My New Car (PICS) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My New Car (PICS)
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 5:35 PM
Well i've been looking for something I could drift yet still keep as a daily driver. I ended up with this:

Its a tamiya TT-01D

Aluminum driveshaft, aluminum heat sink. Duratrax intellispeed forward reverse esc.

Its a ton of fun. My last car was a Nitro powered HPI, and for me, electric is so much better. less to worry about mantainence wise, a lot quieter, easier to clean, etc.
Anybody else have pics of their RC?

Re: My New Car (PICS)
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 5:40 PM
That looks awesome. I was in the parking lot of the local grocery store, and some guy was playing with his RC car. They actually haul some ass.

Do you have any plans for it?

dan

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:12 PM
lol, heres my latest ones...

My old RC car, Ebay find, kept me busy during the day.

Painted it, lol. I had some leftover spray paint, so gave it a try. lol

And the newest toy. 3 ft long 300C, with blue underglow and speakers that can play from any mp3/cd player.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:47 AM
Looks sweet! check out www.rcdori.com. Its nothing but R/C Drift. I also drift a tt01. ill put some pics up when i finish my s15

-Adam

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:53 AM
Hmmm, a co-worker gave me one of those last year. Guess I should dust it off and see what it'll do.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:49 AM
dubduce18s wrote:That looks awesome. I was in the parking lot of the local grocery store, and some guy was playing with his RC car. They actually haul some ass.

Do you have any plans for it?

dan

Well after i put in the esc and the prop shaft, im not really sure what else to do. It came with full bearings, the heatsink, and the shocks.
Its just a drifter so its pretty much ready to go. I may put a different body on it, and maybe a slightly lower turn motor in the future.

Jeremy, I think the lancer looks much better after your spray job.

GaRsNoW wrote:Looks sweet! check out www.rcdori.com. Its nothing but R/C Drift. I also drift a tt01. ill put some pics up when i finish my s15

I'd love so see some pics of your TT-01, keep me updated!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:16 PM
where do you buys these tihngs at?

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:13 PM
I've had a tt-01 for a while.

It's a fun little starter car that can take a beating!

I got the r34 skyline body and I just recently bought a rx8 body. Got some diff. wheels. Black of course.

I havn't used it in a while, mainly because the battery connector shorted on my XRS E speed controller.

I have a 17 turn motor (forget the brand, but it's a ball bearing motor), tamiya driveshaft, bearings, diff pinion gears,
aluminum front knuckles (broke the stock ones ) and a couple other things.

pics later.

Friday, June 23, 2006 8:48 PM
C.e.E-J.a.Y wrote:where do you buys these tihngs at?

I bought mine on ebay. There are a lot of shops online though, check out tower hobbies among others.

teh Sunfires... (Tom) wrote:I've had a tt-01 for a while.

It's a fun little starter car that can take a beating!

I got the r34 skyline body and I just recently bought a rx8 body. Got some diff. wheels. Black of course.

I havn't used it in a while, mainly because the battery connector shorted on my XRS E speed controller.

I have a 17 turn motor (forget the brand, but it's a ball bearing motor), tamiya driveshaft, bearings, diff pinion gears,
aluminum front knuckles (broke the stock ones ) and a couple other things.

pics later.

Pics!

Friday, June 23, 2006 10:33 PM
I have a hpi rs4 pro2 (electric on road), hpi rs4 3 ss (gas on road), and my baby a Traxxas Revo(gas Monster truck). I used to be an electric man but when I didnt have to charge batteries but just add fuel i turned into a nitro kinda guy. Yes maintenence is a lot more on nitro but I actually like taking them apart more than driving. I used to have a lot more vehicles but got rid of them. Had a team associated rc10t3, traxxas rustler, traxxas sledgehammer, traxxas t-maxx, and hpi rs4mt. I plan on getting rid of my electric on road and getting a gas stadium truck sometime.
Friday, June 23, 2006 11:05 PM
Heres a pic of all 3 of my rc cars together. The trans am is the nitro on road and the s2000 is the electric and everyone can tell which is the monster truck.

