2008 Scion tC pricing - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2008 Scion tC pricing
Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:43 PM

Scion has announced today the pricing for the 2008 tC sports coupe and tC Spec Package models. Both will be available in showrooms next month.

The tC Spec Package will have a MSRP of $15,300 for a manual transmission and $16,100 for an automatic transmission. The core model tC is priced at $17,000 for the manual transmission and $17,800 for the automatic transmission.

The 2008 tC receives freshened styling, new standard equipment and safety features for 2008. Exterior changes include a new upper mesh grille, lattice lower grille, projector-type low beam headlights with black trim, and rear tail lights similar in style to the tC’s headlights with round combination lamps. The tC also receives a deep orange combination meter on the instrument panel, silver-colored accents on the door assist grips and center cluster, updated seat fabric and a Pioneer subwoofer located under the cargo area.

It comes standard with seat-mounted side airbags, front and rear side curtain airbags, and two complimentary factory- recommended maintenance services, at 5,000 and 10,000 miles, at any Scion or Toyota dealer. Also all the 2008 models come standard with Apple iPod connectivity.

What is new in the accessories is the Scion navigation system. The system features a 160-watt maximum power audio/video/navigation unit with seven-inch LCD touch screen.

The tC Spec Package model, a blank canvas for the tuner community to express its creativity, also receives the grille, deep orange combination meter and silver-colored interior accents in addition to the new airbags and iPod connectivity across the Scion line-up.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: 2008 Scion tC pricing
Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:49 PM
looking good, its one of my top picks for a new car that ill be getting in a few months but idk its just doesn't handle as good as i wish it would. the prices are nice though for what you get so thats what keeps it still in the running for me
only thing is that everyone and there mom has one over here...but heck who wouldn't want a baby lexus

Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:50 PM
I dont like it.

It never appealed to me.

Goooo Civic.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 3:57 PM
@!#$... I'm writing this one down.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:08 PM
I drove a manual model with a TRD S/C in it and was amazingly not impressed.....But i also drove an Ion Redline & Cobalt SS-S/C And was equally unimpressed. I always loved my Z24 because no matter what it had going against it...that instant low end torque always put a smile on my face. It was a pile of crap....but was a really, really fun pile of crap.
With the HP/TQ numbers of the N/A tC being nearly identical to the 2.4l Z24's I imagined it would have the acceleration characteristics of the Z24, but offer better bulid quality, interior materials, and Toyota reliability. It had the latter 3 but not the one thing i really wanted...(Z24's famous) 2nd gear chirpies and low end grunt. Now if the S/C'ed model was so boring i didn't want to know how lame the N/A tC was...no matter how close the numbers were to the Z24, the performance wasn't there.

The Redline and Cobalt SS also felt slow or the same as the Z24. My friend says the the tC, Cobalt and Redline are just so much more refined than a Z24 was (body integrity wise) That the cars only "feel" slower becuase they ride so much smoother. I just know that my Z24 was pushing 160hp with my mild mods. (only a guess) But felt alot faster. The Cobalt/Redline & tC S/C models are putting out an easy 200+ HP all day, every day and I don't feel any earth shattering difference from the 150hp 2.4 Z24's. I don't doubt they're faster....they just don't feel it. And it's that drop a gear and boom felling any real driving enthusiast loves. I also think the SRT-4 Neon was a huge shock....it also felt ALOT slower than i expected.

So...am I crazy, or is my ass numb? Becuase I'm in the market, but was so underwhemled at the performance of these 3 that now I'm looking at 350Z's. I drove one of those...and when you mash the gas pedal, you KNOW your moving. It's the closest to that low-end grunt feeling I fell in love with in my Z24...and was the type of performance I was expecting from the Cobalt SS S/C, but wasn't there.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:18 PM
Jookycola wrote:I drove a manual model with a TRD S/C in it and was amazingly not impressed.....But i also drove an Ion Redline & Cobalt SS-S/C And was equally unimpressed. I always loved my Z24 because no matter what it had going against it...that instant low end torque always put a smile on my face. It was a pile of crap....but was a really, really fun pile of crap.
With the HP/TQ numbers of the N/A tC being nearly identical to the 2.4s. I drove one of those...and when you mash the gas pedal, you KNOW your moving. It's the closest to that low-end grunt feeling I fell in love with in my Z24...and was the type of performance I was expecting from the Cobalt SS S/C, but wasn't there.

You sir are on crack LOL. No offense, but the SS/SC and the SRT are so much faster than the stock Z24 it is uncomparable. I think you are expecting a LS2 C6. Keep in mind these are still 4 bangers not V8's.

www.drluc.ca
Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:25 PM
didnt we go over this before?

Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:39 PM
Sip wrote:
Jookycola wrote:I drove a manual model with a TRD S/C in it and was amazingly not impressed.....But i also drove an Ion Redline & Cobalt SS-S/C And was equally unimpressed. I always loved my Z24 because no matter what it had going against it...that instant low end torque always put a smile on my face. It was a pile of crap....but was a really, really fun pile of crap.
With the HP/TQ numbers of the N/A tC being nearly identical to the 2.4s. I drove one of those...and when you mash the gas pedal, you KNOW your moving. It's the closest to that low-end grunt feeling I fell in love with in my Z24...and was the type of performance I was expecting from the Cobalt SS S/C, but wasn't there.

