anyone have any experience with chevy colorados? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
anyone have any experience with chevy colorados?
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:39 PM
im thinking of getting a new truck, and have it narrowed down to a toyota tacoma or a chevy colorado. im gonna go test drive a colorado tommorrow, but still want to know what colorado owners have to say on it, for insance its build quality over time, how bad does it rattle and stuff??

i drove a tacoma today and it was awsome, amazing build quality, lots of power from the 2.7L engine, nice truck all around.

oh yeah, im looking for a 2wd colorado with the 2.8L 5 speed

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)

Re: anyone have any experience with chevy colorado
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:47 PM
i have an 05 5 speed I5 4x4 and love it. 27k miles so far and no rattles or whatnot. tacomas are nice trucks, just a little too much money for me.

women are like cars you have to test drive the new one before you trade in the old one
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:58 PM
check out Colorado Fans

I'm picking up an '06 Reg Cab I5 2wd auto this weekend. I'm getting the auto because my commute to work is a lot of stop and go, and I'm tired of working and clutch. And I get a nice discount, as I work at a Chevy dealer.

Lifes too short to drink cheap beer.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 4:24 AM
well the tacoma i looked at is within 500 bucks of the colorado i priced up. basically, option wise the only difference i would have between the two is that the tacoma would come wiht an am/fm/cd radio where the colorado would just have an am/fm, and the colorado would have cruise. so each of em has their ups and downs. and i love the interior and exterior styling of both trucks. guess i'll just have to see how the colorado feels on me when i test drive one tonight

Hail Satan

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 5:30 AM
I have a friend with a TRD extened cab tacoma and another friend with a Colorado. Both trucks are really nice. If I had to choose between the two I would go with the toyota simply because its a toyota.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:47 PM
24zeta wrote:If I had to choose between the two I would go with the toyota simply because its a toyota.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 1:19 PM
I have a 2004 ZQ8 Colorado with the 3.5 I5 if you want power I wouldn't go for the 2.8 go for the 3.5

heres a pic of mine though it has a few mods to it

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 4:34 PM
^HOT!

Creative Draft
Creative Draft Member
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 5:16 PM
yeah, definatley nice truck there.

well i test drove a regular cab red colorado 5 speed with the 2.8L engine and I was impressed, nice power,
great handling, and not a dash rattle in sight. the interior was a little boring and id have to install my own cd player
but overall nice truck...so im still undecided...i guess it comes up to which one winds up being lower monthly payments

Hail Satan

Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:33 AM
i would get the Colorado it looks nicer and i no a few people with them and never had a proplem with them and they love them. i wouldint get a truck just because it says toyota thats just really stupid. toyota has proplems also in there cars just as much as chevy. i no 2 people with toyotas with proplems. aunts 2003 rav 4 L oil was leaking. 2002 4 runner SR5 sport edition recall on the ball joints being bad. so picking a car for its name is stupid as hell.
Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:51 AM

I would get the Colorado simply for the cruise control.

My Cav doesn't have it and I drive 80 miles a day (when not riding the bike) and its really not very fun.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:50 AM
thnx for the comments on my colorado

heres another pic

I can't for the magnacharger S/C to come out for the 3.5 hehe

Thursday, June 15, 2006 11:59 AM
i'm torn...this here makes a lot of sense...

SpcmnSpff302 (The Link Master) wrote:
24zeta wrote:If I had to choose between the two I would go with the toyota simply because its a toyota.

my wife's toyota corolla is has 50k more miles and 4 years over my cavalier and the quality of everything is still so much higher

but so does this...

yenkosuprcar wrote:I would get the Colorado simply for the cruise control.

My Cav doesn't have it and I drive 80 miles a day (when not riding the bike) and its really not very fun.

the 3 weeks my cav was in the shop when i got rearended i had a cobalt with no cruise. it sucked SOOO bad....i only have to drive 20 miles to work but it still killed my ankle to hold it. and a lot of trucks, the foot position is even more uncomfortable than most cars...

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, June 15, 2006 1:21 PM
i rarely use my cruise control in my truck usually only if i'm on a long trip

Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:50 PM
@!#$ a tacoma

-Borsty
Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:09 PM
I was gonna get a fully loaded 4x4 extended cab before I chose the first Cavi I had. They are my favorite looking trucks but I thought they just looked cheap on the inside. I hated the dash (however, I have never seen a modded interior on a colorado, so my opinion might change if one was modded). We test drove one (I didn't drive because I didn't have my lisence then) and thought it rode way too harsh for a small truck, though it was a 4x4 (which I have driven many of my parents different trucks and this was by far the worst riding one). I say it is a good truck for the money, as long as you have some more money to make it a little better.

Friday, June 16, 2006 5:54 AM
thatsfunny because my colorados ride compares to my dads envoy he says. my roomate has a maxima and my truck rides smoother and tighter than it. i guess everyone is entitled to their own views though.

women are like cars you have to test drive the new one before you trade in the old one
Friday, June 16, 2006 6:18 AM
Borsty wrote:@!#$ a tacoma

Yeah!! @!#$ something that has a higher resale value, has a better fit n finish, and will last longer!

Friday, June 16, 2006 8:26 AM
i like the interior in my colorado I'm actually keepign it as is

there are several guys who have glassed thier dashs or just painted them heres a pic of the first colorado to chop the top

extrerior i'm not big on his wheels but I give him major props on the rest

Friday, June 16, 2006 9:34 AM
Ya, that one is pretty awesome and yours is nice too. I still kind of want one because I seriously love the way they look either slammed or lifted. For the price of a base colorado I could get a barely used silverado or something and be much happier. The dash just looks weird to me, like it is too curved and that makes it stick out and the center is too small or something. Oh well, I would take one.

Friday, June 16, 2006 9:46 AM
well with me it was either 04 colorado or 04 GTO (yes I know most will say "you should of got the GTO")

but the reason for the colorado was it was more practical even though I've modded it I still haul stuff in the bed and all

Friday, June 16, 2006 2:34 PM
I prefer the look of the colorado, however you can't go wrong with either
Monday, June 19, 2006 12:09 AM
I test drove a Ford Ranger ( 4 cylinder 5 speed), Toyota Tacoma (4 cylinder 5 speed), and the Chevy Colorado (4 cylinder 5 speed). The Tacoma felt like a car to me. REAL smooth ride and decent power from the 4 cylinder, but I want a truck, not a car. I won't even talk about the Ranger it was soo bad. I drove the Colorado and it rode like a truck, and the 4 cylinder had more power down low than what the Toyota 4 cylinder had.

So, I bought a 2006 Chevy Colorado 2.8L 4 cylinder 5 speed regular cab.

The only thing I would change if I could do it over again is to get the 3.73 rear end. Mine has the 3.42 which is GREAT for highway gas mileage (34 mpg) but it sucks when I am towing a small load.

The 2.8L 4 cylinder is decent for just running around town, doing highway trips, and doing minor pulling. HOWEVER, if you plan on doing any kind of moderate towing or if you want performance out of the truck then definately get the 5 cylinder.

I'm extremely pleased with my truck. It's a 2006 that I bought in September, but it already has 20,500 miles on it!!

91 Cav "GT"<-- R.I.P.
91 Cavalier Wagonstein - Turbocharged wagon goodness
You can take my rifle when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search