Buick Velite is a go - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Buick Velite is a go
Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:40 AM

Buick has confirmed that they will produce the fourth model of the company that will be probably a production version of the Velite Concept unveiled in 2004 at New York auto show.
The new model will be built on the Zeta's platform RWD architecture, no word on engine choices--yet, but it looks like it will be Buick's only RWD.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Buick Velite is a go
Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:59 AM
That is one sexy automobile...

Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:39 AM
IMO its gonna be just like a sky roadster,crossfire and solstice i think that they are compeating against the S2K and the MX-5. they will never out beat it. gm needs to make a better engine lineup and get away from the ecos and the 3000 series engines.they are powerful but to comon and other companies know what they can do. gm needs to surprise them with a new desgin of engines that can be tuned better and handle the beating that some others can do(even tho you can beat on any pontiac and it will never die). every gm car is predictible with the engine options,hey need to get thier heads out and build a real 4 cyl , v6 and maybe a I6.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:40 AM
not crazy about the front end at all, but the sides and rear are sexy as hell

Check out my build thread!

Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:41 AM
at least its a buick that isnt intended for geriatrics

-Borsty
Thursday, May 31, 2007 3:03 PM
justin wilverding wrote:IMO its gonna be just like a sky roadster,crossfire and solstice i think that they are compeating against the S2K and the MX-5. they will never out beat it. gm needs to make a better engine lineup and get away from the ecos and the 3000 series engines.they are powerful but to comon and other companies know what they can do. gm needs to surprise them with a new desgin of engines that can be tuned better and handle the beating that some others can do(even tho you can beat on any pontiac and it will never die). every gm car is predictible with the engine options,hey need to get thier heads out and build a real 4 cyl , v6 and maybe a I6.

Uhm thats why it has 4 seats?

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.767@109.93
Thursday, May 31, 2007 3:36 PM
why o why ugg, Buick was dead many many years ago why try now

Thursday, May 31, 2007 3:56 PM
justin wilverding wrote:IMO its gonna be just like a sky roadster,crossfire and solstice i think that they are compeating against the S2K and the MX-5. they will never out beat it. gm needs to make a better engine lineup and get away from the ecos and the 3000 series engines.they are powerful but to comon and other companies know what they can do. gm needs to surprise them with a new desgin of engines that can be tuned better and handle the beating that some others can do(even tho you can beat on any pontiac and it will never die). every gm car is predictible with the engine options,hey need to get thier heads out and build a real 4 cyl , v6 and maybe a I6.

Did you catch the fact that there's a couple extra seats in the back? The Solstice/Sky (which if you notice stack up very nicely dollar for dollar against) the S2000, and Miata/mx-5 are all roadsters... meaning 2 people, top down, overnight bags in the rest of the trunk on the freeway.

Tuning isn't a factory's concern, however, I have a solution to your engine quandary, it's one beautiful word: NORTHSTAR.

Orange Z: Don't write them off juuuuust yet. That kind of car is a Halo.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:12 PM
Very Halo. It's just what they need. I just pray they don't cheap out and rush it out by deleting the rear seats and just blend the body to a Solstice/Sky. That would piss me off. But this body is doable on the G6 coupe body. And would be the hottest coupe from Buick since the GNX's.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:22 PM
That's one nice buick.

"satan, is it getting cld in here?"

www.drluc.ca
Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:57 PM

so what's wrong with the eco's? they have a nice base engine (2.2L) they have a pretty decent s/c motor, a variable valve timing stroker (2.4L) and a turbo 2.0L....what more do you want? 3 of the 4 are stout motors, i believe 2 are forged, maybe 3. 3 have oil squirters on the pistons...and they've all be proven to handle well to upgrades, so I'd LOVE to know where you get the idea that the engine is where they need help. IMO....suspension and interior quality/layout are the weakpoints.

oh...as for never beating the MX-5 and S2K....MX-5 has been said to only be slightly better in some ways then a solstice...close enough styling alone could bring someone over from the MX-5. I've not seen a direct comparison to the S2K...but consider the S2K is considerably more money then even the GXP/Redline models

Thursday, May 31, 2007 8:31 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:

so what's wrong with the eco's? they have a nice base engine (2.2L) they have a pretty decent s/c motor, a variable valve timing stroker (2.4L) and a turbo 2.0L....what more do you want? 3 of the 4 are stout motors, i believe 2 are forged, maybe 3. 3 have oil squirters on the pistons...and they've all be proven to handle well to upgrades, so I'd LOVE to know where you get the idea that the engine is where they need help. IMO....suspension and interior quality/layout are the weakpoints.

oh...as for never beating the MX-5 and S2K....MX-5 has been said to only be slightly better in some ways then a solstice...close enough styling alone could bring someone over from the MX-5. I've not seen a direct comparison to the S2K...but consider the S2K is considerably more money then even the GXP/Redline models

A GXp/Redline model more then competes with an S2K as well .

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Thursday, May 31, 2007 8:36 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Buick has confirmed that they will produce the fourth model of the company that will be probably a production version of the Velite Concept unveiled in 2004 at New York auto show.
The new model will be built on the Zeta's platform RWD architecture, no word on engine choices--yet, but it looks like it will be Buick's only RWD.

So in no way is these going to be anywhere near competing with the MX-5 or the S2000, for one it will be on the same platform as the New Camaro, G8, and Impala(if I'm not mistaken). More than likely no 4cyl. Probably the 262hp 3.6V6, along with the NorthstarV8. Don't think they'll put a LS2, 3, or 4 in it.
Thursday, May 31, 2007 8:37 PM
=OrangeZ= wrote:why o why ugg, Buick was dead many many years ago why try now

cause the baby boomers are getting old, and old people like buicks

so in the next ten years, expect to see buicks sales jump

and i dig it, if they put that new v-6 they are using in the caddy's ohhhh man watch out.

Friday, June 01, 2007 7:46 AM
my dad loves his buick lesabre and it is what you think of when you think buick. that champange color with the really cushy seats. i actually love the thing too. it glides on the interstate. my mom gave a regal a try. it was nice, leather heated seats, chrome, the works but she couldn't get over seeing the older folks driving the same car so now she has a minivan.

however, in china, buicks are a hit because they don't carry the image that they do in the states.
Friday, June 01, 2007 9:26 AM
make a GSX version , and id take 1

Friday, June 01, 2007 7:39 PM
97cavy22 wrote:
=OrangeZ= wrote:why o why ugg, Buick was dead many many years ago why try now

cause the baby boomers are getting old, and old people like buicks

so in the next ten years, expect to see buicks sales jump

and i dig it, if they put that new v-6 they are using in the caddy's ohhhh man watch out.

I would be willing to bet it...

the 3.6 vvt I have is more than enough to haul ass, sounds smooth, no vibration, and the newer engine will have 50 more horses...

IF they dont put that motor in it BETTER be for a northstar...

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Friday, June 01, 2007 9:32 PM
the front end just screams Audi and the rear looks like it's from Lexus.

overall, it looks pretty good, and it better have one damn nice engine in it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search