one clean S-10 w/350 *PICS* - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
one clean S-10 w/350 *PICS*
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:45 PM
well I've been searching here and there for a new car after totaling my tiburon. found this today. It's an 86 s-10 with a 350 and a turbo 350 trans. Im not sure what all is done to the motor nor does the seller, it has a edelbrock carb and intake mani and what seems to be a mild cam other than that the rest is unknown. the dealer picked it up at an auction, he wants $5000. seems a little high but this thing has been put on a rotesserie and fully went through frame and all, who ever did it did it right. I've had my boss and two other guys from the shop check it out and they are all very impressed as am I. Im going tomorrow to test drive it and deal the price down.

The wheels will be the first thing to go, as well as the wheel well chrome and the bumpers (get a roll pan). also will get a mild drop and rake, it will get mostly just motor and suspension work though.

what do you guys think??

View my MySpace

Re: one clean S-10 w/350 *PICS*
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:54 PM
Good choice man I hope you plan on dropping it more and some wheels/tires.

Had to change sig because some dickhead is mad it went 1 letter over size
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:04 PM
yeah I wrote more at the bottom, I wonder if vette wheels would fit?? maybe some nice black ZO6 rims, just a thought I have to buy it first. Im heading to UPS and USPS tommorow to check the headers shipping price off the tibby, I'll pm you.

View my MySpace
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:33 PM
firebug wrote:yeah I wrote more at the bottom, I wonder if vette wheels would fit?? maybe some nice black ZO6 rims, just a thought I have to buy it first. Im heading to UPS and USPS tommorow to check the headers shipping price off the tibby, I'll pm you.

LoL thanks man I'll be running around all afternoon..

I got a job interview with a place for installing cat5 cable and such for home entertainment systems and businesses in the afternoon.. Then dentist appointment after that woohoo a bridge and 4 crowns.. Then a @!#$ business meeting that evening and I get to repeat interivews and meetings Friday too.. So much for relaxing on my days off.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 6:40 AM
i don't think vette wheels have the same bolt pattern or backspacing... there may be adapters available, but its not like the S10 is lacking in aftermarket wheel selection... I like the older S10, that one just needs a drop, better wheels, tub the back, and slap on a turbo about the size of a basketball, and you're good to go

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:15 AM
3rd gen f body rims should fit, they fit on newer sdimes

-Borsty
Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:33 AM
Looks like a sweet truck. I didn't know you totaled your Tiburon. What happened?

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:42 AM
nice the wheels themselves aren't bad just the tires and the hieght of the truck throw it off.

i agree vette wheels would look nice on there. good luck with it

Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:04 PM
yea vette wheels will work, and where are u located, and how much will you sell me the smoothies for if u get the truck? lol.

www.s10forum.com

give that a look if u get the truck

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:22 PM
I took it for a test drive today. the brakes are a little spongy but nothing a little maintenance won't take care of. other than that it runs super smooth and drives great. we came to a deal, then he said it had a salvaged title. I had asked one of the mechanics there if it had a clean title and he said yes. but its all good, would have took it home tonight but the bank was super busy. I don't even know if they will even loan that much money on that old of a truck with that many miles on a salvaged title, they said they would but that was before they knew it had a bad title. they go by numbers not condition of the truck.

on a side note I was driving home and seen an 06 SS/SC cobalt. went in to take a look at it and the sells men asked if I wanted to test drive it. I did but he drove it off the lot. this guy was a nut!!! he was flying down a side street and almost slamed into the back of this old man. then got on another side street and did the same thing again!!! I hopped in, he said "drive it like you own it" right on. this thing was weak, I know that my tibby could have taken it. I really expected a lot more out of it.

doesn't look like much, but went out with almost 10k in damage

View my MySpace
Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:39 PM
10k in damage, damn, did it bend the frame and the rad supports? had to have for that much.

-Borsty

Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:27 PM
5k is way too much for that old of a truck with a salvage title. they make swap kits for them as far as mounts, rad, etc

find out about the suspenion on it as wel.. and the drive train.. if its a stock rear end or not. etc.

Friday, June 16, 2006 4:32 PM
I found a tubed one on racing junk for less then that a little while back. I think you need to keep looking aorund. It's not bad looking but I wouldn't pay more then 2.5k for it and that's pushing it considering it doesn't have much done to it motor wise.
Friday, June 16, 2006 5:07 PM
John H [Cavalierkid wrote:]5k is way too much for that old of a truck with a salvage title. they make swap kits for them as far as mounts, rad, etc

find out about the suspenion on it as wel.. and the drive train.. if its a stock rear end or not. etc.

I don't think it's too much.. Depending on time and labor that went in to repairs and the conversion it's not bad at all.. Also keep in mind the year of the truck and depending on the motor it had in it before it could of been totalled out for having the bumper smashed in hood and fenders with no other damage.. So if the value of the truck is say 1500 and the damage was 2-3k with labor since labor is what rapes you not parts then it is logical.

It's like a older cav the value is so low on them 2k in damage will usually total them out and lets be real thats like a crushed bumper and support broken lights and slighted bent hood.

Friday, June 16, 2006 10:18 PM
^^ exactly what I was thinking. they bank said no to a loan, its probabaly for the best. would have been fun though. Im looking at a 240sx for $2500 now.

View my MySpace
Saturday, June 17, 2006 6:46 AM
^ just sold mine for 1500.... for 2500 u can prob find a 95 s14. hell i got my 93 coupe for 600

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Saturday, June 17, 2006 7:36 AM
You can always get a personal loan. Then you use the money for whatever.

Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:27 AM
all that truck needed as a drop with a rake

Saturday, June 17, 2006 12:58 PM
well Im over the s10, went and test drove the 240sx. it runs great, the only thing is the body work and paint job sucks but I work at a body shop so it will get a new paint job as soon as I get it. it has an injen intake, full Tanabe coil overs, 3" apexi exhaust. Im pretty sure Im getting it. if I do I will post some pics

View my MySpace
Saturday, June 17, 2006 4:52 PM
i'd stay with a newer vehicle if possible. I had an older vehicle like that with a 350, built up and i got about 10mpg on a good day. One thing to consider.

**Wow, you know what? One t ime, I got a phone call, from a telemarketer! And they were like OMGWTFBBQ do you wanna buy car insurance? And I was like LMAOTTYLOMGWTF no! This ish is crazy!!!**
Saturday, June 17, 2006 5:10 PM
Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear wrote:i'd stay with a newer vehicle if possible. I had an older vehicle like that with a 350, built up and i got about 10mpg on a good day. One thing to consider.

eh, I'd take performance over mpg any day

View my MySpace

Monday, June 19, 2006 1:54 PM
performance over mpg..until you got tired of always refueling lol..... and thats why i have my trans am and a cavalier.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search