2002 Toyota Tacoma - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 Toyota Tacoma
Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:51 AM
Hey, guys. I've been thinking of traiding in my Elantra for a truck, 'cause the wife and I are moving soon. I have other reasons, but that's what pushed it the most. I"m not looking for anything big or bad, and think I found the perfect one. It's a 2002 Toyota Tacoma extended cab, two wheel drive, four cylinder, automatic. Fits the bill perfect for what I'd be using it for.

My question is, does anyone know anyone that can provide feedback on what they like or don't like about theirs. Are there any common problems I need to look out for? Any help would be appreciated.

-John

Re: 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:52 AM
toyota trucks are solid trucks...but you know i'm partial to toyota, anyway.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain
Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:06 AM
True, true.

-John

Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:07 AM
Like Laura said, Toyota makes solid trucks...my dad has had 5 since I was little and they never gave him any problems.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:07 AM
Toyota trucks!!!!111!! I will never own a truck that isn't Toyota.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:52 PM
I agree thta Toyota makes really good trucks.

But come on...... a 4 cyl truck? What's the point?

Go V6!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, June 08, 2006 5:20 PM
The 4cyl is a 2.4L or 2.7L
So not too shabby for a 4.

We just got an 06 taco 5speed with the 2.7L

nice little truck.

We've also had multiple 80's toyota p/u's. The only reason we don't have them anymore is because they were crashed by one of our drivers.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 7:16 PM
What's the point? Gas milage, for one. (Don't mistake me on that one. I'm not complaining about gas prices. I'm just saying that there's if I don't need the larger engine, then getting better milage is a good arguing point for me). For two, I don't plan on towing anything. Three, lower inusrance. I've been all about what I need, not what I "want" lately. If I were looking into getting what I "want", I'd be getting a Tundra with the V8, but that's more than what I would use.

REDGOTE, that's a damn nice truck right there!! I'd love to see more pics.

Thanks for the input, everyone.

-John

Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:17 PM
maybe check out toyotanation for some input
Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:49 PM
Toyota ANYTHING is at the top of the automotive market period!
Friday, June 09, 2006 7:25 AM
My buddy has a 4x4 TRD Tacoma extended cab. Boy is that thing fun! You cant go wrong with a Toyota. Try and look for a 4x4. Trust me if your going to spend the $$$ on a truck might as well get the 4x4.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me

Friday, June 09, 2006 2:44 PM
un4givn wrote:REDGOTE, that's a damn nice truck right there!! I'd love to see more pics.

It's an '88 with the 22RE, 33's and a 7" total lift. Also, I recommend Yotatech.com for info on Toyota trucks and 4Runners. It' s a great site.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:09 AM
As much as I love yota, I would still perfer a real truck like a chevy z71 or something in the GMC lineup. I just have never been impressed with the truck lineup by toyota (except the 07 or 08? the one that looks kind of like a dodge ram)

Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:12 PM
I live in the city, and really have no need for a 4x4. This is going to replace my daily driver (as long as I can convince my wife that the time is right to trade it in... she's hesitant). I'd get myself in too much trouble with a 4x4 Yota, though there will always be a soft spot in my heart for them. Maybe after a few years I could get an older 80's one and toy it out like REDGOTE's, but for now, it doesn't fit the bill.

Thanks for the info an other websites, guys. I'll keep you all posted on what I decide to do.

-John

Sunday, June 11, 2006 6:10 PM
Atualy i was thinking about gettin a 81-90 as a DD/ parts hauler, i love the 22R an d the 22RE engines.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search