pics and current specs on my Mustang.... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pics and current specs on my Mustang....
Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:33 AM
exterior/interior- mach1 grill delete, roush bumper lip, 18x9 18x10 black deep dish bullitts, 03/04 cobra rear bumper, black rear trunk panel, 2001 cobra tails, tint (might go wingles till cobra spoiler) painted cd trim piece body color, pleather racing seats

suspension/brakes- eibach pro kit, BBK strut brace, Full length weld in sub frames (sitting in garage still), kyb gr2 struts (sitting at a friends house), cobra/brembro bigger brake kit (sitting at a friends house waiting till brakes need replaced to install)

audio-pioneer premier deck, pioneer 250 watt speakers, pheonix gold 80 watt mono, 13.5 inch jl w6 version 2.

PERFORMANCE- bbk CAI, BBK pulleys, FORD racing stainless headers (sitting on shelf in garage still), B&M adjustable short throw w/ hurst white ball knob, BBK catted high flow x pipe, flowmaster american thunder with stock tips, motive 4.10 gears out back.

track times?- not yet...once the cams are in and its tuned i should be running low low low low low 13s with full interior. and should have 300 hpr at wheels and around 320-340 foot lbs of torque....

future-- stage 3 roush front bumper with 03 04 cobra hood and skirts. possibly gt400 arthracite deep dish wheels, interior- maybe white faces with aluminum trim rings, rear seat delete, performance- gt40 heads, new pistons and stuff... and a kenne bell that will put me at 500-600 at the wheels. (depending if i build it rock solid or just stronger than stock parts. when i hot over 500, its getting a t56 trans (6 speed from vipers/cobras/ z06

and below is why you always remember to pull your ebrake--- cause you just might not have your car totally in gear...

dreams are useless if you do not possess the abilties required to make them your reality.
BetterFasterMore.

Re: pics and current specs on my Mustang....
Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:35 AM
edit-- the amp is 80, not 80 watt...sorry.

dreams are useless if you do not possess the abilties required to make them your reality.
BetterFasterMore.
Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:43 AM
Not a fan of Mustangs, but that center console is clean.

Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:46 AM
i HATED them till i bought one... lol...

yeah... there is one part in the corner by the shifter that eas over masked but oh well..it was done by a body shop.... well, a guy that works at a body shop... he also did my front lip..and his shop did my rear bumper paint and quarter panel repair. that damage in the last pic cost me 1450 dollars... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha.. at least i got a sexier bumper and sexier tails out of it... (smacks head on wall)

BetterFasterMore.
Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:30 AM
get a supercharger so you can keep the cobra bumper. otherr than that its a nice lookin stang. myfriend is a huge ford guy and thats the first thing he jumped on... no SC no cobra. ill agree but seems like you have some nice plans for it.
Thursday, March 08, 2007 10:10 AM
It looks good, but I persoanlly HATE it when people put the "cobra" bumper on their normal mustang. Atleast get the wheels and the supercharger to go with your cobra package.

dan

Thursday, March 08, 2007 11:19 AM
yeah wel have you ever seen what happens a year after you have it filed if you live in ohio???? it cracks... and its silver so no matter what you do, in person you can still see the outline.. the people at the shop are mostly mustang guys and heavily advised against having it filled in.... if the bumper were available in urethane with out the lettering, it would be on the car...

i actually dont get any flak from real cobra owners on it at all.... i didnt put cobra badges on it, so its all good.... as far as getting cobra wheels--- why?. lol...

my disclaimer about the charger- i wasn't going to put the bumper on till i did have the car boosted or powerplan swapped... but i happened to not put my ebrake and it rolled into a garage... i wasn't gonna spend that much money to have it look the same.. lol...

in the mustang crowd, its okay as long as you dont put badges on it that are false advertising, its okay..

i figured i would get some static from it... but i understand....

BetterFasterMore.
Thursday, March 08, 2007 11:31 AM
I suppose if you don't get any @!#$ from the cobra owners that is all that maters. I guess its just a pet peeve of mine. About the supercharger, I don't think I would go with that ... I changed my mind and id kinda rather see it have a turbo than a charger. As long as you are happy with it, I can't complain Another thing came to mind, you might want to look at getting the svt lightning seats out of a totaled lightning. That would be pretty sweet and defiantly original.

dan

Thursday, March 08, 2007 12:14 PM
i have racing seats i am very happy with.. if i change them it will only be for the Grey suede inserts with charcoal leather racing seats that were special order only... cost about 2 grand and worth every penny...

as far as boost goes-- a kenne bell set up will satisfy my greatly.. if i wanted to get 600-1000 hpr i would do a twin turbo set up, but then i need a built trans, entirely new suspension, bullet proof rear end... for extra cost i could have a v12 bmw.. i don't care to go THAT balls out...

if i took anything out of a lightning, it would be the 5.4 liter with s/c. screw the seats.

BetterFasterMore.
Thursday, March 08, 2007 1:39 PM
You might as well get the whole cobra motor instead of just boosting the one you have..\

I was wondering how would be in low low 13s as well. I have seen non s/c cobras w/ every bolt on and cams run low low 13s.

