opinions on pontiac torrent?? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
opinions on pontiac torrent??
Friday, June 30, 2006 10:32 AM
i was wondering what everyone thought of the pontiac torrent / chevy equinox
i have 2 huge dogs and i like the sliding rear seats
has anyone heard of anything bad about these
my pt cruiser sucks

george

Re: opinions on pontiac torrent??
Friday, June 30, 2006 10:38 AM
correction, all pt cruisers suck

-Borsty
Friday, June 30, 2006 10:46 AM
I like the Equinox. I've never driven one, and I don't know much about them, but from what I remember they used to sell really well (not sure if they still are). The back seems like it would be big enough for 2 dogs.

Friday, June 30, 2006 11:29 AM
I think they are good vehicles. We haven't seen them in for much warranty issues here at my dealership. Only gripe I have about them is the turning radius could be a lot tighter.

Friday, June 30, 2006 11:59 AM
even with a bad turning radius it will still turn better then my pt cruiser
i think they designed the steering for the pt based of a big wheel

by the way
my rottweiler is 130 lbs
and my rott akita mix is 95 lbs

Friday, June 30, 2006 12:10 PM
Isn't the Torrent like stupid expensive compaired to the Equinox ? I had heard several grand more then for a comprable Chevy. They look better but not several grand better!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, June 30, 2006 1:43 PM
I was looking at an Equinox. Drove it and everything. Reall nice cars and really solid. Turning radius could be better but its not bad at all. It has great interrior and lots of stupid features that make it neat. Ton of little storage compartments etc.. the back seat moving is awesome.

The one big downfall I found is people are claiming the gas mileage isn't near what its rated at. Its a 3400 V6 FWD. Good solid motor, the FWD would be nice in bad weather as long as you dont want a huge towing capacity.

Friday, June 30, 2006 6:45 PM
Meh.. why go to Pontiac when you can get torrents online...

Why are you looking at my post like that?

RIP CPL Brian St.Germain (SAINT), Semper Fidelis

Friday, June 30, 2006 7:40 PM
A friend of mine has one overall he likes it except the gas mileage. It's not that it's that bad but it could be better.

Jabbles
Saturday, July 01, 2006 7:47 AM
Go for the Saturn Vue.. Same platform.. Looks better imho, and I think it's cheaper?

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - sold
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 2:43 PM
i checked the vue
the back seat isnt a slider which i need

thanks for all the help
and as far as gas milage
my pt gets 12 miles per gallon
so anything has to be better

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 2:53 PM
Borsty wrote:correction, all pt cruisers suck

Officially the funniest thing I have seen this year.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 3:43 PM
I actually went against the Equinox (torrent about same thing) and decided I'm going with a Vue. Although i'm holding out until the hybrid comes out and I'm going to check that out. If its as good as its suppose to be i'll pick that up. I really need good gas mileage considering its 900+ miles home.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:08 PM
the only small wanna be SUV with the best options ive seen is the dodge caliber

gotta love a can cooler in the glove box , and rechargeble flash/dome light , and flip down speaker mod for tail gate parties

what more do you need , lol

i saw a blue torrent , over the weekend , it looked kinda sweet

other than that i havent gave them much though

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 7:37 PM
I bought my equinox on the 3rd and I really like it. The sliding backseat should give your dogs plenty of room. the gas mileage could be better but I'm happy so far.
Friday, July 07, 2006 4:32 PM
I cannot believe GM/Pontiac are still using the 3.4 engine when they could have gone with the 3.5 (I amsure it is alot better) especially on something that just got released.
Friday, July 07, 2006 4:48 PM
As soon as I read this topic I knew GAM would post something about his online "torrents". *shakes head slowly

Ohh, and Bortsy. Where do you come up with this stuff. You are always perfectly timed and worded in a way that makes me laugh. Impecable as always! Bravo!

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Friday, July 07, 2006 5:49 PM
^^^Great now his head is going to be even larger. Soon he'll have to give up the TA and go with a torrent himself to accomodate room for him and his head =P

On a serious note. I really like them a lot also, but a few things really turned me off of them.

I've been really looking at the new Mazda CX-7 and I've read really great things about them. They get pretty good gas mileage also. Plus they are a crossover SUV based off of a car chasis rather then a truck chasis like most SUV's. I believe the Torrent/Equinox is the same way. The room in the back is great. Everyone has said they handle really well, nice get up and go. They are rated at 19city/24hwy and people are claiming to get every bit of that and more once the break in period is up.

My biggest relief was to find it is an all new design by Mazda. Not some re-done up Ford P.O.S. Its right in the price range of a Torrent also. Might want to look into that. 2.3 Inline 4 intercooled turbocharged Direct Injected. 244 HP and its not that heavy. Backed by the 6-speed Automatic tranny. Pretty sweet looking to.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 5:08 PM
my parents bought a new Torrent. Black its got 5 speed automatic, 3.4l engine...its surprisingly peppy, like others have said, the mileage has disappointed them, its not bad, averaging approx 30-36mpg, but were expecting better. It is a very comfortable drive, the things i dont like about it are the size and swing of the massive rear doors. The dash looks a bit cheap in my opinion. Other than that there have been NO problems and they really like it.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:45 PM
redzed99 wrote: the mileage has disappointed them, its not bad, averaging approx 30-36mpg,

If they're getting 30-36 they need to jump for joy. Its only rated at 19/24 or something like that. Hell the Toyota Corolla only gets 32/36.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 1:32 PM
the mazda is amazing looking
but like i said i need room the torrent and equinox have 8 extra inches
of room with the seats slid forward
if i wanted a performance truck the trailblazer ss would be my choice
now i have to talk the boss into the torrent instead of the hhr

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 1:47 PM
traiblazer SS is really nice, but it has a very nice price tag on it. Too rich for my blood.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search