need 350z help - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need 350z help
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 1:56 PM
hey i need help from anyone that has looked at 350z's. im gonna buy one in probably a month or two and just want to know what options and junk dealers can get in them. can you get dvd's in them? and if so does it have to be a particular model? i would love to get a brand new silver one with grey or black clothe interior, 6 speed, and tinted. then i just want to lower it, put some nice rims on it, and put a system in. and anyone know of any nice looking lip kits for them? i would like to find a place selling them the same color as car. cause i hate down time so basically i will probably have all the mods before i even buy the car so i can go home and install it all lol.

Re: need 350z help
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 8:17 PM
i work for nissan........ yes you can get navi in the new 07 models........ and to get the lip kit, depending which dealer you go to you can find the Nismo lip kit which is very nice but $$$$$$$$$

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:07 PM
Quote:

i just want to lower it

Maybe it's just becuase I live in New England and need some ground clearance, but I laugh everytime I hear that about a Z. The car is already so low, Nissan had to redesign and rebuild all their ramps for loading and unloading this car for shipment!!

-John

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:37 PM
http://build.nissanusa.com/configurator/app

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:17 PM
Stillen also offers them when i was a parts manager i had a account through them and i could get them for dirt cheap and the fitment is great i got a bumper for a guy with a z and it had NO custom stuff that needed to be done to it at all for it to be installed.

2003 SE-R SPEC V
Custom turbo kit with a t66 turbo @ 15psi, Apexi safc2, custom side exit exhuast, JWT cams, JWT bsr, inovate wideband system, CP 8:5/1 pistons, carrillo rods, comp clutch stage 4, hks catch can, 10k hids. And more to come
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 3:42 AM
my350z.com

Research as much as possible...

When I thought i was going to buy one, all my free time went to reading that site. There is a ton of good info.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 4:53 AM
^^ yup

whenever your thinking about buying a new car. go to a forum and read as much as possible on the car.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 6:51 AM
I would personally go with the Lexus SC430 or the Infinity G35, if I had a choice. The 350z's are damn good though. Just drive all of them and see which one you like best.

dan

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 7:24 AM
stick w/ the 350z or g35. the lexus is about 20,000 more on average

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 7:49 AM
Arn't there reliability issues with the v6 in the 350, or have those since been resolved?

Personally I'd get the G35.

-Chris

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 8:19 AM
IamRascal wrote:Arn't there reliability issues with the v6 in the 350, or have those since been resolved?

Personally I'd get the G35.

my friend clay has one, and he has yet to have an issue. The motors are suspicious when boosted...but nothing a good tune can't fix. I think the new 07's have a different motor and more hp...may wanna look into that. It's still the VQ35 in the new car, but the last 2 letters are different. Like I said, you'd have to look it up.

The new ones have a VERY sweet 18" wheel that is just sick IMO. If you get the 5 spoke polished wheels....and don't want them...do let me know, they're likely sold haha. You can get nav and all that good @!#$. If you wanna race it...get the track model (not sure they're still produced, would probably have to go used on this model) and get brembo brake upgrades

Lip kits...there are a ton...best looking for a reasonable price is probably the INGS+1, or the Greddy kit. Those cars look sick dropped on a deep dish 19-20 with a lip kit.

G35s are nice, but heavier. So if performance is your game, stick to the Z, but if practicality is more important, and you can afford the extra coin...the G's are nice

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 11:57 AM
StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote:stick w/ the 350z or g35. the lexus is about 20,000 more on average

I'm 6'2" and I fit in the sc430 just perfect with room to spare, I had a hard time fit in the 350z though. I have yet to fit in the g35 though. Also, the sc430 has luxury with a sence of speed to it with alot of room to spare. Or hey ... why not a different body style of the sc430?

dan

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 4:12 PM
cool thanks guys. this car will not be raced whatsoever, there is no need to even play with it. no boost nothing. may just do an exhaust if i want a different sound. i dont really like the look of the g35 as much. and i drove a few friends 350's and i fit just fine in them and im 6'2 also, but i kinda like the snug feel of cars so thats probably why i liked it lol.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 7:13 PM
I wouldnt drop a 350z. At the Nissan dealer i worked at we would always have trouble with any Z that was lowered and had to go on a lift or especially an alignment rack.

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 8:22 PM
Drew K wrote:I wouldnt drop a 350z. At the Nissan dealer i worked at we would always have trouble with any Z that was lowered and had to go on a lift or especially an alignment rack.

clay lowered his on tein s techs...hasn't had a problem....drives the car like he did before

Thursday, March 08, 2007 5:56 AM
wow their prices shot up!

I remember pricing a 350z about a year ago and I was just cresting 32,000 with the track edition now I will surpass 40k... ouch

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, March 09, 2007 4:57 PM
It might help a lot to register at some Nissan forums, they could help by telling you what to look for more than a J-body site could do, try these two,

1. NICO - Nissan Infiniti Car owners - http://www.nicoclub.com/

2. Fresh Alloy - All Datsun/Nissan/Infiniti forums - http://www.freshalloy.com/site/home.asp

If you go to the Fresh Alloy site, look at Eagle 1's Twin Turbo G35, it and all the other JWT turbo machines are absolute monsters!
Friday, March 09, 2007 9:28 PM
i own a 350z. Instead of asking here, just go to www.my350z.com and ask away. I did that a year before i bought my Z. got a wealth of info before i bought it. Awesome car

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search