Pros and Cons? I need some opinions... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pros and Cons? I need some opinions...
Sunday, April 29, 2007 7:07 AM
I'm thinking about getting a new car by the end of the month. I've been thinking about getting either a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T, or a Pontiac GTO preferrably a 2006 but seems like the only ones I could find within my rage are 2004 models for the GTO, where as the Charger with a 5.7 Hemi can be had for around the low $20k range if you keep an eye out for them. I looking to get some opinions from other people about these especially since I know there are a few GTO owners here on the ORG. I'd like to know the pros and cons of both of these so I can compare the two. I want to know what everyone thinks about the two from the performance to the looks of these two and compare them. My house is selling this month and I'm getting married this coming weekend on May 5th. I'm looking to hop in a new car before the "lock-down" effect hits. I wanna know which is faster, handles better, most reliable, most convienient, has better interior/exterior, more performance/styling options, etc...

My Fquick Page

Re: Pros and Cons? I need some opinions...
Sunday, April 29, 2007 9:48 AM
First, congrats on tying the knot.
You can get a 05 GTO for the low 20s. An 04 GTO should be high teens.
GTO is faster, handles better, more performance support. The convenience and looks will depend on your opinion.
Charger has 4 doors vs. the 2 door GTO which some people consider an inconvenience. I personally plan on doing the rear seat delete to my car.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.767@109.93
Sunday, April 29, 2007 3:59 PM
Thanks, lol. I'm just glad that the wedding is gonna be over with soon, lol. I'm kind of leaning towards the R/T just because the 4 doors will be more convenient when we have kids. Plus the car still has a decent ammount of power. But to be honest I HATE sedans... It takes a lot of the sportiness away from the vehical. Plus you lose a lot of the cockpit feel that you get when you drive a coupe. Plus I would prefer to get the car that has more power and better handling as opposed to a glorified "grocery-getter." Plus I'm a Pontiac fan and always will be. I kinda like the looks of the Charger better than the GTO, but once again the 4 doors suck. The GTO's looks decent but not as aggressive as the Charger. How much of a pain is it if you have to put a child seat in the back, because that is one thing I will have to take into consideration. But if the GTO is way better than the Charger I wouldn't mind dealing with folding the front seats forward to get kids in and out of it. Between the two of us I have a 2003 Sunfire, a 1989 S-15, and she has a 2002 Grand-am 4 door that she is planning on trading in for a Buick Rendezvous, so she'll have plenty of room for kids in that. I just want to make sure I can carry a child or two in the back. How much faster is the 2004/2005 GTO over the Charger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi? I basically want a bad-ass looking car that can carry kids around when I absolutely have to use my car but still melt the tires off the wheels when I'm driving around by myself. I've been racking my mind all weekend thinking about this...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, April 29, 2007 4:11 PM

My Fquick Page

Monday, April 30, 2007 3:56 AM
check out www.ls2gto.com for more info and opinions on the GTO.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.767@109.93
Tuesday, May 01, 2007 3:16 PM
i love charger r/t's i used to work at a dodge dealer and the r/t is a freakin blast to drive. the iterior is setup extremely nice and comfortable. a buddy of mine has an 05 gto and that is a very powerfull car, just dosent seem to have the luxuries that the charger dose. personally i would go with the charger over the goat.

Member of J-body of Michigan.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search