Any one here own a 2006 yamaha r6? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Any one here own a 2006 yamaha r6?
Monday, July 24, 2006 5:53 PM
Well just looking for any one with one.. just wondering how you like it... ahah im all ancy and cant sit still i pickup mine up on Friday... just looking for any good or bad things you have found on them.... also while your add it post a pic of yours if you want... i got black but even the blue is nice!

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno

Re: Any one here own a 2006 yamaha r6?
Monday, July 24, 2006 6:30 PM
tony cannon fodder has one but he only has like 13 miles on it cuz he's a vagina and won't ride it

Monday, July 24, 2006 6:31 PM
DropTopPaul wrote:tony cannon fodder has one but he only has like 13 miles on it cuz he's a vagina and won't ride it

ahah why not? hell this is my first bike... im going to be on it all the time...

silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
Monday, July 24, 2006 6:39 PM
its a bit big for a first bike....but once you get comforable with it you'll have a blast. Just be really mindful of your hand coordination...most newbs I know wreck not cuz they were being stupid but because they got miscoordinated with the clutch and gas. Now if you're stupid with it too....we just won't go into that haha.

He always says hes too tired or too busy...I'm never too tired to ride, soon as I get home from work I can't wait to hop on and laugh at the 3 dollar gas prices

Monday, July 24, 2006 8:02 PM
yea i have been trying to get cannon to go out i jsut picked up my first bike its a superhawk i no alittle big 1000cc but o well i thought i could handle it but realized it is alittle to big for a first bike when i dumped it on a gravel drive way when i was taking off i hit the gas alittle hard and it started falling and i gave it more throttle some how when it was falling scuffed it up pretty bad at least i didnt buy brand new.

http://www.geocities.com/WIJTuners/?200511

wi jbody site
Monday, July 24, 2006 11:12 PM
yes, i picked up a 2006 YZF R6S a couple months ago. click my sig for the thread i posted right after i got the bike.

DropTopPaul wrote:its a bit big for a first bike....but once you get comforable with it you'll have a blast. Just be really mindful of your hand coordination...most newbs I know wreck not cuz they were being stupid but because they got miscoordinated with the clutch and gas. Now if you're stupid with it too....we just won't go into that haha.

He always says hes too tired or too busy...I'm never too tired to ride, soon as I get home from work I can't wait to hop on and laugh at the 3 dollar gas prices

too big? are you crazy? maybe too big for you, hence why you gave your bike back to Gin. 600cc's is a great sized bike to start on. you don't wanna start off on a bike that's too underpowered, cause you'll get sick of it really quickly. most people don't want to start off on one that's too overpowered for a newbie either, cause it can be dangerous. so a 600cc bike is generally the ideal size for starters.

Josh F wrote:hell this is my first bike... im going to be on it all the time...

that's what i said too...

robert jones wrote:yea i have been trying to get cannon to go out

some of my buddies at work said they wanted to get together this weekend some time, so i'll let you know what day/time we decide on and we'll go for a ride. don't dump your bike again...

Monday, July 24, 2006 11:15 PM
so who dumped theirs already?

Monday, July 24, 2006 11:18 PM
Robert.
although, mine did tip over as well...

Monday, July 24, 2006 11:20 PM
Richard is my preferred name

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 12:44 AM
my buddy picked one up. hes got a lil over a 1000 miles on it. he loves it. but the redline is ADVERTISED at 17,500 but i think it only turns 16k. there was a HUGE situation with yamaha about. i guess giving people their money back if they wanted.

but no complaints. he loves it. got the rear plate eliminator kit cuz it sits down and out and looks fugly.. his is tucked under the seat.

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 1:05 AM
me but it wasnt my fault fricken gravel snuckup on me.

wi jbody site

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 1:05 AM
John H [Cavalierkid wrote:]my buddy picked one up. hes got a lil over a 1000 miles on it. he loves it. but the redline is ADVERTISED at 17,500 but i think it only turns 16k. there was a HUGE situation with yamaha about. i guess giving people their money back if they wanted.

this is a quote of a post from a r6-forum.com member:

imbobdole wrote:well it can be done, it just isn't the smartest idea unless you really know what you're doing. with a redline like that, idiots would rev to it all the time and cause excessive stress on the motor, then it would overheat and the moron would try to get it covered by warranty. the 17,500 redline isn't really beneficial for anything because the stock power curve is below that, at about.. 14,500 if my memory serves me. so the higher you rev, the hp is going down. chances are if you were to shift at the correct point, you'd shift into more power because of the short ratio'd trasmission.

who really needs all 17,500 rpms anyway.

there's some more info here: http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24108 and even at the time that thread was posted, the topic was already beaten to death on the r6-forum.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 6:53 AM
robert jones wrote:yea i have been trying to get cannon to go out i jsut picked up my first bike its a superhawk i no alittle big 1000cc but o well i thought i could handle it but realized it is alittle to big for a first bike when i dumped it on a gravel drive way when i was taking off i hit the gas alittle hard and it started falling and i gave it more throttle some how when it was falling scuffed it up pretty bad at least i didnt buy brand new.

