From cav to balt. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
From cav to balt.
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:02 PM
Whats up guys. I used to post here somewhat regularly when i still had my cavalier, but now that I'm in my cobalt I've been lurking more than posting. I never really got to put up a pic of my old cavalier while i still had it so I'll put one of the cav up and show you what i have been doing with the cobalt lately.

2001 cavalier. 2.2 ohv with bolt ons and great suspension. 225/50/16 BFG g-force sports on chrome ls sport wheels.

thats one with my cav next to my buddy's ss/sc...his car was what inspired me to go cobalt.

and here are the recent cobalt pics:
Its a 2006 black ss/sc with the black and red leather interior, sunroof, xm radio and most other options.
so far the mods are GM stage II with custom 2.9" pulley, Fujita CAI with k&n drycharger, and zex plugs.
appearance wise, I have the spoiler and key lock shaved/welded shut and the whole trunk re-painted, all badging removed, window tint thanks to SMG racing, and i just recently had my stock 18" wheels paint matched black to the car.

Here are a couple that show the work on the trunk off a little better. The car is wearing the 16" winter wheels and snow tires since it was in mid February.

hope you guys like it as it is so far. I have big plans for it yet so I'll keep you all posted.

Re: From cav to balt.
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:11 PM
Nice Cobalt. I like the look with the spoiler removed...pretty slick.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:37 PM
My buddy just installed his stage 2, that kit is some badass stuff. Good looking Cobalt
Thursday, May 03, 2007 6:31 AM
nice cobalt and welcome to the club. Stage 2 and 2.9 is nice, but now its time for some cooling mods. How is your clutch holding up?

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Thursday, May 03, 2007 7:53 AM
Yup, cooling mods are next. I'm torn between the dual pass or the cobra H/E...who knows, maybe i'll end up needing both.

As far as the stock clutch goes, its perfectly fine. does not slip one bit with 20,000 miles on it. I know some of the guys have slip on the 1-2 shift but i never have.

i will be ordering the turbo tech racing upper engine mount for this thing tomorrow when i get paid.

thanks for the comments!!
Thursday, May 03, 2007 7:54 AM
man that black on black is nice.....how about some better pics in the sun.The shadow hides alot of the car.

I ain't callin u a gold digga,but you ain't messin wit a broke cracka
Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:10 AM
Eh, the only pics i have of the car with the summer black rims are all of the car when it is dirty as hell. I'll post them up but you get the idea.

thats me next to my buddy JC's cobalt with the stock wing and stock wheel color. he's got some nice mods.

and thats me with a couple friends of mine. 02 wrx (stock) and 07 STI limited w/3" TBE, accessport stage 2, kartboy shifter/shifter bushings, and a bunch of suspension stuff. his car is a blast.
Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:14 AM
Gimme your SS rims. So I can put them on my HHR. lol Nice HHR rims.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:16 AM
-MD- LD9 wrote:Gimme your SS rims. So I can put them on my HHR. lol Nice HHR rims.

haha! good eye. They were the best looking winter wheels i could find and i couldnt beat the price of $102.50 for all 4 (ebay)

It gave my car a nice sleeper look in the winter
Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:38 AM
nice car

After the stage 2 install,,,,,,,is there more wheele hop or no in 1st gear?

thnaks
Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:48 AM
Still wheel hoppin for the moment. I plan on fixing that soon. I'm ordering the TTR upper engine mount tomorrow and will be doing CAB's and trans bushings soon as well.

If it starts to wheel hop, i just have to lift a little and it's fine. i dont want to snap an axle if i dont have to.

Thursday, May 03, 2007 10:02 AM
Paint your headlight housings black, and put some VHT Nightshades on your tail lights.

1983 Camaro Z28
Thursday, May 03, 2007 10:13 AM
yup, painting the headlight housings next week. i think i'm leaving the tails alone for now. Maybe a VERY light smoke tint on them.
Thursday, May 03, 2007 1:25 PM
You could you Lamin-x. It works really good for the tail, but it takes a lot of time to do right.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, May 03, 2007 2:08 PM
I dont know why but it reminds me of a cop car...

I can't decide if i like it spoiler-less or not

Nice car though, I want one.

Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:37 PM
definatly put a light tint on the tails, and paint the headlights... other then that and maybe painting your tip, the balt looks tits

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Thursday, May 03, 2007 4:00 PM
Yay for the cobalt owners!! and it's black!! black is awesome.!! congrats on the new purchase.

05 Mazda RX-8
Friday, May 04, 2007 7:43 PM
Lol, thanks. i wish it was a new purchase. I bought the car last year at the end of june so i've had it for almost a year now. just decided not to show it off till now. I wish it was still new....I miss the smell and everything being so fresh and perfect.
Friday, May 04, 2007 10:43 PM
you too huh?? i got mine i do believe in july of last year! awesome!! lol I love my car..sometimes...

05 Mazda RX-8
Saturday, May 05, 2007 7:21 AM
Nick Bibeault wrote:Lol, thanks. i wish it was a new purchase. I bought the car last year at the end of june so i've had it for almost a year now. just decided not to show it off till now. I wish it was still new....I miss the smell and everything being so fresh and perfect.

Doesn't everyone miss that part of having a new car?

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.767@109.93
Saturday, May 05, 2007 6:02 PM
i have never had a new car, but then again imonly 20 yrs old. so i guess i dont have much say then eh?

Saturday, May 05, 2007 6:46 PM
06cobaltldy wrote:you too huh?? i got mine i do believe in july of last year! awesome!! lol I love my car..sometimes...

yeah, i love this car so far. No problems to date even with having mods (knock on wood). You were born in february too? thats too weird.
Saturday, May 05, 2007 7:29 PM
yes i was. feb. 7th!!!

my car has had problems with the sunroof button, now the turn signal button it doesn't cancel out and sometimes she dies on me..but she's been getting alot of attention so she better be good .

05 Mazda RX-8
Sunday, May 06, 2007 8:54 AM
Nice car man.I really like the shaved trunk look.The rims look hot too.I got mine in july of last year,and so far ive had no problems with it.Im in the process of painting my headlights now.I painted them flat black.Probably next week im gonna spray tint my taillights.Good luck with it.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Sunday, May 06, 2007 1:16 PM
Yay Black Cobalts FTW lol

05 Mazda RX-8
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search