Fear the REX! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fear the REX!
Sunday, June 25, 2006 3:51 PM

Re: Fear the REX!
Sunday, June 25, 2006 3:59 PM
Why?

Jk lol its cool, needs some paint and a SBC
Sunday, June 25, 2006 4:16 PM
looks like a rx7 to me

i dont see a wrx

Sunday, June 25, 2006 5:48 PM
junk lol

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, June 25, 2006 6:21 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]looks like a rx7 to me

i dont see a wrx

Dear god, the RX7 has been called 'rex' far longer than that WRX thing.

Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:26 PM
paint it one color and get some wheels
then ill like it more

Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:04 PM
rotary engine FTL

Monday, June 26, 2006 2:30 AM
so why am i supposed to fear an all motor FC that probably has close to 100K on it and is about ready to puke its apex seals all over the track?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, June 26, 2006 5:14 AM
I can't believe some of the wheels that came over on Japanese cars over the years.

Monday, June 26, 2006 8:44 AM
Are we supposed to fear pushing?

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Monday, June 26, 2006 9:31 AM
Is that hole in the headlight door for the intake?

Monday, June 26, 2006 9:45 AM
i will say the pictures are pretty sweet

and ive never heard the rx7s called REX , and i had friends that worked at mazda dealers

Monday, June 26, 2006 9:48 AM
yea. thats a pos. unless u plan on swappin a ls1

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Monday, June 26, 2006 5:46 PM
Sappy96 wrote:Are we supposed to fear pushing?

hahahaha good one

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, June 26, 2006 7:36 PM
wow...you people really are asses when it comes to cars older/lighter/potentially faster than yours. such a pity.

to the OP - how old is the motor/how's the under door rust problem? car looks decent, just needs a good coat of paint and a set of wheels to really make her shine.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain
Monday, June 26, 2006 10:17 PM
Paul wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]looks like a rx7 to me

i dont see a wrx

Dear god, the RX7 has been called 'rex' far longer than that WRX thing.

true, and so has the crx. one thing they all have in common is, they need to stop calling them that, its @!#$ gay.

oh and yea my knees are trembling.
Monday, June 26, 2006 11:33 PM
lilbit01 wrote:wow...you people really are asses when it comes to cars older/lighter/potentially faster than yours. such a pity.

to the OP - how old is the motor/how's the under door rust problem? car looks decent, just needs a good coat of paint and a set of wheels to really make her shine.

The motor is a Rotary Aviation rebuild w/ approx 20K on it (streetported), removed the OMP (Oil Metering Pump) and running 80:1 TCW3 Premix.

I've pinched the rust issues as of now, and I'm prepping for a nice coat of either Midnight Pearl Black, or Arctic White. Just got a new rear bumper and I'll get a new front (probably an S5 one) before paint goes on. For whoever asked, yes, that's an air scoop for the intake behind the headlight.

I'm doing wheels with the five lug hub/four piston brake swap. As for now, it's sitting on Tociko Illumina (think Koni Yellows) struts & springs, and DTSS eliminators, with a set of Racing Beat sway bars, RB Header, and RB Presilencer OTW.

It's an amazing platform, handles far better than ANY car I've ever EVER driven.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, June 27, 2006 12:17 AM

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 4:31 AM
its one downfall. no pistons

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 11:12 AM
theres a red convertible rx7 around here for sale for $3850

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 11:38 AM
Explain why that is a downfall?

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 3:17 PM
Paul wrote:
lilbit01 wrote:wow...you people really are asses when it comes to cars older/lighter/potentially faster than yours. such a pity.

The motor is a Rotary Aviation rebuild w/ approx 20K on it (streetported), removed the OMP (Oil Metering Pump) and running 80:1 TCW3 Premix.

I've pinched the rust issues as of now, and I'm prepping for a nice coat of either Midnight Pearl Black, or Arctic White. Just got a new rear bumper and I'll get a new front (probably an S5 one) before paint goes on. For whoever asked, yes, that's an air scoop for the intake behind the headlight.

I'm doing wheels with the five lug hub/four piston brake swap. As for now, it's sitting on Tociko Illumina (think Koni Yellows) struts & springs, and DTSS eliminators, with a set of Racing Beat sway bars, RB Header, and RB Presilencer OTW.

It's an amazing platform, handles far better than ANY car I've ever EVER driven.

very nice. are you staying N/A, or going turbo?

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 3:32 PM
its so funny how one person says I dont like it then everyone goes yup gay. thinking for your self on this site is non apparent

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 4:28 PM
I'm thinking N/A for now, I just want to make a formidable autocross car to learn in, and then maybe someday a TII swap (or just turbo this one).

I just decided on this color too...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 4:55 PM
Call me crazy, but I think he was being sarcastic when he titled this thread, "Fear the REX!" Am I the only who who got that? And yes, the RX-7 was nicknamed "rex" way before people started calling their WRX that. I have never heard the CRX refered to as that though. Car looks like it's in pretty decent shape for an '88. They certainly have a lot of potential if done up right. Good luck with it man. My buddy modified his '89 below. Pulled a 12.5@114.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 5:35 PM
thats in very nice shape...have fun with it....and please....leave the rotary in...i hate seeing rx-7s with pistons..breaks my heart

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search