03 grand prix motor swap! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03 grand prix motor swap!
Sunday, June 25, 2006 6:55 PM
I have a 03 grand prix se withe the 3.1 and i want to know if i could swap in a grand prix non supercharged 3.8 motor?Are they the same transmissions?What elese would i need to do the swap?
Thanks for all your help!

Re: 03 grand prix motor swap!
Sunday, June 25, 2006 6:59 PM
clubgp.com

-Borsty
Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:14 PM
Sunday, June 25, 2006 8:07 PM
supercharged is the only way to go if you ask me ...if your gonna stick in a 3.8 might aswell go all the way

Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:38 PM
the transmission in the SE models (both 3.1 and 3.8) is a 4t60E, the 3.8 gt and 3.8 s/c GTP have the 4t65e (HD for the s/c models). the 4t60e can hold up to a base line 3.8 (was in SE's from i think 99 and up) but it's not a performance oriented tranny at all, and will break with any sort of power. hell, the 4t65e isnt worth much with modded L67's (s/c engine) it's a tough task, but has been done. i agree, though, if you're gonna do it, do it right the first time... unless you've also got plans for a turbo

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Monday, June 26, 2006 6:02 PM
Andrew Manczak wrote:Hi, i'm interested in doing a very complex and potentially expensive engine swap that will net barely any worthwhile performance gain versus the cost. Please spoonfeed me all of the information necessary to do this, despite the fact that this is not a grand prix forum, i don't care because even though searching there would reveal the answers, I'm too lazy to do my own research and would rather you just hand it to me without doing any work on my own. Thanks for all your help!

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, June 26, 2006 6:46 PM
^you forgot to add 'theres not a snowballs chance in hell ill ever do this either, just wanted to waste your time, tee hee!'

-Borsty
Monday, June 26, 2006 6:51 PM
damn i knew i forgot something

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search