You sir are on crack LOL. No offense, but the SS/SC and the SRT are so much faster than the stock Z24 it is uncomparable. I think you are expecting a LS2 C6. Keep in mind these are still 4 bangers not V8's.

Maybe not crack. I didn't get that he was expecting v8 performance at all out of that. He's comparing a "cavalier z24" to a Cobalt SS not a vette. And yes I too was suprised by the lack of a performance "soul" (so-to-speak) when i got my SS. It is a very smooth acceleration. The Eco and tc's fours are so much more refined than the LD9 2.4 from the old j-bodies. The power delivery is just smoother so although you may "feel" it's less fast, it's in fact flying. Also the body rigidness and suspension differences from a jbody add to a sense of solidness that the z24 never had. It may lack a solid perfomance feel, but it's there. The tc is also slightly heavier than the jbodies so that would mess up the perfomance numbers too. They are a blast to drive though and very "baby 6-Series" looking. If you liked the Z24 than try the tc again, seriously it's not as slow as you thought, just alot smoother riding.

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Friday, June 01, 2007 5:03 AM
I'm heading to my local Scion dealer at lunch to see if I can snap any real life shots of these. From the concept/early pics out there, my takes:

Headlights: A thorough "meh". I like the fact they went to projectors, but I think the housings look cheap. Plus, OEM halogen projectors are a recipe for bad HID setups.
Taillights: Must....have..... I'll be swapping my '06s for the '08s as soon as I find a willing participant. I think those are screaming for an LED conversion.
Subwoofer: If it's the lameass one used in the Release Series 2.0, it puts out a thundering 35 watts. Yippee. *gag*
iPod Head Unit: Decent, has 3 preouts, a sub connection, iPod connection and a satellite connection factory. I'll snag one if I don't swap to a Toyota Voice Nav first.
Scion Navigation: Again, nice that it's available, but it's a hefty chunk of change and doesn't have voice controls or Bluetooth, a la other Toyota/Lexus nav setups.
Grilles: Ugh.
Free Maintenance: Way to mentally masturbate your customers, Toyota.
Side SRS: Yay, if you're into all that safety stuff.

My gripes: Scion, your seats still suck, and now you downgrade the cloth quality? I bought a sport coupe, I don't want gatdamn Camry seats. I know you have some old 7th gen Celica seats in a warehouse somewhere. Leather wrap them and put them in the tC. kthxbyerantover.

As for the speed of the car, it feels exactly like a low output Quad 4 to me. Decent torque for an I4, but falls on its face about 4500 RPM. *longs for the W41 cam kick* All in all, it has a lot of standard stuff not found in its price range, but won't set the world on fire performance wise. The "baby Lexus" comment was kinda right.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Friday, June 01, 2007 10:02 PM
I work at a Toyota/ Scion dealership and we have one of the new tCs on our back lot. the visual upgrades, esp. the taillights, are great. the one that i saw is that "Black Sand Mica" (black w/ fine rainbow metalflake that really pops in the sunlight) and had most of the options, but not the nav. the MSRP on the sticker was just under $18k.
the sub is indeed the 35 watt pioneer from the RS 2.0.
I like the seats in a tC, but I love the seats in a 7th gen celica (leather or cloth- they are really comfortable either way).
Check carefully to see what the "Scion Free Maintenance" includes, you may be dissapointed otherwise (this is just a good idea when buying a car anyway- read ALL the paperwork, or at least skim it), anything that's free usually has strings attached.
I saw the same pictures as on the first post in this thread, and was unmoved, but when I saw the car in real life, I was much more impressed. that probably has a lot to do with the black looking a lot more bada$$ than the silver. and it is a 5-speed. I want it so bad...

btw... has anyone seen the RS3.0? it's pearl white and comes with a Kenstyle bodykit, TYC taillights (all red, no amber), and black leather seats with white alcantara inserts. it looks pretty nice too. (probably has the audio upgrades too, but I've only seen a couple, and havn't really looked at any window stickers).
Friday, June 01, 2007 10:33 PM
i hate that car to death!!!! only because i can't have one in Canada. if it ever meets Canadian crash tests im the first one in line to buy it.

it seems the Canadian government thinks its not safe enough for us. but its safe enough for America WTF??? have these idiots seen how poorly the civic holds up to an impact?

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg

Saturday, June 02, 2007 6:28 AM
Quote:

has anyone seen the RS3.0?

Yup. Seats are "very niiiiiiice" </borat>. Subwoofer is, again, the 35w Pioneer joke. Love, love, love the upper grille on them though. Waiting for one to get rear ended.

Quote:

I love the seats in a 7th gen celica

x11ty

Why on earth Toyota didn't just keep using them in the tC is beyond me.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search