Heres my electric onroad the hpi rs4 pro2. I temporarily stole the receiver and servo from it. It has quite a bit of graphite on it. I have a tempest max esc and 8 turn trinity p-94

Heres my nitro onroad the hpi rs4 3 SS. Everything is pretty much the same as it came. Havent had money to put many upgrades into this. Next will be new engine for it.

Last is my favorite out of all of them. This is the Traxxas Revo Monster Truck. I put a Os .18tm and cant keep the front wheels on the ground. Havent had to do many hop ups to this truck. Great vehicle the way it is. Just Engine and changed oil weight in shocks.

All vehicles have their war wounds and I beat the hell out of them.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 3:07 AM
jesus you guys are hardcore.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 12:01 PM
ive been looking for a chassis for a AE86 body, were did u get yours?

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236703
Saturday, June 24, 2006 6:23 PM
How it sits currently

Both the rx8 and skyline

Back of the skyline, pre wing and mirrors. (skyline emblem may be on incorrectly, but eh)

Stock chassis, before it was run.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 6:35 PM
Where is a good place to go online to get a beginer kit car like those. I've always wanted to get something better than the tyco's I grew up with.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 7:09 PM
My local store has better prices than ebay.
Here's their webpage.
Ultimatehobbies.com

plan to spend around $200 to get you started on a tt-01

Saturday, June 24, 2006 9:15 PM
I am a fan of www.towerhobbies.com and www.stormerhobbies.com. I also buy locally at hobbytown usa for parts.
Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:10 AM
I have a question for you RC Nuts. What is the best for drifting? Simply a RWD car or an AWD car?

Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:12 AM
Heres my mini t when it was brand new alot of changes have gone on with it but just havent snapped any pics recently

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Sunday, June 25, 2006 8:06 AM
i can't believe how much time/effort/money people put in to RC cars nowadays. they're cool and all, i just don't get it though. i'd rather have a real car.

GO PATS!!!
Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:04 AM

It's my Savage 4.6 SS. Sweet truck, gobs of power and it's pretty much indestructible Go nitro!

Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:20 AM
Awd seems to be better on the rc cars for drifting. Not really sure which vehicles are good drifters cause thats not my thing. I do know hpi sells a drift kit for my on road gas car. The Hpi rs4 3 SS. Or any rs4 3 they have. www.radiocontrolzone.com is a good forum website to see what people are talking about. Also RC Car action is a good magazine to check out reviews on vehicles.
Monday, June 26, 2006 7:37 AM
My first rc car was a traxxas RTR car, was fun, and could hit around 50, but when I floored it on a straight road, it hit a @!#$ rock, hit the curb. The front left wheel was broken, the axle was broken, the tube was dented, and the opening bent to almost closed off. The engine didn't start ever again, sold it for $75. I tooled on that thing though, it hit a sewer cap once that was a little off the ground, did 3 flips, landed right side up, and I drove it back to my feet. Tough car until it hits a curb at 50.

A fun thing was driving it on the highway next to my car (as a friend was driving), cars passed us looking at what we were doing, some even slowed down to follow us for a little. 2 friends in another car were filming, It was awesome.

My current buggy is a HPI 1/5 Baja 5B:

Does my pretty well, new tires, new exhaust, and an insane custom made heatsink.

Monday, June 26, 2006 7:45 AM
I forgot to add this:

Ive been thinking about getting into electric cars. nitro is expensive, and as some of you know it is a bitch to keep these things clean (especially off road times), maintenence is a joke, I soemtimes wonder why they put random plastic pertrusions in the middle of nowhere,

Anwyway, could anyone suggest a DIY kit for a begginner electric car? On road would be nice.

Monday, June 26, 2006 1:41 PM
zook that is a $1000 buggy you are driving. Thats also a 2 stroke that runs on gasoline so its not really counted as a nitro vehicle. How is that buggy. I would love to have one but i could never spend that much on one rc car and it just came out so maybe soon enough it will drop in price.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search