Repair cost? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Repair cost?
Saturday, June 02, 2007 7:42 PM
Hey all, I'm looking at getting a mid 90s thunderbird, 5spd, turbo, for pretty cheap. A guy at work just bought a new car and wants to get rid of it. now he says the only thing it needs is a oil pan gasket put in it, I'm wondering what thats gonna run me, i looked on autozone.com and it said like $18 for the gasket, but how muck work is it to put in? I got a mechanic that i trust and he charges like $65 an hour. how long of a job would that be to put in. or is it something i could tackle myself,

oh yeah he also said for some reason it idles a little high... like at 1500rpm. Any idea on what that could be?

Lifes a B**ch,
You marry one,
Then you DIE!!

Re: Repair cost?
Monday, June 04, 2007 8:55 AM
Quote:

Hey all, I'm looking at getting a mid 90s thunderbird, 5spd, turbo, for pretty cheap

Is this what the seller told you? If so, kick him in the skull. They're supercharged, not turbocharged. Also, if this is what the seller told you, don't buy the car, as he clearly knows as much about that vehicle as I know about breast feeding.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Monday, June 04, 2007 12:50 PM
ZlineDavid wrote:
Quote:

Hey all, I'm looking at getting a mid 90s thunderbird, 5spd, turbo, for pretty cheap

Is this what the seller told you? If so, kick him in the skull. They're supercharged, not turbocharged. Also, if this is what the seller told you, don't buy the car, as he clearly knows as much about that vehicle as I know about breast feeding.

Shut up now. Thunderbirds came with the same 2.3 Turbo motor as Mustang SVO's.

Monday, June 04, 2007 12:57 PM
Quote:

Turbo Coupes were offered from 1983-1988. Super Coupes were offered from 1989-1995.

But thanks for playing, Vanna has some lovely parting gifts for you!

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Monday, June 04, 2007 3:00 PM
/me cock slaps david....kiss it son!

Monday, June 04, 2007 4:16 PM
2.3 turbo stopped in 88'. Both of my turbo T-birds Idle at 1500. Prolly TPS.

Monday, June 04, 2007 7:32 PM
sorry me and the guy misunderstood each other, its a 1989 supercharged thunderbird with 130xxx miles got it for $600, leaks oil somewhere and idles a little high, otherwise runs very good.

Lifes a B**ch,
You marry one,
Then you DIE!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search