went drive a cobalt ss - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
went drive a cobalt ss
Saturday, June 24, 2006 6:47 PM
whats up everyone . i went drive a 06 cobalt ss supercharged today . its all around a ggreat car. theres not one thing i don't like about it . great pick up , great look , interior nice. ooo and that supercharger wine. is awesome.

Re: went drive a cobalt ss
Saturday, June 24, 2006 6:51 PM
I havn't testeda cobalt yet, but got behind the wheel of a G6 and was really impressed GM us starting to do some things right.

-Chris

Saturday, June 24, 2006 6:54 PM
lol yes they are.
Saturday, June 24, 2006 6:58 PM
i test drove a 2006 cobalt SS/SC and i was sold i drove that car and i wanted it bad. for the price i couldint go wrong so im geting one within the month and i cant wait. the G6 is also a hot car and thats a nice ride.
Saturday, June 24, 2006 7:13 PM
I'm ordering my 07 this friday!

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Sunday, June 25, 2006 10:02 AM
i love my g6! its a coupe(:
fun car, and i get TONS of looks. i have only seen one other on the road.

Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:36 AM
i haven't driven one myself but i've been for a ride in one with a 2.8" pulley (unfortunately before stage 2 or hptuners flashing was available) and it was very quick. They have a deceptive powerband though, because unlike my car that has a big torque spike down low and then fades up top, the SS doesn't hit quite as hard initially, but just keeps on pulling like a damn train.

I want one, but I think I wanna wait and see what if any differences there are in exterior/interior of the turbo ones and what aftermarket arises for the turbo versions first.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Sunday, June 25, 2006 1:34 PM
That was a 3" pulley I had Jay. I've had the Stage 2 with a 2.8 since april and it hauls ass, but I'm bored already. Next week I'm ordering the Intense Stage 5 PCM, 600cc injectors, and a 2.6 pulley.

Modds:
GM Stage 2 with SFPHQ 2.8 pulley
Injen Intake
GM Dual Pass Aftercooler w15psi Surge Tank
GMPP Exhaust Manifold
CTi 3" Downpipe and Cat
Custom 3" Cat Back with Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler
ZZ Engine Mount
ZZ Front Trans Mount
B&M Shifter
NGK BKR7E Plugs
DC Strut Tower Brace

Soon to be installed:
2.6 pulley, Siemens 60lbs Injectors, NGK 2 Step Colder Plugs
Tune Time Custom Dyno Tune

Sunday, June 25, 2006 1:47 PM
You will definitely enjoy the cobalt ss. It is a great car for the money and is a very "solid" car overall.

Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:23 PM
I'd wait until the 08 series. That way you have time to save up, plus the 08's are supposed to have the Turbo Ecotec which runs about 260hp, 280tq. Sounds much more worth while then an even 200hp, but the price is going to jump a lot.
Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:13 PM
those cars are OK stock, ive road in a few of them, stock and with stage 2, gm stage 2's are very quick, good for low 13's with a good driver, stock the wine isnt that loud at all i didnt think, my wine is super loud even when i had on the stock pulley

Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:28 PM
I test drove one almost a month ago and didn't like it at all. I really felt it needed more power and a better interior. I liked the whole supercharger thing and its potential but I really wasn't sold on it

but thats me

View my MySpace
Monday, June 26, 2006 9:08 AM
i drove the first one in dealware the day it hit the dealer i just happen to see it on the truck.

i liked it, didn't have a ton of power but as said before the powerband was real nice and it just kept pulling. Interior was ok, i think average for the class, i loved the seats. Handling was pretty good, a little more body roll than my modded cavalier suspension but good for a stock car.

just didn't feel like spending the money is why i dont own one.

Monday, June 26, 2006 10:39 AM
solid little cars for the most part. Almost bought one myself except I couldn't find one w/ the LSD.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Monday, June 26, 2006 10:46 AM
Exodus 259 wrote:I'd wait until the 08 series. That way you have time to save up, plus the 08's are supposed to have the Turbo Ecotec which runs about 260hp, 280tq. Sounds much more worth while then an even 200hp, but the price is going to jump a lot.

thats what im doing

Monday, June 26, 2006 3:06 PM
im waiting for the 08

i test drove an 06 a few months ago, i wasnt too impressed with it, suspension wasnt as smooth as I thought it would be but still better than a car with coilovers, brakes pretty comparible to what i have now, acceleration just didnt seem to have that punch like mine does, it just didnt feel that fast

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, June 26, 2006 3:19 PM
I just test drove an 06 the other day and I have to agree with Rodimus, i just doesn't feel that fast. I mean it was a totally different experience since it is the first supercharged car I have ever drivin, but I just wasn't impressed that much. I like how it looks and how the interior is setup and how it feels, but I just don't think it's that fast.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:04 AM
I just got back from the dealership where i signed papers today on my new 06 ss/sc. Its black with the black and red interior with all options except polished wheels and the g85 package. I drove it once and had to have it...got a smoking deal too! talked them to a little under $20,500 and i got 0% financing through gmac for 72 months! i will be taking delivery this friday!!

I plan to keep it stock for a little while....then if i feel the need, i'll have the dealer do the stage 2 upgrade and write it into my payments.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:17 AM
at least you dont have to use premium in them.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:04 PM
^^^ well premium is reccommended but w/ 87 you'll notice a power loss (most dealers put 87 in usually ) and could notice some knock. but premium is definatly recommended. and why not its only a few bucks more a fill up.

2006 Cobalt SS 2.4L 9.6 @74mph 1/8th mile w/2.28 60ft

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 1:30 PM
I drove my buddies. Power was there, but the car still felt cheap to me.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:18 PM
Stock the cars have a lot of things holding it back. The torque managment and the 6500 rpm doesn't help. When you remove the torque management, new injectors, and up the redline to 7000. It becomes a whole nother animal even without a smaller pulley.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search