Looks like Chrysler's in trouble - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Looks like Chrysler's in trouble
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 5:38 PM
I cant say i didnt see this comming.

I have been stung with reliability problems and repair costs involved with owning entry to mid level vehicles from both GM and Chrysler.

I dont plan to ever buy from GM again. ( 2.4L headgasket failure - 3 times, 2.4L oil pump failure twice, Alero 3.4L LIM failure just to name a few, all those resulted in rebuilds, one i had to pay for myself)

Chrylser i would prefer not to buy from either. (had notorious paint flaking, 2 failed A-604 trannies) Both of these companies lack build quality but are loaded with cost saving shortcuts. And the depreciation is unreal.

these companies dug their own graves IMO

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 5:42 PM
I guess you aren't familiar with the fact that GM isn't hurting quite as bad as they were two years ago.
Also, there are reliablility issues w/ all auto companies at times.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.767@109.93
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 6:17 PM
^^^^
isn't that kind of a lame ass comebeack these days though? Not to flame you Sappy, it's not personal. But it seems everyone wants ot try and knock down the good companies to try and soften the blow of how awful owning a domestic car is.

seriously they may be vastly improved but still no domestic car can touch imports in build quality, materials. and just generaly a far superior reliability rate. numbers don't lie. For every one recall Honda or Toyota has, Detroit has 3. It shouldn't be "issues with all" that's an untrue statement. Rather a more educated and well informed opinion would be, "Hey at least the Big 3 are at least trying now". and it would be both positive and 100% true.

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 6:57 PM
What comeback?
I am just saying that GM has been doing better.
Btw just because your domestic car was awful doesn't mean mine is.

You second paragrph is a bunch a bs. Lately the recall amounts have been almost even over that past few years. I don't know what numbers you are using.

And just a FYI there is no big three anymore. Its only 2.5 since daimler owns majority shares of chrysler.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:31 PM

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.767@109.93
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 7:40 PM
Sappy96 wrote:
You second paragrph is a bunch a bs. Lately the recall amounts have been almost even over that past few years.

It maybe true to a degree.
But take a read here.
http://www.forbes.com/home/vehicles/2007/02/16/vehicle-recall-safety-forbeslife-cx_dl_0219recall.html

And although some domestics are improving, many stats still shows that imports are still better in reliability.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:06 PM
Eh, I've had two domestics, and now an import. The import has been slightly better in terms of reliability and build quality, but not to justify the higher price. My next car will most likely be domestic again. If I'm going to have problems, I might as well at least pay less for them.

-John

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:57 AM
The problem with those "best car" lists is that they don't judge what I feel makes a good car.

There's initial quality and then there's overall reliability. All of those lists judge cars by Initial Quality, which means that they judge a car for smoothness, quiet rides, lack of rattles, that kjnd of thing. Technically speaking, a military Hummvee would end up at the bottom of the list in those tests, yet it's made to last 20 years of hard driving.

Now what would you choose, one of those Hyundais that keeps making those best lists, or the Hummvee?

Personally, I'd rather have a few rattles and a growly engine than a car that smoothly needs to be towed back to the dealership all the time.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 1:17 PM
Knoxfire wrote:The problem with those "best car" lists is that they don't judge what I feel makes a good car.

There's initial quality and then there's overall reliability. All of those lists judge cars by Initial Quality, which means that they judge a car for smoothness, quiet rides, lack of rattles, that kjnd of thing. Technically speaking, a military Hummvee would end up at the bottom of the list in those tests, yet it's made to last 20 years of hard driving.

Now what would you choose, one of those Hyundais that keeps making those best lists, or the Hummvee?

Personally, I'd rather have a few rattles and a growly engine than a car that smoothly needs to be towed back to the dealership all the time.

this is possibly the dumbest @!#$ post ever

Sunday, March 18, 2007 5:19 PM
I've never been a fan of Benz owning Chrysler. If GM were to buy them at least it would be all American again.

New Yeller
Rice is nice,but where's the BEEF!
02lssport.jpg
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search