Best Bang For Your Buck? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best Bang For Your Buck?
Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:42 PM
Alright, some of you already know about my experience with almost buying a Mustang but then the title turned up dirty. But I'm going car shopping all weekend, and traveling about 5 hours and stopping almost everywhere in-between. I was wondering about the ORG's opinions on possible options for my new car. I'm looking for something with a little kick to the engine, at least over 150hp, under $18,000, and probably less than 60,000 miles. I'm hooked on the Mustang GT, but there has been some 02+ Eclipses that have caught my eye. I'm just trying to broaden my knowledge, and know what type of cars I should be looking for. Thanks to anyone who helps, and I'll keep everyone posted When I buy my new car.

Re: Best Bang For Your Buck?
Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:57 PM
I would look into a used GTO. May be a bit higher than 18k, but it may be worth it power wise

Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:42 PM
yeah look for a used gto they are sooooo fun to drive

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:31 PM
ls1 6 speed f body. You can pick up one a lot cheaper than 18k. Then with the extra money do bolt on's and gears....

An ls2 gto would be nice, but for that money you'll probably only find an 04 ls1 version, which would still be cool though. I have seen a few 03 cobra's around the 20k mark as well. That would be the only stang I would consider....

check out www.ls1tech.com and do some research
Friday, June 09, 2006 5:11 AM
( SRT 4 )

Friday, June 09, 2006 5:50 AM
.JerseyKid. wrote:( SRT 4 )

^^^ agreed. they literally are the cheapest FAST stock car you can buy.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain
Friday, June 09, 2006 6:15 AM
LS1 Camaro for the win

Or a 3rd gen camaro

Or a second gen Trans Am. Smokey and the bandit style.

Friday, June 09, 2006 7:06 AM
If you can find an 03/04 cobra stang!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A used GTO wouldnt be bad either. It seems like you had your heart set on a mustang so dont rush out and get the first thing you see. It takes time and the right car is out there you just have to be patient.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Friday, June 09, 2006 8:05 AM
i'd get a plymouth reliant j/k. all the ideas mentioned above are great. gto, camaro, mustang cobra. and srt-4 (would be my choice) anyone forget about the cobalt ss?

People say that what doesn't kill you in this life
will make you stronger. I'm not sure if that is true
or not, but i do know one thing-You have to learn from
it and it has to make you better.......it has to.......

Friday, June 09, 2006 8:33 AM
GTOOOOOO MA GOD.

Friday, June 09, 2006 8:38 AM
lilbit01 wrote:

But its a neon.

I would go with an mid nineties C4 corvette.

Friday, June 09, 2006 8:59 AM
yenkosuprcar wrote:
lilbit01 wrote:

But its a neon.

I would go with an mid nineties C4 corvette.

You do realize on the neon fan boys on this site or going to scream at you and say its not a neon its a SRT-4 now dont you?

Friday, June 09, 2006 9:08 AM
4th gen LS1 camaro or T/A hands down!!!!! You can easily find one for under $18k and will hand a SRT-4 and a Mustang GT it's ass.

RE Audio
Friday, June 09, 2006 9:12 AM
well i know in my area ( hopkinsville ) there are 94-98 mustangs all over the place for sell and there all under 6000 but then again there gana have alot of miles on them. i think there would be a used carlot in ur area that has contract cars and there usually cheap

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236703
Friday, June 09, 2006 9:37 AM
ive seen 02 trans ams with less than 30k miles go for well under 18k. Any LS1 6-speed f-body is the way to go IMO.
Friday, June 09, 2006 10:06 AM
i think you should be looking at somethinkg with a little boost here are some of my opinions

mustang GT

GTP

mazda 6

miata?

RX-7

camaro

corvette (you can usually find a nice early 90s for about 15 to 16 with no miles)

VW GTI (if you dont mind the little problems mine runs 12.9 and i paid a total of 16 for everything)

jetta VR6

VIBE GT

MATRIX XRS

CELICA GTS

CIVIC SI

lots of options just look around

PPPSSSS!!!! MMMMMmmmMMM boost=yummy

Friday, June 09, 2006 12:43 PM
I'm sooooo going to get ass raped for this, but...

Tiburon GT. You can get one for $15K maybe less, it has 170hp stock, but there's a decent aftermarket for it, and since the factory warranty is 10yr/100Kmi, you've got a good chance of getting one that still has the warranty. Plus it's a sexy little Korean, just like the models in your favorite tuner magazine.

Friday, June 09, 2006 1:20 PM
^^ that warrenty only goes to the original purchaser ... so he is pretty much screwed on the warrenty part. Also, I dont know if you want to go for class or anything like that ... but what about a used lexus? That sc330 looks hella nice And you know that lexus has a very good reputation out there.

dan

Friday, June 09, 2006 1:33 PM
^ No warranty? Well fukk me runnin'. I just looked at a used Santa Fe for my girlfriend and the window sticker indicated a warranty. So did most of the others on the used lot. Must have just been a dealer thing.

Friday, June 09, 2006 1:41 PM
^^ a buddy of mine just bought a kia optima and the dealership told him there wasnt a warrenty on them. Well, the 10 years or 100k mile warrenty. I might just be a dealer choice. Who knows.

dan

Friday, June 09, 2006 1:48 PM
Of course it turned up dirty ... it was like 12K when the retail is 18.

Come on now.

As for this post ... LS1.

Anything before or after this is irrelevant.

LS1's never blow up;
Spray that puppy... 02 sensors are overrated.

Friday, June 09, 2006 2:48 PM
I too would say an '04 GTO. I bought mine new for $24k, so I would assume you could find one for under $20k.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Friday, June 09, 2006 3:05 PM
dubduce18s wrote:^^ a buddy of mine just bought a kia optima and the dealership told him there wasnt a warrenty on them. Well, the 10 years or 100k mile warrenty. I might just be a dealer choice. Who knows.

dan

Well, I know that a lot of dealerships offer warranties on used cars. Hell, I bought my Cavalier with 106K on the clock and the dealership gave me a warranty on it. It was something like 6mo / 24K miles or something like that but hey, it's better than no warranty. That might be what that dealership is doing but I figured it was just the remainder of the factory warranty. Oh well. Enough thread jacking.

Friday, June 09, 2006 4:48 PM
Go for this its a 91 RS with a LT1 355 swap in it. Look at this frickin car.

Friday, June 09, 2006 4:58 PM
Wow. Every time I see one of those looking that dead sexy it makes me want to forget about the VR4, sell the Cavalier, maybe even sell the Buick just to get one. A lot of my friends in high school had Camaros like that one and I always liked them.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search