Pontiac G5 out in US - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pontiac G5 out in US
Saturday, July 01, 2006 12:38 PM
Saw one of those new Pontiac G5 GT's at the dealer on the way home today, looks sicker than the Cobalt for some reason. Hope to see it with the LNF Motor in the future.

Re: Pontiac G5 out in US
Saturday, July 01, 2006 12:54 PM
lnf motor????

right now its either 2.4vvt or 2.2 eco....my guess is they are gonna slap the gm s/c on the 2.2 ecos for a supercharged gt

Saturday, July 01, 2006 1:11 PM
maybe they will go w/ the turbo 2.0 right off the bat

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Saturday, July 01, 2006 1:15 PM
Machzel08 wrote:lnf motor????

right now its either 2.4vvt or 2.2 eco....my guess is they are gonna slap the gm s/c on the 2.2 ecos for a supercharged gt

it would make sense for gm to use the 2.0 s/c. gives them an oppurtunity to mass produce more of that motor(making it cheaper for them) and gm doesn't usually boost a motor unless they have designed it so from the ground up. meaning that unless they are gonna take the time and money to redisign the 2.2 the 2.0 is gonna be where its at.

and before someone jumps on it yes I know gm puts a warranty on the s/c kit for the 2.2. but thats aftermarket, I really don't think they would do that from the factory

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
when you beat someone in a civic people wine and make excuses
when you beat someone in a cavalier they pull over and check under thier hoods
Saturday, July 01, 2006 1:55 PM
G5 is 2.4 vvt only , according to gm's site

Saturday, July 01, 2006 2:07 PM
In the US, G5 coupe is the 2.2 L61 and G5 Coupe GT is the 2.4 VVT

Saturday, July 01, 2006 2:38 PM
what he said ^
they dont do anything for me either
especially with the grill lookin like its just kinda stuck in there

Sunday, July 02, 2006 12:43 AM
^^^same

Sunday, July 02, 2006 1:50 PM
the U.S. just got the pursuit???? we have had it in canada for like 2 years now. but the sedan was first, then the coupe about 6 months later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, July 02, 2006 1:51 PM

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Friday, July 07, 2006 5:23 PM
yea apparantly canadian love 4 door pontiac products.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 07, 2006 5:24 PM

Saturday, July 08, 2006 4:11 AM
I saw an 07 G5 today. It was a GT model automatic, and a dark red color. I was driving by the pontiac dealer after leaving the Honda dealer and thought "there is a different color cobalt." Then I noticed the badging. It looked cool.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG

Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:57 AM
someone on cobaltSS got one and posted pics of it. got these off of cobaltss.net heres a few.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 9:44 AM
Rob wrote:I saw an 07 G5 today. It was a GT model automatic, and a dark red color. I was driving by the pontiac dealer after leaving the Honda dealer and thought "there is a different color cobalt." Then I noticed the badging. It looked cool.
....it looks like a Cobalt.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 10:42 AM
Exterior improved. Minor cosmetic difference done, but makes such a big difference.
The cobalt's rear looked like J-Lo's ass with four pimples. Hell, the bumper cover is like 4 feet high reaching the top of the trunk lid. Ewww.

This is one is more aesthetically correct.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, July 08, 2006 12:27 PM
SUPERFASSSSTZ, T.Ocav soon wrote:the U.S. just got the pursuit???? we have had it in canada for like 2 years now. but the sedan was first, then the coupe about 6 months later.

The sedan will not be sold in the US. Just like the Sunfire in the last few years of production, the US will see the coupe only.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

The Gobalt.
Saturday, July 08, 2006 1:14 PM
They really went all out making that car have it's own identity, didn't they.

How long before there are Cobalt 5's (or maybe Gobalts?) running around with the cobalt fronts and the G5 rears. I think that would make the best package. IMO that is!

Hey, I like that. Gobalts. I coined that phrase. Remember that.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Re: The Gobalt.
Saturday, July 08, 2006 2:14 PM
Yeah maybe teh 2.0 will be in the gxp vesion.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Saturday, July 08, 2006 2:21 PM
Needs a drop! Saw it again yesterday, but this time upclose, beautiful car, aluminum control arms for starters, this one was an auto, but very similar to the one pictured above (lighter red than that one). Wasnt too bad of a price either, sticker with options was $20k too. If i were to get one though, it would definitly need to be dropped, and bigger tires, those 205/50/17's looked too narrow for the sized rim they put on the car.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 12:12 AM
pontiacs version of the cobalt is ugly. all the negative look features of the cobalt sedan slapped on a coupe

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search