O well, good luck w/ it.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.767@109.93
Thursday, March 08, 2007 1:54 PM
Nice car.

'02 S-10 ZR-2 & '89 Mustang LX Hatch

Thursday, March 08, 2007 1:59 PM
And cams? Then they suck at driving. They should be solid in the 12's.

For josh though.... I'd guess mid 13's. Depends alot on the tires and his driving ability.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe Im just pissed, pissed that my freinds are spineless, What else would you
call abandoment some night, when you're in a fight, and they could make things right?
Spineless. I miss some of my old friends, the ones who you could count on,
bet a huge amount on, the fact that they'd always have your back... Its like a kick in
the sack, just knowing, you've got nothing to fall back on. @!#$ this, Im done.
Thursday, March 08, 2007 3:08 PM
Their traps seemed to match so I doubt it was the driver. Track maybe.

Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:51 PM
Yeah.... That's about it... Its all about the driver. A lot also has to do with the rear gears too... Most people go with 3.73s out back too. If you have a highly modified cobra (boost or no) and you are still in the 13s, you need to find someone else to drive. Lol. I know some drivers with less I have now but run 13.6 or 13.7 just cause they are amazing drivers. The problem with cobras is that it really never ment a huge difference until 2003. Lol.

And a lot of people still are so jaded they are unaware that an 04 gt stock will beat a 99 cobra stock...... There's a lot more that goes into a car that makes things different..... As far as the 03 04 powertrain swap instead of just boosting my motor---- cost and time. I won't be paying 5 grand for my blower. Ill be paying no more than 2 grand and will eat a stock terminator alive. And will have cost A LOT less. (But I won't have the sweet IRS for cornering) t

-- there is a chance I may decide to buy a 5.4 liter or a cobra motor at some point, but it won't be going into this pig. Its going into something that will weigh a thousand pounds less.....muh ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

At the end of the day, I started out with more than what most people end up with once they finish their cars. And probably will end up spending about the same.. Lol...

BetterFasterMore.
Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:54 PM
Yeah.... That's about it... Its all about the driver. A lot also has to do with the rear gears too... Most people go with 3.73s out back too. If you have a highly modified cobra (boost or no) and you are still in the 13s, you need to find someone else to drive. Lol. I know some drivers with less I have now but run 13.6 or 13.7 just cause they are amazing drivers. The problem with cobras is that it really never ment a huge difference until 2003. Lol.

And a lot of people still are so jaded they are unaware that an 04 gt stock will beat a 99 cobra stock...... There's a lot more that goes into a car that makes things different..... As far as the 03 04 powertrain swap instead of just boosting my motor---- cost and time. I won't be paying 5 grand for my blower. Ill be paying no more than 2 grand and will eat a stock terminator alive. And will have cost A LOT less. (But I won't have the sweet IRS for cornering) t

-- there is a chance I may decide to buy a 5.4 liter or a cobra motor at some point, but it won't be going into this pig. Its going into something that will weigh a thousand pounds less.....muh ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

At the end of the day, I started out with more than what most people end up with once they finish their cars. And probably will end up spending about the same.. Lol...

BetterFasterMore.
Thursday, March 08, 2007 11:03 PM
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE tis not a cobra....dummy

Friday, March 09, 2007 2:54 AM
Gimmie your tail lights and rims....lol. Looks good.

Still not lowered...
Friday, March 09, 2007 2:04 PM
i still think its slow, and i still hate that you bought a mustang, and i still think you should grow a mullet, but i smile everytime you romp on it.. so well you know.. i guess its not that bad

haha see ya tomorrow bud..

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Friday, March 09, 2007 6:06 PM
looks good but im not feeling that front end. Rear looks sick though!

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:20 AM
i dont mind getting hated by a goat owner..... yeah i like the roush stage 3 front a lot more,... i bought the lip cause it was really realy cheap... in person its a little nicer...

brooks- go finish putting your sunflower back together before i do more stuff to my car...soon you wont have a snow bals chance in hell... try to beat the mustang while its still n/a.. lol

BetterFasterMore.
Saturday, March 10, 2007 1:38 PM
No hate.
I doubt you will hit low 13s the first time at the track tho.
Last night I saw another new mustang, this time w/ a procharger. He only ran once but still, a 14.6. Fastest s/c 05+ stang I have seen run ran a 13.1 when he raced me and my time was still better w/ basic bolt ons.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 2:24 PM
Acording to this car and driver car and driver in the standing 1/4mile they run 13.8 seconds at 102mph. So, I would assume that it very well could run low 13s. It depends on the altitude at the track though.

dan

Saturday, March 10, 2007 7:24 PM
its all driver..... i should corect myself- the car will run low 13s... not me.. my buddy thats a total machine will be driving it.. if its up to me driving ill stil be at the tree after 30 seconds ! ha!

star-- ill sell the wheels to ya next spring...

BetterFasterMore.
Saturday, March 10, 2007 7:57 PM
go get your tips fixed.. LOL

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:27 PM
my tits? lol.... ... how about you put your car back together.... lol.. or sell it and boost the caddy..... sisly... sorry about putting you though hell today.

BetterFasterMore.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search