wiper help for my Venture? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wiper help for my Venture?
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 3:43 PM
Ok, hopefully we have some techs that look at this section, but my '99 Chevy venture has a problem with the wipers. When you turn them off, they go vertical instead of down horizontal like they should. I just got the van so I have no idea of it's past, they were up when I got it. Thanks for any help.

2000 Turbo Z

Re: wiper help for my Venture?
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:21 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a switch that needs to be replaced? I think it's called a park switch? I might be wrong though..

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - sold
Thursday, June 22, 2006 5:25 AM
Thanks, I'll check that out...

2000 Turbo Z
Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:54 AM
What you need is the cam for the top of the wiper motor. It is spring loaded and they go bad. It is a royal pain to retime the wipers, though.

Friday, June 23, 2006 6:17 AM
I believe that there is a recall on those. call the dealership and possibly give them your vin number they might have an answer. of if your a GM enthusist and have access to GM dealerworld you can find out for your self if your van has a recall.

**changes are here**

Sunday, June 25, 2006 4:19 PM
your best bet is to replace the wiper transmission.(the linkage assy) they go in every GM van. we sell 10-15 GM mini van wiper transmissions a week at work. there pretty cheap used like $50 or so here.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Sunday, June 25, 2006 8:05 PM

my 98 pontiac montana does that every now and again. i just tighten the nut that hold the wiper arms on.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search