2000 subaru impreza - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2000 subaru impreza
Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:30 PM
im looking at getting a AWD 2000 5 speed subaru impreza, its been t-boned on the passenger side but its been repaired to new. What do u think the pricing should be on the car? i havent talked to him about price yet im doing that tomorow. also do u guys think this would be a good car to get. he told me its a pretty zippy little car.

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236703

Re: 2000 subaru impreza
Thursday, June 08, 2006 4:11 PM
is it a 2.2 or a 2.5 and what is the mileage?
Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:06 PM
i couldnt see it, but im going to look at it and drive it tomorow afternoon

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
Friday, June 09, 2006 4:56 AM
well, depending on mileage and motor, it could be worth anywhere from $3k(for the 2.2) to $7k(with low mileage and the 2.5). here's an idea for you: my 2.5RS with 120k on the clock is worth $6500...and mine has no accident damage whatsoever.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain
Friday, June 09, 2006 5:00 AM
also - get pictures of it.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain
Friday, June 09, 2006 9:09 AM
i cant wait to go test drive it! ill make sure to get some pictures and specs. i feel kind of bad cheating on the good ol Z.....but its in a different area code lol

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
Friday, June 09, 2006 5:19 PM
The cavi is probably faster in a straight line.

Friday, June 09, 2006 6:00 PM
They're good cars. I've always liked the coupes and I wish they would have sold htem here with the turbo motor. But I'd be careful if you plan on modding it. It's my understanding the N/A boxer engines stock internals don't like boost too much. It can be done but from what i've read by the time you do it right you can swap in a turbo EJ20 or whatever it it is that's in the WRX and make more power, and be more reliable.

Friday, June 09, 2006 6:15 PM
If you're a member of myspace, check this out. Although the one you're looking at isn't an STi & is already fixed, it might be helpful to read through this.

I personally wouldn't buy a car knowing it was t-boned, even if it was fixed.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 4:51 AM
ln2johnny wrote:They're good cars. I've always liked the coupes and I wish they would have sold htem here with the turbo motor. But I'd be careful if you plan on modding it. It's my understanding the N/A boxer engines stock internals don't like boost too much. It can be done but from what i've read by the time you do it right you can swap in a turbo EJ20 or whatever it it is that's in the WRX and make more power, and be more reliable.

correct, sir.

the n/a stocker motor hates boost...they tend to blow headgaskets that way. on the upside, if it IS a 2.5RS, he'll have the SOHC, which didn't share the problems that the DOHC from 98 and earlier had.

STi swaps are getting to be so common nowadays that it's almost as easy as doing honda motor swaps in civics. everything is readily available for the swap...and the aftermarket for the car is INSANE.

i <3 my Scoob...

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain
Saturday, June 10, 2006 5:17 AM
I was kind of fond of the WRX that one of the companies in Japan did for Tsukuba. They did a full on twin turbo build and at the time it was the fastest Impreza around. That was kind of impressive.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:39 AM
^^^ with the flat 6?
Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:14 AM
Can't remember. It was on one of those tuner tv shows. Remember the one that the brothers from Twins Turbo had on Spike? I may be mistaken but I think that's thje show I was watching where they had the cat at the Tokyo Auto Salon. Could have been the flat 6, your guess is as good as mine. But I remembered "twin turbo" and "Impreza" in the same sentence and that was all she wrote.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:15 PM
i just read a email and it was talking about a kid who was going down the road at a 150+ and he hit a pot hole and it ripped the back of the car right off!!! the driver was doi

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
Sunday, June 11, 2006 3:18 AM
so uh, details about the car you testdrove yesterday?

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain
Sunday, June 11, 2006 10:03 AM
yeah its a pretty quick car i like the AWD, it sounds great too. Im trying to strike a deal with him, it helps when ur mom delivers parts for autozone he says he'll take 3200 for it. To me that sounds like a good deal cause on kbb.com there 8000 or something like that and that isnt including the wreck.
sorry no pics i forgot the camera

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
Sunday, June 11, 2006 10:10 AM
is it a 2.2 or a 2.5? what trim level? DETAILS, MAN!!!

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain
Monday, June 12, 2006 4:58 AM
ln2johnny wrote:I was kind of fond of the WRX that one of the companies in Japan did for Tsukuba. They did a full on twin turbo build and at the time it was the fastest Impreza around. That was kind of impressive.

this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-Twin-Turbo-3-3l-SVX-Drag-Car_W0QQitemZ4648156536QQcategoryZ31868QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain
Monday, June 12, 2006 5:59 AM
Uh... Yeah, that's probably it. It's a different color than I remember, the one I saw was all done up multicolor with a ton of graphics on it. But damn that's a sick looking ride. If only I had tewnty large.

Monday, June 12, 2006 6:47 PM
lilbit01 wrote:
ln2johnny wrote:They're good cars. I've always liked the coupes and I wish they would have sold htem here with the turbo motor. But I'd be careful if you plan on modding it. It's my understanding the N/A boxer engines stock internals don't like boost too much. It can be done but from what i've read by the time you do it right you can swap in a turbo EJ20 or whatever it it is that's in the WRX and make more power, and be more reliable.

correct, sir.

the n/a stocker motor hates boost...they tend to blow headgaskets that way. on the upside, if it IS a 2.5RS, he'll have the SOHC, which didn't share the problems that the DOHC from 98 and earlier had.

STi swaps are getting to be so common nowadays that it's almost as easy as doing honda motor swaps in civics. everything is readily available for the swap...and the aftermarket for the car is INSANE.

i <3 my Scoob...

my buddy just did a sti swap into his wrx. it was quite pricey. but it is a sleeper. i LOVE subies, the stis respond to mods so well. im a HUGE dsm guy and if i were to buy a new car it would be very very close between the evo9 and sti (evo winning of course but so close its not even funny)
Monday, June 12, 2006 7:23 PM
subarus last longer than mitsus...and are a bit nicer on the interior.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

Monday, June 12, 2006 7:37 PM
lilbit01 wrote:subarus last longer than mitsus...and are a bit nicer on the interior.

LOL well those are nice opinions you have there.
Monday, June 12, 2006 9:58 PM
Kyle Kurtz wrote:
lilbit01 wrote:subarus last longer than mitsus...and are a bit nicer on the interior.

LOL well those are nice opinions you have there.

Facts.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 2:36 AM
heh...sorry, dude, but mitsubishis are pretty shoddy. don't get distracted by the boi racer hood and wing, mmk?

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 6:45 AM
^^^^ What? on either the mitsu or subaru?

Cause they both have the "boy racer" hood and wing.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search