GNX Stage 3? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GNX Stage 3?
Sunday, June 17, 2007 11:53 PM
On my way to work tonight i got passed by a guy in a GNX and a bunch of retarded teenagers in a Camaro. They were swerving in and out of traffic being all "fast and furious" like. Almost causing a few accidents. The GNX and Camaro got next to each other at a red light and the GNX basicly destroyed the Camaro like it was nothing. But anyways what caught my eye was the GNX, looked completely stock but on the rear trunk bezel it had a chrome badge that said "Stage 3" and he had a black rectangle box sticking right in the middle of his windshield that had 3 sets of numbers running on it. I know the GNXs came with a turbo V6. Are they really that much faster then a V8 Camaro? Was this "Stage 3" a factory option or was this just something the guy put on his car? I never seen a Stage 3 GNX thats why im asking..

Re: GNX Stage 3?
Monday, June 18, 2007 1:10 AM
Nothing from the factory. I wanted one of those cars for a while and did lots of reading. Never heard anything about a "Stage 3" option. GNX's are decently quick. They usually always stay stock looking, but its easy as all hell to make them fast. An LS1 camaro will beat a stock GNX more than likely. Not by much, but a GNX with an exhaust and a MBC will be a different story.

Monday, June 18, 2007 1:19 AM
the thing about geand nationals are they are quick stock, and they easily modded to be made into beasts

Monday, June 18, 2007 2:33 AM
oops i lied guys it was a Regal GSX. thought something didn't sit right with a newer lookin car that had GNX on it. But still the GSX only had a tubo V6
Monday, June 18, 2007 3:20 AM
Ryan Shissler wrote:oops i lied guys it was a Regal GSX. thought something didn't sit right with a newer lookin car that had GNX on it. But still the GSX only had a tubo V6

you mean super charged V6

should be a supercharged 3800 if its a late model regal

Monday, June 18, 2007 3:40 AM
well whatever v6 it was it was a beast of a car.
Monday, June 18, 2007 10:43 AM
there are stage models for the regals , from SLP and THRASHER , having the GSX sounds like something from thrasher , slp usually used GTX

stock from GM they ran high 14's to mid 15's , average range for modded 1's are in the 12's , fasted 3800 gtp is low 9's with a turbo

the regal GS and the pontiac gtp are similar like the camaro and firebird are

Monday, June 18, 2007 2:08 PM
i really wanna find this guy now and look at this car.
Monday, June 18, 2007 7:27 PM
First of all, let's get straight which car you saw.

This is a Buick Regal GS

This is a Buick GNX

Which one was it?

Oh, and Buick never made a FWD Regal GSX. Only a Grand Sport "GS" option.

The stock GNX ran 13.9 to 14.2 quarters depending on who was driving. The Grand National (it was never called a GN by Buick) ran about a 14.5 to 14.8. Personally, I would be a lot more believing of a 14.2 for a GNX and 14.8 for the Grand National. Most manufacturers tend to send the best tuned cars to magazines for testing and I wouldn't be surprised if they had send "ringers" if you know what I mean. From observation I can tell you for 100% sure that the Grand National was about as fast as a Mustang 5.0 at the time and the GNX could whup the L-98 Corvette.

MacLaren, which made the GNX did offer some sort of aftermarket support for the GNX and Grand National and if I'm not mistaken they called it the Stage 1/Stage 2 options. I don't recall a stage 3.

In any case, to answer your question, it was just a badge put on the car to make it look "cool". Factory Turbo Buicks never had "Stage" packages from Buick.

Monday, June 18, 2007 7:43 PM
it was newer around 98ish looking. I've only seen a few cars like this one let me see if i can actually find a pic of it
Monday, June 18, 2007 7:57 PM
alright here is what i saw. 2003 Buick Regal GSX Stage 3 from SLP.

link to all its info. http://www.fabini.com/slp/slpbuickgsx.html

Saturday, September 01, 2007 5:00 AM
back from the dead, but damn nice cars!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search