300zx? Anyone with experience? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
300zx? Anyone with experience?
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 9:00 PM
Hey, im in the market for a new car, im likeing the 240 or 300zx, i can get a twinturbo 300zx for $10-11,000, 30k miles etc.. Im just wondering how strong are the engines in properly maintained? How many miles are possible to get out of it? Im new to the turbo thing, I know its not gunna be cheap to replace, but provided i dont beat them to @!#$, how long can i expect to get out of them before they might need replacing?

Re: 300zx? Anyone with experience?
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 9:40 PM
my buddy has one that runs pretty strong, he bought it for around 9k i believe, the guy before him blew the motor so it has the jdm VG30TT or whatever it is.

fyi, have u ever seen under the hood and looked at the engine bay... there is ZERO room. id hope that there is never a need to replace a part. might want to get an insurence quote on that kind of car too.

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:29 AM
John H [CavalierKid wrote:]my buddy has one that runs pretty strong, he bought it for around 9k i believe, the guy before him blew the motor so it has the jdm VG30TT or whatever it is.

fyi, have u ever seen under the hood and looked at the engine bay... there is ZERO room. id hope that there is never a need to replace a part. might want to get an insurence quote on that kind of car too.

We had one at my work a few months ago. A black twin-turbo and everything. The engine bay was ridiculous, lol. You pop the hood and you stare blankly wondering where anything you'd want to bolt on, would go, lol Insurance for someone under 25 wouldn't be cheap either. The twin turbo version of that car is around 300hp as far as I know.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007 1:05 PM
We did a dual exhaust on one at our shop...

.... That rear Chassis also fits nicely under a 96 grand prix GT

Wonder what thats for??

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 2:01 PM
Big, big, thumbs down.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 2:55 PM
Hmm guess im not ready for a car like this yet lol, I think ill wait for turbo'd car, the cost for a replacement would bankrupt me with how little i make :S I need more options :S
Wednesday, March 14, 2007 4:24 PM
here's a good forum: 300zxclub

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:30 PM
total nightmares for repairs under the hood.

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:12 PM
my cousin has a 90 240 sx and it's had serious frame problems.seem like whenever you really give er she breaks the frame.he was driftin in a parking lot and broke the rear frame like 6 times.and anpther time the whole front strut tower ripped out of the car.but this thing is fun as hell to drive.but most of those problems are his fault for rippin it so hard so if ya drive it right it should be ok

Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:42 AM
trevor mullins wrote:my cousin has a 90 240 sx and it's had serious frame problems.seem like whenever you really give er she breaks the frame.he was driftin in a parking lot and broke the rear frame like 6 times.and anpther time the whole front strut tower ripped out of the car.

You'd figure after the first time he'd either stop drifting, or get some decent mods so his car can properly drift so things like this don't happen . . .
Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:57 AM
Exodus 259 wrote:
trevor mullins wrote:my cousin has a 90 240 sx and it's had serious frame problems.seem like whenever you really give er she breaks the frame.he was driftin in a parking lot and broke the rear frame like 6 times.and anpther time the whole front strut tower ripped out of the car.

You'd figure after the first time he'd either stop drifting, or get some decent mods so his car can properly drift so things like this don't happen . . .

x2 if you keep doing something and the same thing breaks, maybe stop doing it or reinforce it so it stops breaking.

Best quarter mile to date - 15.750 @ 85.82
"We ride together, we die together. Bad Boys for life"

Nimbus 9, some friends of my that rock! Click and experience them for yourself

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search