79 cadillac eldorado - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
79 cadillac eldorado
Sunday, April 01, 2007 5:29 PM
well today i decided to drive to my parents house and work on the cvadillac.my father came out we put the tire and rim we had of back on.well this old girl is all original and only has 35000 on the clock.we are the third owners and the she has yet to drive in snow or rain.
well winter storage this year was hard on her.when i got there today i was horrified to see a squirrel had gotten into my car.
there were half eaten berries everywhere and the headliner was chewed up and sagging.this completely ruined my day.but i soon realized this was the extent of the damage so it got better.the headliner is and easy fix and the beries can be cleaned up with a shop vac.we checked the seats and wiring and no damage ewas done(thank god)
so at least it's not that bad could have deff been worse.with a little tlc this girl should be cruising the coast again soon like intendedi'll get pics when i can and keep yas updated

Re: 79 cadillac eldorado
Sunday, April 01, 2007 11:58 PM
kewl

i fixed my throttle today. and am getting ready to mount my spotlight

Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:16 PM
well here are some pics of my caddy.mind u it looks much worse in the pics.it needs a hood and the patches on the quarter were just temp to keep squirrels out.(which turned out to be unsuccesful).the interior is a mess from squirrel berries and my dad stored his garden hose in it all winter.the headliner has completely from squirrels running in it but that is the only damage just needs a real good cleaning.with only 35000 on it it is well worth puttin money into.350 olds and fwd should be fun.runs like new already had her running a moving and was hoping to go for a spin but it snowed again.(it was all gone)never been drivin ij rain or snow this thing is a beauty up close esp for a 79 u gotta remeber i live in pei canada right in the rust belt .anyway on to the pics

u can see my 1941 buick in it's disassenbly stage in the backround.i'll post progress on both when works starts again.which will be when the snow leaves.for more pics of my buick see my other post.hopefully this caddy will be done this year.havin trouble finding parts like a new vinyl top.anyway i'll keep ya posted

heres the link to my 1941 buick progress thread
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=154311&t=152622#154311

Friday, April 13, 2007 8:42 PM
snowed mor today theres like 2-3 feet of the white stuf so that really slows any progress down darn it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search