1993 Mazda MX-6 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1993 Mazda MX-6
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:42 PM
Hello Everyone,

I posted about my mazda in the wrong forums so i'll post here and see if I can get help, Would it be worth putting the turbo + headers on this car? I think it has the 16 valve 4 cylinder engine in it right now, A guy posted about putting a KLZE engine in the car and it would be a raw vechicle and would haul butt Im just curious on how fast the car is right now and how much horsepower it has, I know it has the FORD motor in it right now and says 16 valve. Im wanting to make it a sleeper car and mess around with some
peeps that are sitting in the red lights rivving their cars up beside my cavy A friend told me that the mazda MX-6 is a raw car with just the factory motor in it right now, It has 134k miles and registered 140mph. Please give me any feedback you can, I looked on ebay and the turbo intercooler is going to cost me around $780 + the racing headers about $290, Just trying to figure out if its really worth this or just do an engine swap with the KLZE to race some people and have a raw vehicle to smoke them

Re: 1993 Mazda MX-6
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:46 PM
i still say to go with the KLZE.. its not the same engine as the amercian 6 cyl in mazdas/ford... its the japanese version. My bro is putting down about 180hp to the wheels on a stock KLZE engine. I dont know exactly how much power the 4 cyl has, but trust me, its slow, especially in the automatic.......

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:59 PM
check out thread in the Exterior Forum on removing dents,shows a few cool ways,could help with that dent you said you have

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:00 PM
Thats nice orlandomon 180hp he must be melting the tires off the mazda does your brother have the 5 speed or automatic mazda mx-6? I have another question, If I do the KLZE engine swap should I go with the intercooler/turbo + headers ? I dont really know much about the turbo/headers but im definately wanting to keep it a sleeper car if its worth it since its an automatic and race a few people that act like they have bad rides that are just regular stock cars.
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:46 PM
no his is manual..... you are going to need a new transmission anyway, the 4 cylinder transmission will not work with the 6 cylinder transmission, so might as well turn it into a manual car while ur at it

Thursday, April 05, 2007 2:01 AM
aww so what exactly do I need to do? do you think it would be alright do buy the KLZE engine off ebay? I would most likely have to buy the transmission there also, Also one more thing, How mean would the car be with the KLZE engine swap + intercooler/turbo & racing headers? Just give me some examples of what cars I could outrun pretty easy Thank You Everyone!
Thursday, April 05, 2007 9:29 AM
you could easily out run a cavalier
Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:53 AM
lol yea cavalier is out of the question! lol

well my bro bought his engine out of ebay, he already has the tranny, since his original engine was the american v6.
with a KLZE stock, u can out run every non-boosted 4 cylinder car out there. thats a given since u have 2 extra cylinders...

so civics/integras/cavaliers/eclipses/neons/etc.....

u should be abvle to take a cobalt supercharged once u get the hang of it and know how to drive it. I know my bro always takes those at the track, the stage 2 cobalts do beat him though.

RSX type s do give him a hard time.... I would say it;s a driver's race, but he always loses to those though, only by les than a car length though.

and dont mess with srt4's or sti's, theyll eat u alive. now if u boost it..... im sure you can probably give these cars a run for their money.... other than tat I dont know how much faster you would be with a turbo...

Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:06 AM
Orlandomon wrote:lol yea cavalier is out of the question! lol

well my bro bought his engine out of ebay, he already has the tranny, since his original engine was the american v6.
with a KLZE stock, u can out run every non-boosted 4 cylinder car out there. thats a given since u have 2 extra cylinders...

Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:23 AM
I doubt that statement as well.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.767@109.93
Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:31 AM
hmm 180whp on a car this size:

I dont see why there would be any doubt? unless im missing something here, or theres some 4 cyl car I haven't heard of that comes with like 200 hp stock... non- boosted

Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:34 AM
Lets see the cobalt SS/Sc
The Neon SRT-4
what does the mazda speed 3 have?
s2k
etc

Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:39 AM
heres a couple of his runs...

h22 prelude:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcbLjcg_faM

v6 tiburon (crappy launch, but still won)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0d3bry9fHY

newer civic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig_BRfqYjWA

rx8: (not a very clear video, but the rx8 blows anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teTv0exWKLw

Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:40 AM
i said non-boosted.......... hes never raced an s2k...so I dont know about that..

hes raced a couple of cobalt ss/sc and beat em... ill try and get a video when we go to the track this sunday

Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:52 AM
I missed the non boosted part.
Stock N/A cars sure he can probably beat, but once they do some mods the RSX-s I am sure they will give him a good run for his money.
H22 ludes are slow as well as most v6 tibs.

When it comes to the track and cars are comparible in performance its usually the driver who wins/loses not the hp# of the car/

Thursday, April 05, 2007 12:39 PM
why did you show a picture of a mx-3?

show a probe gt, because a V6 mx-6 is just that....

Thursday, April 05, 2007 1:14 PM
well its the exact same engine.....

Thursday, April 05, 2007 8:05 PM
thats kinda like saying a 3400 swap cav is the same as a grand am gt.....because "well its the exact same engine....."

so is a ek hatch with a k20 the same as a tsx right?.... Next time think about about what youre typing.

Thursday, April 05, 2007 8:33 PM
mx3: curb weight - 2443

mx6 curb weight - 2625

try doing some research first, theres not much of a difference, (about 150 lbs, that is not gonna make u that much slower, maybe .2 or .3 seconds)

so regardless, the best bet is still the KLZE engine. if he wants turbo, he can still turbo that and be alot faster

Friday, April 06, 2007 9:28 AM
If you think a KLZE swaped mx-3 would only be .3 slower in the quater than a mtx KLZE mx-6 you're smoking some nice stuff.

Saturday, April 07, 2007 1:11 AM
Guys dont get into an flaming thread here I was just trying to get some examples of what I could do with my Mazda MX-6 compared to some @!#$s with a 4 cylinder and rivving their motors up beside me in my stock 1996 cavalier, I will post some pictures soon of my car it has a body kit and stuff on it and yeah its alright with the speed but there ar elots of cars that could eat it alive cause its fully stock unless previous owner done some mods to the motor that I dont know of. I just want to fix my mazda up to make it a sleeper and people think its a piece of @!#$ when they pull up beside me in the red lights and I kick it down and smoke their ass leave them sitting and they are going to be like OMG! what the heck was that. I would assume you all know what im talking about some peeps down here think they have the fastest cars alive cause they do a little mods to them, Im not even talking about motor work either im talking about all outside work and stuff and exaust etc...
I know a few guys that has a few mods that drive a honda civic and hatch honda civic that rev's up beside me all the time in my cavalier, I will soon show them cause I dont care if I have to put $3k in the engine just to prove a point. How fast is the Mazda MX-6 fully stock with the KLZE v-6 engine right now? I think its a v-6 then again if im not mistaken I havent looked at it in awhile cause I dont have it here right now it said ford on top of the motor and if im not mistaken 16 valve, I really dont know much about engines and stuff but im trying to get into it. All I know is its registered 140mph and that seemed fast to me when I looked at it and the guy said that he drove it one time and could latch you back in the seat at 60mph so I was like yeah has to be somewhat fast Well thank you all for the posts keep them coming, Im learning haha sorry about the long post.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search