Shelby Super Snake - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shelby Super Snake
Monday, April 30, 2007 3:04 PM

Re: Shelby Super Snake
Monday, April 30, 2007 3:04 PM
Great picture....gotta love red!

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Monday, April 30, 2007 3:06 PM
!@#$ yeah

Monday, April 30, 2007 3:08 PM
Meh, its just a photochop.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.767@109.93
Monday, April 30, 2007 3:37 PM
Looks pretty much like the GT500KR concept pic.
Monday, April 30, 2007 5:02 PM
Quote:

“Mustang enthusiasts are demanding more from both Ford Racing and Shelby Autos” said Jamie Allison, Manager of Ford Racing Performance Group. “The GT500 Super Snake package, with its higher horsepower levels and balanced track-inspired tuning, satisfies those demands and then some … in a uniquely Ford – Shelby way.”

Quote:

Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the GT500 Super Snake package which will include:
• Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit (SuperPack 600) producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque
• 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
• Ford Racing performance exhaust system
• Ford Racing Handling Pack offering unique performance suspension tuning including Dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
• Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels
• Ford Racing short-throw shifter
• Baer 6 piston brakes with Shelby cast calipers and larger rotors
• Front brake cooling ducts
• Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby design
• ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid
• 'Super Snake' vehicle badging
• Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats, and other Shelby designed components
• Official Shelby CSM dash plate

Monday, April 30, 2007 5:40 PM
Quote:

The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements to the Ford Shelby GT500's handling, styling and power; tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted).

Nice touch.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, April 30, 2007 6:02 PM
And it still won't be a Vette.

Monday, April 30, 2007 6:49 PM
Blue devil FTMFW.

Monday, April 30, 2007 8:02 PM
JuggaloZeke wrote:And it still won't beat a Vette.

thought i'd fix that for ya

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Monday, April 30, 2007 9:24 PM
Meh. It's going to be another one of the 1000 other Mustang variations.

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 2:15 PM
That's what kills me about Ford. They put out all of these "options" but don't cover them under warranty. Just like the Focus SVT...that car came out with a bodykit, nice rims, looked really good. It also had a 150 horse 4-banger, and a factory installed 75-shot of nitrous. That's very nice, until you read that the nitrous kit comes "incomplete" in that there is a plug that you have to buy to hook the solenoids up for the kit to function. Those plugs are purchased from Ford for a total of $425 and, upon installing them, the warranty is void on the spot...shows just how much faith Ford has in their product. How awesome is that....

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 2:26 PM
Travis Estep wrote:That's what kills me about Ford. They put out all of these "options" but don't cover them under warranty. Just like the Focus SVT...that car came out with a bodykit, nice rims, looked really good. It also had a 150 horse 4-banger, and a factory installed 75-shot of nitrous. That's very nice, until you read that the nitrous kit comes "incomplete" in that there is a plug that you have to buy to hook the solenoids up for the kit to function. Those plugs are purchased from Ford for a total of $425 and, upon installing them, the warranty is void on the spot...shows just how much faith Ford has in their product. How awesome is that....

i dont think its the product... probably moreso the customers

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 2:32 PM
Travis Estep wrote:That's what kills me about Ford. They put out all of these "options" but don't cover them under warranty. Just like the Focus SVT...that car came out with a bodykit, nice rims, looked really good. It also had a 150 horse 4-banger, and a factory installed 75-shot of nitrous. That's very nice, until you read that the nitrous kit comes "incomplete" in that there is a plug that you have to buy to hook the solenoids up for the kit to function. Those plugs are purchased from Ford for a total of $425 and, upon installing them, the warranty is void on the spot...shows just how much faith Ford has in their product. How awesome is that....

that wasnt the focus svt
that was the saleen focus if i remember correctly
therefore, your statement is out of ignorance, as no company will cover aftermarket parts

