Real Street Drags Vid - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Real Street Drags Vid
Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:34 AM
Just some video of a local mustang at RSD here at Great Lakes Dragaway. RSD is pretty much what it says....street drags. They run clocks off (drivers still get a slip...spectators dont see times though.......it helps for when B.S.'ing yourslef into a race when nobody can see what you ran) most of the time for money. You can even race with a few cars lengths lead off the start and the hit if your work your race out that way. Its pretty neat...sometimes they even do the oldschool flag man to start the races.

Anyway...this is the type of stuff running around on the STREETS here...YES he drives it on the street. There are a few othere stangs around that are faster too...and a few F-bodys that are right around the same range.

Dyno run.....was spinning the tires on the dyno this run..you can hear it too
http://media.putfile.com/SMOKDU

Racing a maro fo $1k...yes $1,000 dollars. Thats how it works at RSD. You wanna call somebody out....you better have $$$$$.
He gets treed (still not used to the trans brake) but pulls out the win. Races are heads up style...as long as you dont redlight....whoever crosses the finish line first wins...reguardless of E.T.
http://media.putfile.com/100_0358-76

* recorded on my digital camera...no zoom while filming...sorry..lol

It's a great time.....they are actually trying to make a T.V. series out of this. I even have a vid of the dude from the show "Pinks" running his T/A. BTW...thats their dyno set-up.

RE Audio

Re: Real Street Drags Vid
Sunday, June 11, 2006 10:20 AM
I have the latest quicktime and get just sound so idk why... but soudns cool anyway

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, June 11, 2006 10:59 AM
I didn't realize you live so close to me

Sunday, June 11, 2006 2:12 PM
Yup...you're just on the other side of the toll both.

RE Audio
Sunday, June 11, 2006 2:22 PM
hahah yeah

Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:10 PM
Cool, we don't have any events like that here. But if you know where to look that kinda thing goes on, on the street any night of the week. DFW has some of the craziest street cars around.

What is the mustang running low 10's ???

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:12 PM
It was running low 9's in that vid (the entire night).......it has more in it too

RE Audio
Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:39 PM
damn, I didnt even know RSD's started up on Sat nights....... thats awsome since I could never make Thursday nights......

I've seen that yellow mustang a few times...... glad I never tried to mess with it

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:53 PM
I might be headed out to GLD this wednesday couple guys form work are going, 06 GTI with some minor work, stock 06 GTI, an evo, and the dude who last year set the record for fastest 1st gen MR2 in the country, hes bringing it out for the first time just to get a feel for the new setup, not going all out yet but its setup to beat the 1 1st gen in austrailia thats fater then him. Its not for sure that were going yet though, anyone know if theres an event that night or just test and tune/fun run

Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:39 PM
FYI:
Quote:

Wednesday, June 14th:
Fun Racing-Feature Car Nite /Jet Show 6pm - 11pm.

This week's Featured Vehicle is "FORD". All Fords/Mustangs get a $5.00 discount. Look for a different featured vehicle each Wednesday at GLD!
Featured Jet Dragsters:
Chicago RUSH
Chicago RUSH Gen II
Damn Yankee
Rock N Roll Thunder

Let me know how the GTI's do...... my brother's '06 ran a best of 14.8....... that was stock....... now he's added the Nuespeed intake, not sure whats on the list next.

Monday, June 12, 2006 8:11 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:damn, I didnt even know RSD's started up on Sat nights....... thats awsome since I could never make Thursday nights......

I've seen that yellow mustang a few times...... glad I never tried to mess with it

There another Blue one....86ish thats even a little quicker.
They are always up at Oscars on hwy.

RE Audio

Monday, June 12, 2006 8:58 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:

Let me know how the GTI's do...... my brother's '06 ran a best of 14.8....... that was stock....... now he's added the Nuespeed intake, not sure whats on the list next.

high 14's is right out of a stock one, he ran the modded one once already, H&R coilovers, GIAC chip and removed the rear mufler and put a straight pipe in its place and he ran a 14.2 with a manual trans

Monday, June 12, 2006 9:44 AM
Thats where I've seen them........ except for the yellow one, we did some work on it while I worked at CVS....... some white face gauges......

Dark..... thats cool...... I told him to be happy with 14's..... exp. for a stock car.

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:34 PM
hoping to make it up to gld for one of the import wars again this year

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search