New Toy! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Toy!
Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:32 PM
Well, my buddy just got back from Iraq. He was vehicle maintenance forward deployed with the Army running convoy's. So when a vehicle broke down on a convoy he had to take a look at it. He was gone for 8 months. He made a ton of money while gone. He's going to finish his Evo III build on his Mirage. Anyways, on with the point.

He has a 1990 RX-7 Non-Turbo 5-s[eed convertible. The engine is starting to go bad and the tranny is out. Other then that the car is a beauty. He was going to sell it cheap and I told him I wanted it because I want to drop a SBC in it. He said that would be cool to see. So he gave me the keys and signed over the title. Just gave me a perfectly good 2nd gen chasis with full interrior in sweet condition. So screw it i'm going to have some fun with it. A buddy and I are going to gut the entire thing, drop a 350TPI we have laying around in it. I found the conversion kits for around 300 bucks.

Its in storage now. I'll pick it up this weekend so i'll snap some good pictures. I cant wait to tear into that beast.

Re: New Toy!
Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:35 PM
cool

-Borsty
Thursday, June 22, 2006 9:46 PM
awesome!

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Friday, June 23, 2006 12:01 AM
Cant wait to see. What kind of 1/4 times are you expecting?
Friday, June 23, 2006 9:25 AM
Eric Garvock wrote:Cant wait to see. What kind of 1/4 times are you expecting?

I did a quick search last night and the only thing I could find in the few minutes I took was a 2nd gen 302 5.0 Ford motor. He was running a 13.9. So I'm expecting mid to low 13's with a completely stock 350. Since its going to be a track car we'll also be gutting it completely except a drivers seat. Also hopefully a big shot of nitrous should put us low.

Friday, June 23, 2006 9:33 AM
350tpi is kinda a waste , since a LSx would be alot more fun

but i guess a motor hanging around and a good body make for a great mix

make sure you take pics along the way

Friday, June 23, 2006 2:25 PM
An LS1 would be great, but I dont want to dish out 3-5grand for a motor and tranny. Unless you want to buy it for me =P A 350 will be nice. Not going TPI though. Going old school carbed. It will be 10x easier to get the fuel I need/want and a lot less wiring.

Monday, June 26, 2006 8:39 AM
LSX FTW!!!
350 TPI is still cool tho or maybe get a LT1 and convert it to a LT4? Do you plan on using it for bracket racing?

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Monday, June 26, 2006 9:29 AM
I'd do an lt1/t56 swap if you were on a budget. They make carb intakes if that's the way you want to go...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search