after years of wanting and waiting I have one!!!!! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
after years of wanting and waiting I have one!!!!!
Monday, June 26, 2006 3:29 PM
I just wanted to share the news that I have officially stripped the cavy and sold most of the parts off of it making it my winter car and daily driver. I just picked up a 2004 Flame Red SRT-4 and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I have wanted one of these for the longest time and I finally found one for the right price and pretty local too. Sorry but I just wanted to share my excitement!

-Paul

Re: after years of wanting and waiting I have one!
Monday, June 26, 2006 3:39 PM
well i guess 2 years would make it years
altho it sounded like you waited a longer time than that

Monday, June 26, 2006 3:39 PM
uh...woohoo.

GO PATS!!!
Monday, June 26, 2006 3:46 PM
Congrats on the purchase of your skittle. They're a dime a dozen around here, but hopefully that isn't the case around by you.

Rest In Peace, Saint.
He's your god, they're your rules, YOU burn in hell!!
Monday, June 26, 2006 3:47 PM
Well I guess wanting one since hearing about them in 2001 is years so you are correct marin8r. No sarcasm needed guys, I get enough of that from just posting normally...........
Monday, June 26, 2006 3:48 PM
Alexis, there are only 2 others in my area that I have seen. They are pretty rare around here, we have a black one, and silver one, and now a red one
Monday, June 26, 2006 3:52 PM
Well then, congrats!! There are 3 silvers, 2 blacks, 1 blue, a few reds, a few whites around here. I think I remember seeing a yellow one as well. Good luck with it, if the kids around here are any inidcator, you're driving a car that has been beat to death. I hope you got a good warranty.

Rest In Peace, Saint.
He's your god, they're your rules, YOU burn in hell!!
Monday, June 26, 2006 3:55 PM
I have the remainder of the 7/70 extended factory warrranty and it only has 12,947 miles on it.
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:40 PM
For the price, they are great cars. Where else can you get around 230hp in FWD and facotry upgrades like that with a warrenty? I have always gave Dodge a lot of credit for those. I wouldn't get one cause they are Neons though. I just don't like the way they look. Enjoy the car.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:23 PM
I hope you plan on replacing the clutch soon. We have a local guy with some mods on his and the pressure plate blew up. Took out his tranny, intake maniofold,clutch,flywheel, and a/c. The quote for repair to the vehicle was almost as much as the car.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:39 PM
Ack, you can't assume that all of one type of car is going to have problems just because someone you know had something bad happen. When I was working for Honda we had a Honda Pilot come in because it was running funny. Turns out it didn't have a head gasket from the factory. I doni't go around telling people not to get Pilots because they don't come with head gaskets from the factory. It was a fluke. They happen. Who knows what he did to that car anyway. Most people will blame the car when they don't tighten down a nut and it grenades on them. Let's be fair.

Team GREEN

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 3:17 PM
Congrats, They Are All Over The Place Here In Youngstown, Ohio. I Took One For A Test Drive Before Getting My Ion, I Just Couldnt Convince Myself To Buy A Dodge, Especially A Neon.

<~~~~PWN3D!!
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 3:36 PM
personally i cant stand them , the biggest reason is the manual crank rear windows

it just drives me fluckin nuts

even when i worked at dodge no one ever gave me a good reason , other than trying to keep the cars cheap , lol

enjoy the car they are quick and lots of fun

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 4:00 PM
The only time I have heard about them having problems is when you beat them to death. My cousin has had his since it was brand new in 03 and it just turned over 56,000 miles and he has had no problems and his is pushing 320hp or so. It's really all in how you treat and drive the car.
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 4:39 PM
Let's face it, yeah they're a dime a dozen but so are Cavaliers, guys. And what do most of us drive? For those keeping score at home, if you said Cavalier, you guessed right! There's three of them sitting in our office parking lot as we speak. ANd there's three Z24 Cavaliers, too so you get my point. Personally, I say congrats on getting a quick car with a warranty that'll probably spank the Cobalt SS with a wodden spoon. I mean, come on, when the SRT4 came out it was deemed the quickest car in its class. That's saying somethin'.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 7:11 AM
Congrats on the purchase. I have loved them from the beginning and was planning on getting one, but ended up getting my GTO for the same price as I would have spent on a new one. They're fun little cars.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:36 AM
congrats on your new purchase
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:50 AM
uhmm...were gonna need pics by then of the hour or were gonna be coming with a lynch mob

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 9:16 AM
Congrats on the purchase. They are fun cars.....Now go Mod it.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:13 AM
ln2johnny wrote:Let's face it, yeah they're a dime a dozen but so are Cavaliers, guys. And what do most of us drive? For those keeping score at home, if you said Cavalier, you guessed right! There's three of them sitting in our office parking lot as we speak. ANd there's three Z24 Cavaliers, too so you get my point. Personally, I say congrats on getting a quick car with a warranty that'll probably spank the Cobalt SS with a wodden spoon. I mean, come on, when the SRT4 came out it was deemed the quickest car in its class. That's saying somethin'.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0505_compact_sport_coupe_comparison/specs_price.html

they're actually pretty damn close.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:29 AM
Kevin Pecoraro wrote:
ln2johnny wrote:Let's face it, yeah they're a dime a dozen but so are Cavaliers, guys. And what do most of us drive? For those keeping score at home, if you said Cavalier, you guessed right! There's three of them sitting in our office parking lot as we speak. ANd there's three Z24 Cavaliers, too so you get my point. Personally, I say congrats on getting a quick car with a warranty that'll probably spank the Cobalt SS with a wodden spoon. I mean, come on, when the SRT4 came out it was deemed the quickest car in its class. That's saying somethin'.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0505_compact_sport_coupe_comparison/specs_price.html

Well I'll be damned! I retract the wooden spoon portion of my statement. Maybe plastic spoon would have been better. The rest of my statement still stands, though.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:37 AM
ln2johnny wrote:
Kevin Pecoraro wrote:

Well I'll be damned! I retract the wooden spoon portion of my statement. Maybe plastic spoon would have been better. The rest of my statement still stands, though.

Wow, they are a lot closer then I would have thought too. I figured the SS would take it off the line with the SC, but identical 1/4 mile times. I am inmpressed with the Cobalt.

Team GREEN

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 1:02 PM
pics?

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:14 PM
Quote:

Ack, you can't assume that all of one type of car is going to have problems just because someone you know had something bad happen. When I was working for Honda we had a Honda Pilot come in because it was running funny. Turns out it didn't have a head gasket from the factory. I doni't go around telling people not to get Pilots because they don't come with head gaskets from the factory. It was a fluke. They happen. Who knows what he did to that car anyway. Most people will blame the car when they don't tighten down a nut and it grenades on them. Let's be fair.

I'm not downing his purchase. All the srt guyz i have talked to said it is a common occurance when you start modding not just a fluke.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 7:50 PM
ok ok.. maybe im dumb, but WHY are they nicknamed "skittles" lol??

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search