Power windows in a mustang - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Power windows in a mustang
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:11 PM
My mother has a 1998 Mustang GT convertable. Recently the passenger window only works with the drivers switch. I replaced the switch on the passenger side, and it still does not work. I have a Haynes manual and I was looking at the wiring diagram in the back. To be honest, having difficulty reading it. Does anyone have an idea what I should look at next? Also, the window on the passenger side slowly stopped working over the span of the summer. It wasn't sudden. And the lock out switch on the drivers side is off. Thanks!

Re: Power windows in a mustang
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:23 PM
it may be the lock out switch is shorted or bad making it constantly on and thats why it only works with the drivers side switch

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:49 PM
I'll find out what that costs next then. If it's not much (like the swich) I'll just replace that and check that off.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 7:14 PM
If the lock out switch was faulty, if I disconnected the master switchs on the drivers side, the passenger side switch should work, correct? Or does it need the master switch to complete the circuit? Guess there is only one way to find out. I'll give that a shot this weekend and if anyone else has any ideas, feel free to post.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 7:40 PM
its may need the switch to complete the circuit
i dont think the lock out switch should be all that much
check a local junk yard

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:11 AM
Yeah, I've had this same problem with my Mustang. It's either the driver's side switch or the wire that runs between them that's been cut. Check your grounds too. Fords have notoriously bad electronics.
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 3:55 PM
That I know! 2 years ago (all the summer long) it would become possesed and flash all the dash lights and the head lamps and tail lamps would stop working. Since that summer it has never repeated Damn Fords!

Monday, September 11, 2006 3:24 PM
Took out the master to see if the passenger would work with out it. It didn't. Next step is to get a junkyard master switch and give that a try.

Monday, September 11, 2006 5:56 PM
www.50resto.com has complete motors & regulators if that's the case. Easier than drilling out rivets.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search