To all you motorcycle people, need info on a bike. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
To all you motorcycle people, need info on a bike.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 3:30 PM
Its a Suzuki bike. Its a SV650S. Anyone have one. Im looking to get an 07 in blue. Id like to know what people think of them or if they are a reliable bike or not. Here is a link to one.

Suzuki Bike

My friend just got one and it is an impressive bike and very nice balance and good weight to it.

Re: To all you motorcycle people, need info on a bike.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:23 PM
My buddy had an 03 and honestly, i @!#$ love it....good bike. I dont know if id buy new. I mean theres nothing wrong with it, but a slightly used one can be had for so much less...

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:49 PM
I have never owned one but those who do rave about them. I have ridden one briefly and found it to be fun and forgiving. It has wider, higher bars than a sportbike but very similar chassis geometry and engine. The best of both sport and standard bikes in one package. When I have ridden with people on them I have noticed they are a little responsive then my bike but have no real issue with pace. There is a huge amount of aftermarket parts available and a race series dedicated to the SV.

I have not heard any real realiability issues. More crash damage repair... Perhaps they are a bit too confidence inspiring

I prefer new bikes to used but that's because I like crotch rockets and they are often abused.

PAX

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 6:08 PM
I'm very impressed with my FZ6, very similar to the SV but I liked the styling more and the 07 has the R6 engine. Its not too much power because the tuning is biased to the low end and the balance is great.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 6:40 PM
the SV is a VERY nice bike, especially for long hauls. Probably one of the most comfortable bikes I've ever ridden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
knowah
1996 Pontiac Sunfire 2.4L GT
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:25 PM
Im not really stuck between new and used. One reason is that older bikes are used and like they said, abused. But as for a new bike there is a lot of new bike maintenance, not that i mind but i dont know if the interval gets changed as the bikes life goes on. I love blue one for sure. The red is too dark.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 8:54 PM
I have an 01 SV650s and i must say, to learn on, it is the best bike you can buy. Very very forgiving and easy to ride, but gobs of low end power. Whatever gear you're in, when you twist that throttle it sounds like a friggin beast and it'll go. As for durability, my bike can attest to that. There have been 4 owners before me, 3 of which have had accidents with it, and it's still bulletproof, there is damage to the fairings but that's it, mechanically it's perfectly sound. Definitely a highly recommended bike. Mine, where it's an 01, is carburated, but if you're buying new (or post 2003 i believe it was) it'll be fuel injected, and i've heard it really brings the bike to life. Also, i definitely recommend getting a nice pipe for it, even just getting a slip-on will really bring out the mid range and top end power, and it'll sound wicked to boot.
Thursday, June 21, 2007 10:02 AM
I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say the SV650 is a modern-day classic. Owner's LOVE them. I once read somewhere that when SV650 owners buy another bike, they're the least likely to sell their current bike for the new one, they just get an extra.

---

Thursday, June 21, 2007 10:25 AM
ummm....

DO IT!!!

Thursday, June 21, 2007 10:27 AM
oh, and P.S. -

get a D&D exhaust when you do buy it. Best sounding one out there. Quiet most of the time and loud when it needs to be

Thursday, June 21, 2007 2:09 PM
THATS THE EXACT ONE I WANT HAHA. well not that one but thats the exact replica of what i want. How hard was all the flush mounting for the lights? and did you put the hide a plate on there? I cant really tell from that pic too well. I just see that you cant see that huge plastic piece on there.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 3:06 PM
DO IT! I like mine, it's cool.

slightly better day shot

Thursday, June 21, 2007 8:53 PM
well rule of the house is no bikes. i knew this going into all of it but im working on cracking my mom. we both talked about the risks of it but nothing. if i move out then i can have one. but at home, its all free. i offered to pay rent but nothing is working. she had a lady she worked with lose her son on a bike but it wasnt his fault. anyone have anything else i can present. i mean it was a strong no which really sucked. i would move out if i could afford it. i know if i can afford to move out then i dont need a bike. but like i said i like living at home and its cheaper. and to be honest, i would miss my parents. so let me know if you have ever dealt with this or if you have any real ideas. im tapped out.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:41 PM
tell her that owning it will help build credit for you as you pay on it and insurance. as far as my own personal experience, my mom was the same way, hesistant on lettin me get one myself, but i jus showed up wit it out of the blue and let it be known that i truly enjoy the bike and having pride of having something titled in own name was jus awesome.
Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:43 PM
i own my lumina and am paying on my cav. and i just bought a newer supercharged regal just to re sell. and i have a credit card which is building my credit. The whole bike thing just scares her because i understand she loves me and doesnt want to lose me to a bike accident. i see her side but its hard to make my side a point for her to see.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:48 PM
yea, winning momma over gonna be hard no matter what. cause when i showed up wit mine, it was like a week or so after one of my dad's cousin's had a horrible bike wreck that messed him up bad. so imagine her face wit a motorcycle in the garage that i said was mine. but either way, jus wait till u move out, or if u can show your points, like being a responsible rider, wearing your gear, and riding sensibly. but yea, either way it'd be your call. or her's...
Friday, June 22, 2007 8:28 AM
Explain to your mom that you take cances every day. Walking, breathing, driving a car, etc. You are 21, responsible for your own actions, and can be as safe as possible. If she doesn't go for it, move. Afterall, you are 21

PAX

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Friday, June 22, 2007 12:39 PM
I dunno where you live at (I'm near Pittsburgh, PA), but I'm actually looking to sell mine... PM me or email at ebrown0104@hotmail.com if you're interested

Friday, June 22, 2007 6:23 PM
Brown Eye wrote:I dunno where you live at (I'm near Pittsburgh, PA), but I'm actually looking to sell mine... PM me or email at ebrown0104@hotmail.com if you're interested

Im looking for a brand new 07 model and im still working on talking to her. so far its not working. but im not going to give up. and i wish i could move then i would have a bike.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search