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 2:33 PM
That was the saleen focus.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 2:47 PM
that's my bad, it is saleen...but I have a problem with your statement. It doesn't matter what company installed the parts. The fact is that Ford themselves sent these cars to be modified in this way to boost sales. Ford delivered these cars to the dealers in this configuration, and Ford had these vehicles listed on THEIR website. If they were worried that the customer would make a mistake and screw the car up, then offer a turbo instead of a nitrous kit that will void your warranty. If the product is going to void the warranty, then don't offer it pre-installed. Allow the customer to purchase the entire kit seperately and install it themselves. The SRT-4 had factory upgrades that offered far more horsepower than the focus ever dreamed of, but you didn't see warranties being dropped over that deal. Granted, I know that you will argue that the SRT-4 upgrades were performed by a division of Dodge and that Saleen is a 3rd party company, but that just goes to show the half-ass-ness of Ford once again and their lack of consideration for their customers.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:25 AM
When Shelby unveiled the "Super Snake" coupes in April they announced that only a limited number will be built per model year. The company has announced that the price for the "Super Snake" package is $28,000. This means that you will have to pay $72.000 for a Shelby GT500 Super Snake. Yep, MSRP of $72K for a Mustang and we are not including "dealer anal rip-off" either.
::shakeshead::

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:27 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:When Shelby unveiled the "Super Snake" coupes in April they announced that only a limited number will be built per model year. The company has announced that the price for the "Super Snake" package is $28,000. This means that you will have to pay $72.000 for a Shelby GT500 Super Snake. Yep, MSRP of $72K for a Mustang and we are not including "dealer anal rip-off" either.

How about I buy an M5?

I like that idea a lot better.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 5:25 AM
*waits for new zo6 to come from factory with vortech supercharger putting down 635whp*

Friday, June 15, 2007 10:39 AM
JinxedZ THE LOVED ONE wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:When Shelby unveiled the "Super Snake" coupes in April they announced that only a limited number will be built per model year. The company has announced that the price for the "Super Snake" package is $28,000. This means that you will have to pay $72.000 for a Shelby GT500 Super Snake. Yep, MSRP of $72K for a Mustang and we are not including "dealer anal rip-off" either.

How about I buy an M5?

I like that idea a lot better.

M5? Are you mad? That's rubbish!

No German on my stable, unless powered by a diesel engine.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, June 15, 2007 10:46 AM
I still think they should have ratined from using psi from their engine. The orignal super snake had something like 575bhp, but now ... they have to use psi to get those kind of levels. I'm tired of seeing all of these replica cars boosted. If, they were not boosted in the begining, they shouldn't be boosted at all! Sorry, I kinda had to go off in a tangent

dan

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:14 PM
For any one interested, here are what I believe to be production pics of the Super Snake...

Enjoy.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:39 AM
Is this car going to have an independent rear suspension? Because at these prices it's starting to get ridiculous to have such low tech stuff on a car. If it can't handle any better than the base Shelby then the last thing this car needs is more power. I'm the last guy to be wanting all sorts of gizmo's on a car, but when I pay 80 grand for a car I want something other than a sticker, a bit more power and a bunch of name brand crap that's virtually the same as on the regular Shelby.

Also, I checked out the 800hp twin supercharged Shelby Super Snake AC Cobra that he supposedly built in 1967. The problem I have with Shelby is that he's about as honest as a used car salesman. I don't know if anyone remembers but a few years ago he "found" a bunch of AC Cobra frames that had been rusting in his backyard and was going to use them to build street legal Cobras for customers (Since the cars were all registered 1967's they could be sold as such legally). Only thing is that it was discovered that there was no such thing. He just took some new frames and aged them then pretended he found them. Same thing with him jumping on that hideous 1967 Shelby GT500 Mustang Eleanor bandwagon from a few years ago. To hear him talk, you'd think he'd built them that way in '67. Now he's selling a one of ONE Supersnake Cobra whose origins can only be verified by him (and Bill Cosby, supposedly the only other person to own one.) I keep waiting for him to tell everyone how he built the GT390 for the movie Bullit. (FYI: This is a little joke on the fact that everyone thinks McQueen drove a Shelby in the movie, the Mustang in Bullit is a regular GT with the very very ordinary 390 engine which was exactly the same as the one found in Fairlane Station Wagons. It wasn't that powerful and was considered lame at the time. The Charger in the film ran circles around it.)

Carroll Shelby is a shill pure and simple. I'd rather own a Roush. At least it can take a hard corner without ending up in a ditch.

Roush VS Shelby

Friday, August 24, 2007 4:22 PM
Do you want to hear how it sounds?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YKp92C_URw

LoL I could swear those tips are the same that 2001+ dual muffler Sunfires came from the factory with.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, August 24, 2007 10:36 PM
James (The S197 Driver) wrote:Looks pretty much like the GT500KR concept pic.

Bingo...once again, it'll probably cost about 2 or 3 times what its really worth...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search