Help me diagnose neighbor's electrical problem - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help me diagnose neighbor's electrical problem
Friday, July 21, 2006 7:40 PM
I'm kind of the guy the neighbors come to for tools and/or help with their cars and stuff (many of them are office types more so than mechanically inclined) but this one has me stumped.

They have a later-model Toyota Corolla or something, not important really.

What has happened is that both headlights went out at the same time. They bought new bulbs but they still don't work.

I checked every fuse that could have anything to do with the headlights, both in the car and in the engine bay fusebox - all fuses are ok.

I'm thinking next step is to test the switch? I did not have time to tear open their dash and told the mto see a machanic, but any other things I should have thought of?

Any theories as to why both would go out at once?

Any help greatly appreciated by me and them. I told them that you guys were the best at figuring %$#@! out...

Re: Help me diagnose neighbor's electrical problem
Friday, July 21, 2006 7:53 PM
shouldnt this be in the "other car" section?!.

just a thought

Kardain wrote:Tonite on Fox:
When X's attack

Friday, July 21, 2006 8:30 PM
well...not really because it is a performance question more so than a topic about any particular car. Note that I said the kind of car was not important.

I think just about any car with this problem would require about the same process of figuring out the problem.

But thanks for participating!
Friday, July 21, 2006 9:34 PM
id say try testing the sockets with a test light, then if they work or not, maybe the switch?

"It's not illegal until you get caught"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search