'05-'06 Pontiac G6 Projector Headlights - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'05-'06 Pontiac G6 Projector Headlights
Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:59 PM
these were made with infiniti bi-xenon projectors PHILIPS 4300K bulbs. i have also mounted 7 color changing LED angel eyes.

here is a video of the angel eyes in sequence action.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_llZwpmEwE

thanks for looking!!!!!!!

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-

Re: '05-'06 Pontiac G6 Projector Headlights
Sunday, April 29, 2007 9:36 PM
those are cool... haven't seen that before

Sunday, April 29, 2007 11:05 PM
seriously....this is your side job??? You must commit a LOT of your spare time to these! and where do you get all your customers? word of mouth locally???

Monday, April 30, 2007 6:24 AM
thanks fellas.

LOL, yes paul. i still have my 40/week job i have been doing for 7 years now LOL. i have my website: www.izntrbl.com that people find when searching for custom projector headlights. but yes, mostly word of mouth. usually if one person finds their headlights on this page: http://izntrbl.vstore.ca/index.php/cName/custom-projector-headlights
they tend to go back to their car forums and tell everyone else. so for every inquiry, ill make a page for that specific person if they do or do not order. at least the page is ready for them in the future or others that they may tell.

i really could use the extra 40 hours/week to pertain to building headlights, so im not sure how much longer i will be able to do both jobs at the same time.
the hardest part is making sure the customers are happy LOL. but that is getting harder and harder when the orders are coming in much faster than shipping back out.

thanks again guys!!!

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Monday, April 30, 2007 1:06 PM
WOW!!! Still amazed everytime I see a new set. GREAT work

Monday, April 30, 2007 1:51 PM
Josh: they look awesome, as usual.

At this point, if I were you, I'd think seriously about either cutting back or quitting altogether your other job. If you love doing this, then you owe yourself trying it out if nothing else.

If you can push out custom headlights like this for a smaller custom manufacturer, you'll likely see your revenues go up a goodly bit... it's not a flip decision, but, you OBVIOUSLY have the talent man.

Cheers!

Monday, April 30, 2007 2:48 PM
badass my friend i approve

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Tuesday, May 01, 2007 7:31 AM
thanks matt and jeff!!

gam/matt: thank you for your kind words. as for quitting my other job... it really is a great job. i enjoy it very much (which is the only reason i have been doing it for 7 years now) and am actually good at it LOL. i am however saving as much money as i can so i can maybe quit my current job to pursue this business and make sure i will be financially stable when doing so. the hardest part is trying to see where this whole thing is going to go in the future. projectors are just now. next will be LED headlights, and who knows after that. also, in this business, the profit margin is not very good compared to how much time you spend on each build and also the cost of parts and materials for each build. if you try to save time and build two sets rather than just one at a time by hiring someone, you loose all profit you could have had to pay his wages. so im just thinking, rethinking and trying to plan out what "could" happen with this whole thing. this is also why i am trying to include LED taillights and such too.

my current job as ice cream sales and distribution has allot of promise (sorta LOL). we are a small sub-distributor for nestle / hagen daazs / dreyers ice cream. before i started, the 14 year old company consisting the owner, his daughter for book keeping, and 2 drivers was pulling in 700,000/year. after hiring me, we are now at 1.3 mil/year and have 4 drivers (including myself). the owner is around 70 y/o and does not have anyone really to pass the company onto. we have joked around about me buying and taking over, but it is allot of work and being a sub-distributor, you ALWAYS have the other companies giving all the rules and such.

so, after my long winded typing here, basically i dont really know what route i will be taking. kinda stuck here LOL.

thank you very much for your insight, opinions and kind words gam. i truly appreciate it.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Friday, May 04, 2007 6:06 PM
It's my pleasure.

I only say this because I remember my Dad going through the same thing, except he had a cleaning and maintenance company. Juggling the 2 just wasn't feasible, but he had the decision forced on him when the Heating and Electrical company he worked for tanked (embezzling upper-management) and he HAD to make the company work. He's doing well now, 14 years later, and not having to fight it out with the other job made life easier by halving the stress quotient.

I was talking more about later when you can't complete everything on your own. I realise margins are razor thin (they are everywhere except real estate it seems), but when you reach that point where you're not able to do more, its probably better to add an employee or machinery to help you out. It costs money, but then you're able to put out more... well... you get the idea. I figured that you would do most of the work by hand, but later you might think about going with a CAD solution... Anyhow, if you're happy doing what you're doing, you can't ask much more than that.

Sunday, May 06, 2007 5:44 PM
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
At this point, if I were you, I'd think seriously about either cutting back or quitting altogether your other job. If you love doing this, then you owe yourself trying it out if nothing else.

As usual, I disagree with GAM. Consider global warming as my prime argument.
People will be forced to drive less (higher gas prices), and they will sweat
more (more heat waves). Translation. cold, delicious ice cream is the wave
of the apocalyptic future.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built xj ( o   \[][][][][][][]/  o ) hid wj
Sunday, May 06, 2007 7:43 PM
urban wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:

As usual, I disagree with GAM. Consider global warming as my prime argument.
People will be forced to drive less (higher gas prices), and they will sweat
more (more heat waves). Translation. cold, delicious ice cream is the wave
of the apocalyptic future.

hahahahahahahahahhaha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search