2003 hyundai tiburon....... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2003 hyundai tiburon.......
Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:49 AM
gf has a 2003 tibby, and its automatic..... but for anyone that knows these cars, theres also a + and - and she can almost drive it likes its standard, except theres no clutch..........
can someone correct me if im wrong??? i thought triptronic (spelling not correct) had a clutch and switch for when you wanted standard........ but on her car it doesnt have a clutch, so whats this called???? overdrive ?? or what for going up hills and stuff?

Re: 2003 hyundai tiburon.......
Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:03 PM
triptronic or whatever they call it never had a clutch pedel

Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:11 PM

they sound fun, but they're utterly fake...
...like vanilla ice or milli vanilli

for the most part, the only REAL semi-autos are found in Ferraris and Bimmers

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built jeep
Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:20 PM
Autostick =

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:45 PM
so its triptronic???

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:40 PM
Yes, it is. And it's also gay.

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - sold
Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:13 PM
yeah it doesnt shift like a stick shift...trust me, i drove a LS with one for the longest time, and when it doesnt want to shift, it wont, no matter how much you tell it to

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:47 PM
its the same tiptronic system that came out of the porsche boxster a few years ago.
only hyundai calls it shiftronic
more info here

Friday, June 09, 2006 1:49 AM
It's not gay actually it allows you to go to redline.. Christ 1HOTCAVFIRE dude don't ask a domestic board that is against anything that wasn't made in the US... check www.newtiburon.com that site will be able to help you out. She can also find the local tib groups for advice and such.

Had to change sig because some dickhead is mad it went 1 letter over size
Friday, June 09, 2006 2:21 AM
Yeah....JBO is SOOOOO anti-import. Especially since at least half the regular members that have been around for a while, now drive imports. And at least 75% of the time, "What car should I get" posts are answered with one import or another

Evil Monkey: go spend more time at newtiburon.com and less here. Mmmk?

Sunday, June 11, 2006 1:53 PM
It's an automatic still, the manual-shift mode just allows you to tell the transmission when to change gears.

Now for a real SMG where a computer controls a real clutch, you have to buy a Ferrari, Lamborghini... VW/Audi...

I was happy when I heard my car ran 10s. Then I found out that was 0-60.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 2:05 PM
1HOTCAVFIRE wrote:so its triptronic???

TIPtronic

Sunday, June 11, 2006 7:25 PM
the tip tranny isn't that bad.

we recently took a trip to the mountains, 3 of us drove my friend Vilmas 4-banger tib w/ the Tip-auto. We sat in bumper to bumper dead-stop Southern California traffic 80% of the way. I was driving and can say i was glad to have an Automatic Tranny and A/C. But the cool part was when we broke free of traffic and hit the twisties in the mountains the tiptronic was a friggin BLAST! it worked flawless for me.

I'll bet with the V-6 this tranny would work alot better. i would highly suggest it. I would prefer the 6-speed...but since traffic is only getting worse everywhere in the world the Tiptronic makes more sense.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search