Decisions Decisions - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Decisions Decisions
Monday, June 19, 2006 6:11 AM
A little background first. I'm military stationed at Barksdale AFB in Louisiana. I got orders to go to germany so I put up my 1991 Z28 camaro for sale because I couldn't ship it. Then my orders got cancelled so I didn't sell it. Well the car was still up for sale on a website.

I had the car for sale for $4,500. That way they could talk me down a little to around 4,000 and I would pretty much break even maybe make a few bucks on what I paid for the car. So a guy e-mails me and tells me he is interested. He asks for more pictures and details to I sent him some. He e-mails me and tells me he wants the car but he wants me to deliver it. He will give me $5,000 cash if I deliver it. I need to deliver it but its about 2.5 hours from my parents house which I wanted to go visit anyways. So i'd make out like a bandit and he's going to give me a deposit to make sure I don't get stiffed on the drive.

Here's the decisions. The car is sweet and I love it but it needs a few things. We just recently refinanced our explorer so our payment was cut WAY down. If I sell my camaro there is a car for sale here on the lot on base for $8,000. Its around a late 80's corvette. White, auto 98k original miles and the guy has owned it for 10 years. It is a VERY clean car. So i'd still be sticking with a SBC. What do you think?

Re: Decisions Decisions
Monday, June 19, 2006 7:26 AM
No way, i think that thing is beautiful

Monday, June 19, 2006 8:10 AM
Keep the Camaro.

Monday, June 19, 2006 8:12 AM
IMO, it depends on what body style you like, Camaro? or Corvette? Although how much money have you put into your Camaro?

Monday, June 19, 2006 10:11 AM
If theres a chance you are gonna get shipped out any time soon, then I'd say sell it and buy a cheap motorcycle. You'll save some money on buying a new car and on top of that you'll be getting a grand more then what you wanted for the car.

"Louis, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child,
that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue
with a pervert" -- Peter Griffin
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 3:48 PM
I'd either keep the Camaro, or sell it and deal with 1 vehicle if it feasible.

Just my thoughts though.

RIP CPL Brian St.Germain (SAINT), Semper Fidelis

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:23 PM
I say keep the camaro.. It's such a sweet car..

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - sold
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:33 PM
vette

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:30 PM
Id definitley stick with the camaro
that thing is sexy

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:04 PM
late 80's vettes are slow and ugly and the suspension is very rough.

Best Time 15.917 at 86.86MPH

Thursday, June 22, 2006 6:32 PM
maro

-Borsty

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search