Fiero COnvertible? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fiero COnvertible?
Saturday, June 10, 2006 11:24 AM
Did they ever actually sell them?

I was watching part of China O'brien 2 and i saw a black 2 seat convertible it didn't show any fullc ar shots but I though the interior looked like a fiero and the rear tails section came down like the fiero before 88

i did a quick search online and foudn sites for conversions but was just curious if there was a real fiero convertible out there?

http://b-bspyder.com/FieroConvertibles.html

that would be a fiero i'd have to buy

Re: Fiero COnvertible?
Saturday, June 10, 2006 11:27 AM
thats the first one i ever seen

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, June 10, 2006 11:49 AM
haha, Im watching the same show right now.

View my MySpace
Saturday, June 10, 2006 12:48 PM
I thought all the fieros caught on fire on the side of the road years ago?

Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:33 PM
Cable wrote:I thought all the fieros caught on fire on the side of the road years ago?

Nope. Some of them caught fire in the driveway. I know my uncle's did. Right next to the house, too.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:38 PM
Back in the day when I was a teenager a couple of my buddies were trippin balls on like 6 hits each, the fiero they were driving started filling up with smoke; they stopped got out, it started BLAZING and they just quietly walked away it burnt to the frame.

Disclaimer: I do not endorce Doing Acid, Driving on Acid, Leaving your burning car unattended, or leaving your burning car unattended on acid.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:53 PM
fieros are still @!#$ hardcore. hardcore fireballs, but hardcore nonetheless.

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Saturday, June 10, 2006 5:53 PM
Jesus...

1984 Fiero 2M4's had a stop lamp wire that was routed a little too close to the exhaust manifold and it would smoke or catch fire if it was subjected to prolonged exposure.

ALL Fieros made in 1984 underwent a recall to fix the issue, which was bascially wrapping a piece of heat reflective insulation around the wire. Subsequent models didn't have this problem because the wiring was re-routed.

Geeds: There were no convertable Fieros sold by GM. There were some companies that sold a kit to make it convertable, but they usually involved cutting into structural portions of the car, and that's not a great idea, especially in a rear-engined vehicle.

RIP CPL Brian St.Germain (SAINT), Semper Fidelis

Sunday, June 11, 2006 12:59 AM
there was a vert fiero indy pace car on ebay recently

Sunday, June 11, 2006 7:12 PM
there were some fieros sold through dealers with a convertable option, much like the t-top cars, there were sent off, made into verts, then sold.

www.fiero.nl

and for those of you who know nothing about fieros, you sound like morons, so stop talking. IE:
Quote:

Sunday, June 11, 2006 7:18 PM
The Convertable option was a safety option...so you could get out faster when it caught on fire. We may sound like morons...but the morons are the majority in this post....and we think it's funny so blah.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:45 PM
My '84 was known to shoot flames out of the engine cover/trunk lid...... but then it did get parked under a pine tree....... It never burnt to the ground though...... but we did leave it on the side of the road.

My father has a 88 Formula...... working on a 3400 engine swap for it....... then strapping a turbo to it.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, June 12, 2006 7:11 AM
^^^ Why not go with a 3800III/SC swap? It's not like it's that much heavier.

RIP CPL Brian St.Germain (SAINT), Semper Fidelis

Monday, June 12, 2006 7:21 AM
Didn't they used to come with BBQ mits for driving gloves ?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, June 12, 2006 8:21 AM
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:^^^ Why not go with a 3800III/SC swap? It's not like it's that much heavier.

3400 is pretty much a straight swap since fieros did come with 60 degree v6s 3800 take a little more effort

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:53 AM
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:^^^ Why not go with a 3800III/SC swap? It's not like it's that much heavier.

It's the engine he chose to go with........ we looked at the 3400, 3800S/C, and SBC swaps...... even had a few SBC's in the garage...... but to keep it a 'driver's car' we chose the 3400 w/ a turbo over the rest. The deciding factors where space and weight.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, June 12, 2006 12:02 PM
I saw a fiero with a Northstar v8 in it at some show once...it was sweet.

Monday, June 12, 2006 6:43 PM
KeithGT wrote:there were some fieros sold through dealers with a convertable option, much like the t-top cars, there were sent off, made into verts, then sold.

www.fiero.nl

and for those of you who know nothing about fieros, you sound like morons, so stop talking. IE:
Quote:

seriously. i hate it when ignorant people spread more @!#$ like this. I know quite a few caught on fire, but not all years had that problem (from what i hear) so why spread all this @!#$. its just like the dsmcrankwalk problem, it was only 7 bolt motors, and it has ANYWERE as bad a problem as people say.
ignorant people need to shut the @!#$ up.
Monday, June 12, 2006 7:17 PM
Quote:

and it has ANYWERE as bad a problem as people say.

?

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:42 AM
KeithGT wrote:there were some fieros sold through dealers with a convertable option, much like the t-top cars, there were sent off, made into verts, then sold.

www.fiero.nl

Quote:

ooooo... touchy touchy... smdb

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:44 AM
Kyle Kurtz wrote:

www.fiero.nl

Quote:

seriously. i hate it when ignorant people spread more @!#$ like this. I know quite a few caught on fire, but not all years had that problem (from what i hear) so why spread all this @!#$. its just like the dsmcrankwalk problem, it was only 7 bolt motors, and it has ANYWERE as bad a problem as people say.
ignorant people need to shut the @!#$ up.

Anybody who took that post as a potential factual statement needs their HEAD EXAMINED.

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY.

there I said it... now its not funny anymore... HAPPY NOW?

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:47 AM
for those fieros still out there, dont worry, ONstar is offering free service until yours catches on fire, crews are standing by for assistance.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:58 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ Oh now you've gone and done it ! Your sure to get flamed now.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:03 AM
wait; I dont drive a fiero, so no flames here ... heh heh heh

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:09 AM
Where do you think the name came from anyway ?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search