hyundai beats lexus - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Re: hyundai beats lexus
Monday, June 18, 2007 5:33 AM
I'd rather support Japan over South Koera

dan

Monday, June 18, 2007 8:07 AM
dubduce18s wrote:I'd rather support Japan over South Koera

dan

Honestly that's probably the most pointless and ignorant thing i've ever heard.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Monday, June 18, 2007 8:40 AM
Id rather support South Korea over Japan, but that doesnt mean Id buy a Hyundai over a Lexus.

Monday, June 18, 2007 2:17 PM
It only won because of price... Besides, if you got enough cash to buy a Lexus, are you really gonna be looking at a Hyundai? Hyundais are poser high-class cars. People who really compare a Hyundai to any higher-priced target brand (BMW, Lexus, Acura) also say that Cavaliers are 'sporty.'

Well, Cavaliers are not sporty, and Hyundais are not luxury cars. I'd rather own a Kia, at least they ain't frontin'!

Monday, June 18, 2007 4:33 PM
Lexus isnt any more than a toyota with gold trim and more sound proofing that costs 20k more but hey if your stupid enough to buy one whatever

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, June 18, 2007 9:34 PM
hyundai is building their new nameplate.
if they are attempting to fit in with that level of cars but beat their price point, why WOULDNT you compare them?

Creative Draft Art Media Forums
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 6:06 AM
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:hyundai is building their new nameplate.
if they are attempting to fit in with that level of cars but beat their price point, why WOULDNT you compare them?

Brand Image.

Hyundai's are not baller. They never will be.

They are a budget economy car company, and even if in the next 10yrs they transform their entire line-up to cars that out perform the current mjr luxury brands in everyway imaginable - they still carry the stigma of a budget economy car company.

Even most upscale luxury 'asian' cars are not considered Baller.

An Acura over a BMW?
A Lexus over a MB?

Even if the 'asian' cars outperformed their counterparts in every catagory for a cheaper price tag they still carry the stigma of being 'inferior' because they are not european.

Majority of us dont think like this. Majority if people buying a mid/high-class luxury car do.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 6:22 AM
wow.... this thread is full of some stuck up, narrow minded views.

because image is everything, and what everyone else thinks of a brand should dictate what you spend your money on for YOUR OWN enjoyment? Grow the hell up.

If Hyundai comes out with a decent looking car that has all the creature comforts that I want, and has a smooth ride and their 10yr/100k mile warranty, and either compairs to or overshadows an MB or Lexus or BMW $10-$30k more, hell yeah Im going to buy the Hyundai... and be proud of the money I saved and got equal or better of a car.

Get over Image "they're note baller" get the fuk back in your ghetto, moron.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:04 AM
Fu<k youre stupid.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:35 AM
JinxedZ THE LOVED ONE wrote:
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:hyundai is building their new nameplate.

Brand Image.

Hyundai's are not baller. They never will be.

They are a budget economy car company, and even if in the next 10yrs they transform their entire line-up to cars that out perform the current mjr luxury brands in everyway imaginable - they still carry the stigma of a budget economy car company.

Even most upscale luxury 'asian' cars are not considered Baller.

An Acura over a BMW?
A Lexus over a MB?

Even if the 'asian' cars outperformed their counterparts in every catagory for a cheaper price tag they still carry the stigma of being 'inferior' because they are not european.

Majority of us dont think like this. Majority if people buying a mid/high-class luxury car do.
Baller is a dumb-ass word that means nothing without the prefix "foot."

If you want to compare:
Toyota 25 years ago was an upstart jap company that wanted to try and crack the mid-size market with average quality (I've owned Toyotas of that era with low mileage, Average was about as good as you'd get) cars at discounted prices.
BMW's were for criminals, bankers and stock managers, and people that wanted to lose their money slower than the Regan Gov't could de-value it.
MB's were for drug dealers and old money that didn't want Cadillacs.

Hyundai puts out a car that very favourably competes with other imports, and considering the price is also extremely attractive if you're looking at buying used BMW/MB.

Either way, your perception doesn't mean much, you're talking attitude which changes hourly, Motortrend actually uses and publishes it's data.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:10 AM
MB or BMW luxury? or more should I say ?

Nothing say luxury marque like when the rest of the world uses them as this.

Nothing says luxury then hubcaps, vinyl/cloth seats and fleet use. Prestigious isn't it?
Point blank... North America is the only market stupid enough to believe their grocery-getter, everyday run-abouts marques are "luxury" marques.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:21 AM
Everyone needs to read my post again without the word Baller.

In fact, focus solely on this point: Brand Image.

Hyundai doesnt have it.

People who buy Luxury cars care a lot about it.

Toyota worked very hard to achieve it (and still isnt there in the eyes of LuxuryEuro or Bust Millionaires)

'But *I* wouldnt buy a car due to brand image!'
'But thats stupid, *I* would look at X and Y and Z when making a purchase'

Thats great, you go do that.

We're talking about the luxury car segment, a segment totally unlike our own. We talk and put high value on fuel economy, performance, build quality, etc. We research these things before purchase. These are what car companies advertise to us.

How often do you see a 7 series commercial about fuel economy, build quality, and low finance rates? You dont, or at least very rarely. The commercials you do see from these companies are often for their entry level vehicles, and even then, they focus on the brand image and 'prestige' (basically, its a MB, so it has to be good).

Hyundai/Chevy/Kia/Ford commcercials? You have all sorts of crap trying to convince you that its fun and sporty and you and your buddies are gonna have a great time with beach balls and girls in a sunroof and theirs fuel economy and performance numbers and finance rates all flashing at you trying to convince you to buy one. Classy.

Finally, it is irrelevant if you agree with this or not. I do not agree with ther existence of Nigeria. It doesnt mean it isnt so.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:26 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Nothing says luxury then hubcaps, vinyl/cloth seats and fleet use. Prestigious isn't it?
Point blank... North America is the only market stupid enough to believe their grocery-getter, everyday run-abouts marques are "luxury" marques.

Bingo.

Brand Image.

You make 150K at the legal office ... you think youre going to rock a brand new Acura TL (better car IMO) to the office, or an entry level MB?

95 out of 100 times, youll see the MB.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:13 AM
I completely agree with everything Jinxed says... of course, that was made well aware in my previous post. People looking to buy luxury cars want a car that has some aura of being exclusive, high-class, expensive, etc. Hyundais do not have that. The fact that they are trying to push that in their advertisements is making fools of everybody. It's saying to the people who buy Rovers, MB's and BMW's "look at you stupid Americans, paying twice as much money for a car that sucks worse than ours!" And it's saying to the poor people like you and me "buy our car because we're comparing it to BMW and Benz so it has to be the hot shiznit." Hyundai is eventually going to turn into Volkswagen and start building high-class wannabe cars that suck for quality instead of sticking to building cheap junk that lasts forever.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search