The keys to the right of the "M" broken or what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 25, 2006 6:54 AM

---

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:31 AM
i'll be picking up an r6 around november-december. and r6 messagenet is way better than r6-forum.com

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:19 AM
Yamaha advertised the powerband to 17,500 rpms.. ins evral magaZines I read.. but due to tachometer error whether intentional or not the engine only actually revs to like 15k

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 9:11 AM
Wait, which model are you guys all talking about? because there are two different versions of the 2006 R6. One is the 05 model with a different name, the R6S, and one is completely new. The completely new one is the bike that doesn't rev up to the advertised redline. The S version, well, read about the 03-05 R6.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 9:40 AM
yzf and r6 are not exactly the same.

but anyways, be safe, take MSF course and wear FULL gear at ALL times. everytiem i see a sportbiek rider not wearing at LEAST a riding jacket, gloves, boots, and at LEAST jeans(dont get me started on jeans) i repeat over and over again in my head:

idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot until i can no longer see the idiot. nobody thinks you look cool when ur in a tanktop and shorts with tennis shoes on riding yoru bike. people think ur stupid.

if you wear full gear, or at least close to it however, you will demand instant respect from other riders, because you will at least appear to be a serious and responsible enthusiast.

Creative Draft Art Media Forums
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 12:35 PM
^^^ Dude you should be the Vanson Leathers spokesman or something you really seem to have a passion for safety.

Anways, right after the first post I was going to put "Just be carefull whenever there is any gravel thrown up on the road" because I have known several Newbs that have Low-Sided because of that and then R. Jones made his post and I was like damn to late I guess.

I totally second the comments about safety gear though, anybody that has been down at speed will tell you its all lot less painful when you're wearing leather. (including me)

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 1:08 PM
lol

i actually prefer to support armored synth. lasts longer in a slide than leather and not nearly as hot as leather is in the summer.

Creative Draft Art Media Forums
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:05 PM
I bought an 06 R1 and I love it. Yes it's my first bike too. But I didn't buy it because it was 1000cc, I bought it because I absolutely love the way it looks. If the R6 would have a tail like the R1, then I might have bought that one instead. But like everyone says, wear your gear and just be careful. Don't get confident to quickly because you'll learn real soon that the bike is still in control.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:21 PM
ok guys hopfull some one sees this in time i got to make a quick desision here... this is what the guy who i am buying it from sent me ...

Quote:

Josh,

The bike was purchased in the spring by a gentleman who was a first year rider. He had it for less than two weeks, when he was involved in a lowside on the left side. A lowside is where the front tire slips out in a corner. As a result, his insurance company paid him out the value of the bike because it was cheaper for the insurance company to pay him out, take the bike and sell it as repairable verses buying all the plastic and fixing it for him. There was nothing structurally wrong with the bike, just cosmetics.

I had the bike inspected at an Alberta Government inspection station, where they go over the bike with a fine tooth comb looking for any damage or anything that could be wrong with the bike. It passed easily, as I knew, because like I said earlier, there was nothing wrong with it structurally.
Yes I have been riding it! It runs like new! Probably because it is new! It has less than 1000km on it!
I’m attaching a picture so you can see the other side.

I can understand if you are worried about the bike because you haven’t seen it other than in pictures and what I’ve told you about it. It’s a clean bike that was unfortunately sold to the wrong person (a first year rider). If you don’t want the bike, just let me know because a buddy came over last night and looked at it and offered me more money for it than I told you I’d sell it to you for.

Hope that answers some of your questions

i will still look it over but do you think its still safe to get?

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:38 PM
Nathaniel wrote:yzf and r6 are not exactly the same.

No, the YZF600R is not what I'm talking about. I am talking about the Brand new R6 and the Rebadged 03-05 model, called the R6S. They are both for sale as 06 models. I would just like to know which one you're planning on buying, so I can give you some info about it

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:24 PM
eatsvtec wrote:I bought an 06 R1 and I love it. Yes it's my first bike too. But I didn't buy it because it was 1000cc, I bought it because I absolutely love the way it looks. If the R6 would have a tail like the R1, then I might have bought that one instead. But like everyone says, wear your gear and just be careful. Don't get confident to quickly because you'll learn real soon that the bike is still in control.

yea thats why i bought my 1000cc superhawk i jsut love how they look didnt care how many cc it was just how it looked and it had really good reviews

wi jbody site
Wednesday, July 26, 2006 3:00 PM
that response u got seems way off. it would take a lot to total a new bike. my buddy wrecked his bike doing a wheelie. had to replace every peace of plastic on it. both case covers, front fairing support ,new speedo, frt and rr lights, blinkers, mirrors, 1 peg, shift lever, clutch lever, brake lever, frt brake res, bar ends, and 1 clip on, on his r6. which was a ton of damage and it was only 2300 in parts and about 5 hrs labor. so if the insurance company bought it and it has something other than a clear title. that thing got hit really really hard.

Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition
Wednesday, July 26, 2006 3:12 PM
oh by the way, an r6 is a good fisrt bike if u know how to ride already. aka dirt or whatever. if u have no experience at all be careful. if u do know how to ride and u want rip big wheelies and stunt and stuff, just go with the r1.

i bought an r6 for my 1st street bike, and was satisfied for maybe a month, then i wished i had bought an r1. it carves awesome and has good top end but lacks the low grunt to be able to wheelie anywhere. it will do lower speed wheelies with ease, but highway speed its a real struggle to get the front end up. although it can be done. just takes a lot of skill. i did keep mine for a few years before getting rid of it, and never felt un satisfied, but i did crave a bigger bike.

so now i have just got an 06 50th anniv. r1. which is awesome, words dont really describe the excitement it brings. just an awesome bike. for any that care, i just installed race baffles into the stock cans and put a cat delete pipe on. sounds awesome, and can feell the diff in performance as well. and most importantly, the cat delete makes it considerably cooler under the seat. the exhaust inserts can be bought on ebay for less than $100. good mods.

hope this was informative.

Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search