rev limiter - Other Cars Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
rev limiter
Saturday, July 01, 2006 2:56 AM
i have 2000 saturn LS1 auto with a ECOTEC 2.2L motor i want to get rid of my rev limiter.

Re: rev limiter
Saturday, July 01, 2006 3:51 AM
look in the tuning forum section for your answers and questions. I dont recall saturn being able to be tuned yet with hptuners

Now Powered By TEAM GREEN

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:07 AM
Mohammed Khan wrote:i have 2000 saturn LS1 auto with a ECOTEC 2.2L motor i want to get rid of my rev limiter.

why would you do that?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, July 01, 2006 6:44 AM
what controls the rev limiter the PCM or the ECM
Saturday, July 01, 2006 6:45 AM
The PCM and ECM are the same thing.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, July 01, 2006 7:20 AM
if they are the same which will control it then
Saturday, July 01, 2006 7:31 AM
The PCM, but why do you want to rev higher just to damage your car?

Saturday, July 01, 2006 8:46 AM
cause he doent know what he's doing

Saturday, July 01, 2006 9:17 AM
Saturns got the ECOTEC in 2000?

Saturday, July 01, 2006 3:04 PM
Quote:

what controls the rev limiter the PCM or the ECM

Quote:

The PCM and ECM are the same thing

Quote:

if they are the same which will control it then

You sure don't get it. Useless on a stock motor. An Ecm is a Pcm. You should learn more about car before removing a limiter and b**ching about blowing your engine.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Saturday, July 01, 2006 3:28 PM
if you notice his join date is today. and he never gave a reason why he wants to remove it

so do what Mfk-223 said to do and learn more about car before removing a limiter and b**ching about blowing your engine.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Saturday, July 01, 2006 3:50 PM
I would say its a PCM if it has an electornic automatic trans. Since it would be controlling the powertrain. Otherwise I'd say it has an ECM.

Saturday, July 01, 2006 3:51 PM
SHOoff wrote:Saturns got the ECOTEC in 2000?
Yes, the Saturn L-Series got the Ecotec starting in 2000. IIRC that was the first North American vehicle to get it.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:31 PM
its rare that a question about a rev limiter/speed governor goes this long without being locked...

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, July 01, 2006 11:42 PM
The Redneck wrote:its rare that a question about a rev limiter/speed governor goes this long without being locked...

Saturday, July 01, 2006 11:45 PM
and with not one but 2 mods posting in the thread too

Sunday, July 02, 2006 1:41 AM
The Redneck wrote:its rare that a question about a rev limiter/speed governor goes this long without being locked...

This thread had nothing to do with a speed governor until you brought it up. Everyone above you seemed to also be under the impression he was asking about his rev limiter, hence the multiple references to blowing up your motor.

Now, you can't "remove" your rev limiter unless you are truly stupid. The rev limiter keeps your engine from self destructing. If on the other hand you had meant speed limiter, aka speed governor, this is most certainly not the site for it. We do not condone such actions because, as it has been put multiple times, you will most likely use it for illegal purposes. That is, you can claim you need it for a track, but if you managed to get your car to go that fast, you should already posess the knowledge to do it. If you do not posess such simple knowledge, you are just going to turn yourself into a greasy spot out on some country road somewhere, to quote a great movie.

Bottom line is you won't get information on either one in this forum. You can check in the tuning forum if you want to learn more about the PCM. It seems to me, and quite a few other people, that you probably should not be attempting this, if you don't know exactly what it is you are doing.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search