Help!! New clutch issues!! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help!! New clutch issues!!
Sunday, October 22, 2006 7:43 AM
Ok, well I am working on my friends Mustang right now. It is a 95 with the 3.8L V6. I put everything in and if I take off the cover for the clutch cable (it's cable drien, not hydraulic) it looks like everything is workng the way it should be. When the car is not running I can shift through all the gears. But when I start it it won't go into 1st or reverse. If I put it in gear, push the clutch in and start it I can drive and shift through the gears, but not back down to 1. When driving it is still a little harder to shift through the gears than it should be, but it does shift. I have replaced the pilot bearing, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!! I need this ar out of my garage and I have run out of ideas. Thank you in advance.

Re: Help!! New clutch issues!!
Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:33 AM
Clutch cable sounds like it needs to be replaced or adjusted. It's not fully disengaging the clutch.

O noes!
Re: Help!! New clutch issues!!
Sunday, October 22, 2006 4:36 PM
Thats what i thought at first too because the old one was kind of stretched, so I put a brand new one on and it is adjusted as tight as it will go, which is exactly where it should be. It disengages and engages when driving down the road exactly where it should so I dont think that is part of the issue. Thank ou though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search