The Next Hyundai Tiburon - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The Next Hyundai Tiburon
Monday, July 24, 2006 9:01 PM
Expect it to come out in Asia then Europe first as a 2007, then to N-A soon after.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: The Next Hyundai Tiburon
Monday, July 24, 2006 9:26 PM
Hmm its nice enough. I like the current version better though. Any word on technical advancements, or is it basically a freshening?

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Monday, July 24, 2006 9:27 PM
WTF? its the same thing we have now, except for some minor cosmetic changes! ....... It even looks as if you can convert ur older tib into a 07 model by just changing ur front end (bumper,hood,headlights,fenders).. and the rear end, bumper/tails... i dontk now about the trunk lid...

Monday, July 24, 2006 9:28 PM
almost reminds me of a mercury cougar

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Monday, July 24, 2006 9:38 PM
whatever i like it!
is it not called the tiburon anymore?
or is it called the Coupe elsewhere?

Monday, July 24, 2006 10:07 PM
It may not be the new Tibby..... I read somewhere that Hyndai is surpossed to be coming out with a legitiamte sports car in the near future. Kinda a way of saying they made it as company.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 12:00 AM
the front end is AWESOME

the side, bleh i like it, however i am disapointed in the loss of the "gills" makes the name tiburon have no reference. tiburon is a shark hence the gills that were on the side of the 03+ tibs.

overall tho it is a pretty large improvement even though they are mostly somewhat minor. executed excellently.

is the retractable hardtop ever ACTUALLY coming or did that TOTALLY get axed?

Creative Draft Art Media Forums
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 12:40 AM
how much do they go for? its a sweet lookin ride. plus a 10 year 100k warrenty.

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 1:08 AM
i don't like the front bumper, mirrors or the lack of the vents on the fenders... other than that, it's pretty hot.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 10:34 AM
I don't see how they could use that as their new "sports" car. It looks too much like the Tibby to pass it off as a new car.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:23 AM
extremefire wrote:I don't see how they could use that as their new "sports" car. It looks too much like the Tibby to pass it off as a new car.

The Tiburon is there sports car model you jackal.

Anyways this is supposely suppose to be the new tiburon.. Still a concept the release date was suppose to be 2007 on it.. If it does come out I'd assume 2008 2009 for this model..

The below model is suppose to be the new RWD version with a 3.8 under the hood putting out 260HP. Currently the concept has a supercharged 2.7 under the hood from the current version and is FWD.

Had to change sig because some dickhead is mad it went 1 letter over size

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:53 AM
that HCD-8 since i first saw it, has been one of my favorite concepts ever.

THEY MUST produce it. its amazing especially with the 3.8 in it.

Creative Draft Art Media Forums
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 12:20 PM
Um, that concept car was simply the most retarded looking car I have ever witnessed, Hyndai or whatever is a f-cking joke.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 2:04 PM
I find it hilarious for people to question this to be the next Tib. Just because a Free Press Business Writer wrote on a possibility on a halo car, found here means that this is not it because it is not RWD, etc. People, it is clear as day that this is the next Tib, Tuscany, Coupe whatever you want to call it. Hell, not to long ago there have been camouflage images floating of this same model as being the next Tib.

Now if that article holds true, the "Hyundai sport's" will be categorized as higher version then the Tib. Now there is a strong possibility the engine will come from the Sonata as they are all new and fit well. Expect same or more of power rating in the Tib. Sonata's power rating is as follows: 2.4L I4 162Hp/ 164Tq or a 3.3L V6 234hp/226Tq. As for pricing... nothing has been official yet, but it would be the neighborhood of the current model $16K-20K

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 6:35 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:I find it hilarious for people to question this to be the next Tib. Just because a Free Press Business Writer wrote on a possibility on a halo car, found here means that this is not it because it is not RWD, etc. People, it is clear as day that this is the next Tib, Tuscany, Coupe whatever you want to call it. Hell, not to long ago there have been camouflage images floating of this same model as being the next Tib.

Now if that article holds true, the "Hyundai sport's" will be categorized as higher version then the Tib. Now there is a strong possibility the engine will come from the Sonata as they are all new and fit well. Expect same or more of power rating in the Tib. Sonata's power rating is as follows: 2.4L I4 162Hp/ 164Tq or a 3.3L V6 234hp/226Tq. As for pricing... nothing has been official yet, but it would be the neighborhood of the current model $16K-20K

The concept currently isn't RWD as I stated it is FWD with the same 2.7 that is in the tiburon now.. The above version was suppose to be the new tiburon it is even all over the tiburon boards.. The thing with the design you posted above would be a vital mistake if they went with it.. The front styling is the same and goes back to the 2003 front bumper that they did away with in 2005 for the more agressive looking front bumper.. Headlight wise they moved the turn signals inwards instead of having them on the outer edge and also rounded the lights off more still the same lighting concept as the 03-05 versions. Side profile once again the same as the 03-05 except they did away with the gills/side vents which they should of just made functional.

The rear is the exact same they re-arranged lighting on the brake lights and put the ugly 4th brake light on there and lowered the sides of the rear bumper still the same design except now they replaced the center section with the ugly 4th brake light and instead of painted plastic unpainted. The stock exhaust looks more agressive thats about it..

Heres the photos of my 03 tib see if you can tell the difference.

Note below not much of a change in the rear.. No thats not a stock exhaust it's actually 2.5" with polished tips on the end no mufflers..

Below is a @!#$ty front shot my garage was closed.. Don't mind the rock chips on the front I live in AZ gravel trucks are pretty common on the freeway the hood also has little dents in it now too thanks to gravel trucks.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:04 PM
i dont like the guppy lip look on that new 1

either open it or close it

rest looks good for a freshing up

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:55 PM
you take the car in those pics and put the sonata engine in it, and that would prolly be the next car i would buy

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 9:22 PM
Ah they finally took those stupid gills off the side. ^^ I agree with 230hp I'd love to have this.
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:26 PM

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:27 PM
Quote:

Um, that concept car was simply the most retarded looking car I have ever witnessed, Hyndai or whatever is a f-cking joke.

I personnally like the current model better, but its still looks good.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:40 PM
The gills aren't bad... Specially on the 05 version.. It would be better though if they were functional though.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 12:12 AM
Project Crash Pattern wrote:

dude the only similarity there is where the headlights go into the body
the body lines are significantly different

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:39 AM
^^^ I agree.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:16 PM
that's not the next Tiburon. your a liar...you photoshopped those pics.

*haha
yeah right, um not.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 2:33 PM
not feeling the side or the rear but the front looks nice.. kinda looks like an evil smile going on...

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search