To get or not to get 04 bmw 325xi - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
To get or not to get 04 bmw 325xi
Monday, May 07, 2007 7:32 PM
as some of you know i work at infiniti car, we just got a 04 bmw 325xi in, its black with black leather interior heated seats sunroof ect ect ect, its 5spd manual with AWD, nice combo! it has 33k miles on it, its gonna be around 16-17k for me, the car drives good, and looks good, now , do i get it? i have a 2006 ford fusion with only 6k miles, i would be trading it in, im just worried about buyin a car with 33k miles, when my car only has 6k, the fusion is a good car, but just lacks a lot of things i like such as leather, awd and sunroof! and obviously, the bmw is just a ton nicer inside and out, what would you guys do? if i got the bmw i would make sure i get extended bmw warranty, and make sure my dealership does a full top to bottom check on it first an fix whatever needs to be done on there dime, so what would you guys do?

Re: To get or not to get 04 bmw 325xi
Monday, May 07, 2007 8:23 PM
Hmm I wouldn't in your situation. You still ahve a full warranty. I am no fan of Ford either.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.767@109.93
Monday, May 07, 2007 9:17 PM
01) no warranty = no bmw.
02) allot of the xi's came with leatherette not leather as standard equipment (unless they had the premium package)
03) 325xi is the slowest/ heaviest 3 series out there. I test drove a 02 325xi last year (my jeep was faster)

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Monday, May 07, 2007 9:24 PM
If it was a 330xi, I'd say go for it, even if it was a few more dollars. But, I'd have to hold out on a 325

Monday, May 07, 2007 9:36 PM
You mean you can get it for 16-17K PLUS whatever they put into it. Most dealers won't put anything on their "dime" employee or not. Especially a car that just came in and they can get more than that for.

Monday, May 07, 2007 11:29 PM
Personally I would go for the BMW but if you cant get some kind of warranty, dont do it. BMW parts are very expensive, well you should know since you work around them. It is a much nicer car and you would be happy, slow or not, its luxury.
Tuesday, May 08, 2007 6:48 AM
Quote:

01) no warranty = no bmw.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Tuesday, May 08, 2007 9:36 AM
DrPaul84 wrote:as some of you know i work at infiniti car, we just got a 04 bmw 325xi in, its black with black leather interior heated seats sunroof ect ect ect, its 5spd manual with AWD, nice combo! it has 33k miles on it, its gonna be around 16-17k for me, the car drives good, and looks good, now , do i get it? i have a 2006 ford fusion with only 6k miles, i would be trading it in, im just worried about buyin a car with 33k miles, when my car only has 6k, the fusion is a good car, but just lacks a lot of things i like such as leather, awd and sunroof! and obviously, the bmw is just a ton nicer inside and out, what would you guys do? if i got the bmw i would make sure i get extended bmw warranty, and make sure my dealership does a full top to bottom check on it first an fix whatever needs to be done on there dime, so what would you guys do?

Why downgrade?
By buying the BMW 325xi you'll have less room, more miles, less reliability, older vehicle, higher insurance rate, higher fuel consumption, Hmm, I dunno... other then being AWD and the need to pay for the label, but I really don't see a good reason to buy it.

urban wrote:01)
02) allot of the xi's came with leatherette not leather as standard equipment (unless they had the premium package)

Correct. Leatherette is also known as vinyl or (p)leather. And the German cars with the leather option only have leather on the seating surfaces, not the whole seat.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 11:06 AM
I'd keep the car you have now. It's so new, why did you get it if you weren't happy with it?

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 11:40 AM
stick to the ford

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 12:43 PM
well i would be gettin the warranty which is about 2k dollars, and i dunno the ford is nice just kinda sucks.....no leather, or even vinyl i dont like the cloth, no sunroof, an i dunno just kinda blah, sure its a nice cheap car, but thats all it is, i guess i got spoiled with my truck , an the car doesnt meet my expectations , it was a huge step up with the truck from the cav an then i took a huge step down with the fusion, i dont think the bmw would be a step down at all from the fusion, i mean the car is 3 years old an still worth more then my car thats only 9 months old.....

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 12:57 PM
why didnt you get a fusion with the options you wanted
thats what i would have done

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 1:43 PM
cause i didnt want it ? lol

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 2:14 PM
How about getting a G35? How the hell can you pick a 3 series over a G35?

My friend has a 01 325xi with leather (or pleather) seats that have already ripped. There is no room in the backseats, and he has been having trouble with the electrical system for a while now (all of his lights are on).

Good luck.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 2:37 PM
Stick with the fusion you know how it has been treated and plus it only has 6k miles. But if you are going to get rid of it now is the time cause the vaule of the fusion is only going to go down.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Tuesday, May 08, 2007 2:46 PM
UpstateNyZ24 wrote:How about getting a G35? How the hell can you pick a 3 series over a G35?

My friend has a 01 325xi with leather (or pleather) seats that have already ripped. There is no room in the backseats, and he has been having trouble with the electrical system for a while now (all of his lights are on).

Good luck.

ive thought bout it, wanted an 07 for awhile, its nice an all but the interior is a bit cramped (sedan) and insurance is insane on them and they are at least 35k (my price) the markup on them is non existent, and the used ones, i don't really like the ones prior to 07, they are nice got the power an all, but still, dont like the look an everyone has em, and the price is still outrageous.... this came in, is at a good price good condition, still has factory warranty so i can get anything fixed right off the bat if i dont get extended warranty....

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 2:56 PM
i hate most fords with a passion , and bmw's are even lower on the list

bmw needs a 6yr/100k warranty more than ford/gm and chrysler do

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 7:16 PM
i dont understand why you would have gotten a car you didnt want in the first place

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search