Traded my Cobalt SS/SC--- New car pics inside :) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Traded my Cobalt SS/SC--- New car pics inside :)
Monday, June 19, 2006 4:48 PM
I pick the car up at 11:00 tommorrow.

1997 Corvette Black/Black Glass Top
The car has 90k on her, but has a great service history and runs great, i've tested the car for lengthy drives and she is really solid. I drove C5 in high school (my dads) so I knew what to look for. Plus I get parts cheaper than dealers, and I plan on rebuilding this motor anyways. The dealer also included a warranty.

The second thing is the transmission, an auto But again it's not an issue with me because I plan on putting in a richmond trans, I had one in my C4 vette and I swear by them. So it will be a short lived auto.

I missed the rwd and V-8. There's no other way to go in my opinion. I always told myself I would own a c5 one day, the sooner I get going on this thing the sooner I can build the car of my dreams. I want to make this look like a lemans car on the street. Time to start working on it. I really think corvettes started getting "great" with the C5, my previous C4 is junk in comparison. On to the pics:

Re: Traded my Cobalt SS/SC--- New car pics inside
Monday, June 19, 2006 4:52 PM
I hate you that's freaking awesome!

Monday, June 19, 2006 4:54 PM
You go through cars like toilet paper

Monday, June 19, 2006 4:57 PM
MikeGT wrote:You go through cars like toilet paper

I understand what your saying But I've always been a vette fanatic, and this was my dream car since early high school. I can afford it now and didn't think I could this soon so I wasted no time.

Tommorrow is going to be a fun day.

Monday, June 19, 2006 5:15 PM
Have fun with it!

Monday, June 19, 2006 5:27 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hope this is a joke!

PLEASE TELL ME IT IS?

You didn't trade the SS, i love, in right?

Monday, June 19, 2006 5:33 PM
your missing a knob on the radio

lol

if i was gonna get a C5 ida got a 00-higher , the were when all the right changes were getting worked out

plus the HUD is a fun thing

first change would be the wheels

they are nice , and youll enjoy it like crazy

sucks to see the cav go

Monday, June 19, 2006 9:42 PM
^^^don't you mean Cobalt?

Have fun with the 'vette.

Monday, June 19, 2006 10:17 PM
Dude I swear, you get a new sweet kick ass car at least 1-2 times a year.

Monday, June 19, 2006 10:29 PM
a auto why? other than that its nice oh can u get me the paint code?

Monday, June 19, 2006 11:22 PM
i can't believe you traded in that beautiful cobalt after putting all that work into it! i mean, i guess in most peoples' world, the vette is a big step up, but man, the cobalt still had so much potential. But i guess I can forgive you for this if that thing ends up with a turbo or two

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Monday, June 19, 2006 11:48 PM
I've gone through about 6 cars in the last 4 years but none of them were awesome cars, lucky!

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 4:10 AM
Well damn, didn't see that comming. Atleast you traded up.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 4:52 AM
damn man you suck lol.... hott though. hope you get that auto outta there asap, big turn off for me. i am sure it will be awsome. I wanna do the same thing as you some day, cept with a c6. Which will work out since i just graduated HS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/oyyci
http://photobucket.com/albums/d170/Oyyci/
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:26 AM
Nooooooooooooooooo mannnnnnn, lol.. dammit you sold the Balt!! Oh well, congrats on the new car man..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:55 AM
I can't believe they put the same radio and shift knob in that as in the Cavy.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 7:18 AM
REDGOTE wrote:I can't believe they put the same radio and shift knob in that as in the Cavy.

Rob

why not? most radios for GM are the same

I would of at least got a red Vette and what do you plan to drive in the winter? and 90K on a 97 holy crap I think my moms 96 C4 only has 80,000 something on it

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 7:27 AM
CodeRedZ24 (aka Geeds) wrote:
REDGOTE wrote:I can't believe they put the same radio and shift knob in that as in the Cavy.

Rob

why not? most radios for GM are the same

I would of at least got a red Vette and what do you plan to drive in the winter? and 90K on a 97 holy crap I think my moms 96 C4 only has 80,000 something on it

Im in southern california from oct-march every year so I won't be around snow.

On my way to the dealer in about 30 minutes..

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 7:38 AM
I wanna see video and more pics lol. Nice purchase! I'm sure you'll have a whole bunch more fun in this than the cobalt. Although the balt was bada$$. Is this gonna be your daily driver or will the C4?

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:49 AM
Best move you could've done, getting rid of the econocrap Cobalt and getting in a real car.lol Nothing beats RWD V8 if you want performance. The car looks mint and you are going to so have so much much fun with it. Absolutely beautiful man!!

A heads up, I believe that year there was an issue on the fuel pump (not exactly sure what was the problem) but keep an eye out for it.

Congratulations on the sweet ride, this is a car I would like to see what you'll do. Those Euro-tail lights look good.

BTW I still have a set of stainless steel mess grille (new and never been used) that goes where the break cooling duct goes. Never got to put it on my Z06. If you are interest, PM me bro.

Now I miss mines. lol
Enjoy!

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:18 AM
yeah I think 90K on a vette is alot for a 97, I'm wondering if they drove it during the winter.. good call though.. (just remove the dealer sticker asap!!) I hate advertising for companies, unless they plan on paying me for it.

**changes are here**

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:43 AM
oh yeah and get new wheels either Z06 wheels or C6 wheels

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:54 AM
cobalt ss s/c > corvette

yea right, nice buy

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 3:32 PM
Seriously...I dont know why everybody is bashing the auto. Set up right with a nice stall they can/will be faster than manual vettes.

Heres a recent video of a local 99 C5 AUTO...... Bolt on's, stall (YANK PT4000 stall ), cam'd, small shot of spray...

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/kssinbooth/HIGH_RES_VETTE/GLD%205_23_06/?action=view¤t=MOV04146.flv

The car F*ing MOVES!!! He was running 10.9's last year without spay and a few other small things. I'd prefer the auto over the manual....especially if youre going to be driving it on the street often. Trying to hold down a solid stage 3 clutch in traffic sucks @$$!!

RE Audio
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 4:01 PM
The announcer said 99 corvette LS1. They are LS1's in that year? I thought they were LS2's. Well I guess they would be an LS1 since the LS2 just came out didn't it? Thats a serious question. I really dont know.

Anyways, on topic. Wheres the pictures of you picking up the freaking car!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search