I got a new car!!! (PICS) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I got a new car!!! (PICS)
Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:40 PM
well, new to me. Im just about to graduate from school and my parents were nice enough to buy me a car!
Its a '96 Jeep Cherokee sport that just hit 100K. here's the pics. Questions, comments welcome.

Re: I got a new car!!! (PICS)
Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:59 PM
my friend has that same kind of jeep with about the same miles. that thing lives up to its name. shes hit everything you can think of with it dents everywhere lights hanging on it the motor knockes because she ran it with no oil for a long time. but it still starts right up and drives it around. she cant kill it. good luck with it there built like a tank.
Thursday, July 27, 2006 5:01 PM
I'm sorry....

My Car Domain
Thursday, July 27, 2006 5:09 PM
White Raven (Ryan L.) wrote:I'm sorry....

um...why?

Thursday, July 27, 2006 5:12 PM
jbody03eco wrote:my friend has that same kind of jeep with about the same miles. that thing lives up to its name. shes hit everything you can think of with it dents everywhere lights hanging on it the motor knockes because she ran it with no oil for a long time. but it still starts right up and drives it around. she cant kill it. good luck with it there built like a tank.

Sounds like it would be a good contender to the Chevy Celebrity. You can NOT break those things!

Nothing like a good beater truck to mess around with. I bet you will have a ton of fun with that thing. I would love to have something like that to just f-around in all the time. Enjoy!

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:07 PM
Actually its a really clean jeep and i need to make it last for a pretty long time. Its my only car so I'm gonna be taking really good care of it. Im thinking of painting the wheels black.....any thoughts?

Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:24 PM
ehh not that style..they def look better silver. However if you really want to, head over to Jeepforums.com and search for it. You will find directions on how to make it last...

Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:53 PM
Rosario wrote:ehh not that style..they def look better silver. However if you really want to, head over to Jeepforums.com and search for it. You will find directions on how to make it last...

I'll have to check that out. Its the first car ive had in about a year and a half, so i'm really excited

Thursday, July 27, 2006 7:18 PM
Looks to low......i suggest a lift.....maybe 6" or so? and some nice tires to go with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Thursday, July 27, 2006 7:21 PM
4.0 LITRE FOR THE WIN!!!!

most indestructible engine i ever encountered
the gas mileage, however, not that great

Thursday, July 27, 2006 7:33 PM
Str8edgez24 wrote:Looks to low......i suggest a lift.....maybe 6" or so? and some nice tires to go with it.

I agree with that! But im too poor to afford the lift and tires, let alone the drop in MPG that comes along with it

Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:40 PM
that thing is damn clean man
wish my mom would buy me a car

Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:01 PM
nice pick up, i would replace the steering wheel with a new one.

Best Time 15.917 at 86.86MPH

Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:46 PM
Actually that is pretty clean. I didn't get to see the pics on my work computer, so I just assumed. Looks like I mad an ass out of you and me.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:04 PM
themarin8r wrote:4.0 LITRE FOR THE WIN!!!!

most indestructible engine i ever encountered
the gas mileage, however, not that great

TRUE STORY!

sadly the rest of the truck with fall apart before that motor ever does. Alot of electrical problems with Jeeps, that's why Wranglers are the best Jeeps to have because they fore go all that power accesories (read: luxuries) B.S. and it's just that beautiful motor and the truck. they last forever.
But this looks amazingly clean so hopefully you'll have nothing but good luck and fun with it.

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Friday, July 28, 2006 12:17 AM
Nice i just picked up an 05 about 2 weeks ago.

Friday, July 28, 2006 4:22 AM
I know a couple jeeps with over 160K on them with better oil pressure than my cav at 22K! Those things last!

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Friday, July 28, 2006 4:53 AM
I had a 1990 jeep cherokee with 200K miles on it. That thing will last forever. You are going to have a lot of fun! Great pick up!

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Friday, July 28, 2006 7:19 AM
I've heard a lot of good things about the inline six, and that was definately a factor in deciding to buy it.

firstcar24 wrote:nice pick up, i would replace the steering wheel with a new one.

I was driving it yesterday and noticed really small little balls of rubber on my hand that was steering. The leather wrapping on the wheel is wearing down and kinda deteriorating, is that what you are talking about?

Saturday, July 29, 2006 9:04 AM
Looks nice and clean. I love the XJs.

Saturday, July 29, 2006 2:26 PM
cool beans. I've always liked those.

Saturday, July 29, 2006 2:41 PM
[quote=RaiLS
Sounds like it would be a good contender to the Chevy Celebrity. You can NOT break those things!

that is true. my mom had an 87 celebrity wagon that she bought brand new when i was 3 and she had it untill 99 i think. it had 340,000 miles on it and still ran/drove.

Thats a nice jeep you got there. good luck with it.

My other car is an interceptor.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search