2006 Honda CRV EX 2WD - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2006 Honda CRV EX 2WD
Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:11 AM
Do you guys know anything about them? Do you know of any problems with them?

I think this is the car that I have decided on and would like some feedback.

DO NOT SUGGEST OTHER CARS, I AM NOT INTERESTED!

Re: 2006 Honda CRV EX 2WD
Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:14 AM
I think you should get a 2004 Ford Excursion, I heard those are going pretty cheap because of gas prices

................Which car will hit 400 whp first???................
Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:23 AM
we didn't like them when dad test-drove one. ride comfort couldn't compare to the RAV...

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain
Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:28 AM
I have not heard any problems engine/chassis wise. Almost bulletproof.
But...
Chances are you going to be buying automatic. Honda since 1999 had been notrious for having faulty automatics. Recalls and all. Chances are Honda has solved the issues.

Hmm... higher center-of-gravity suv with so-so fuel efficincy at $3 per gallon. hmm
Civic sounds more like a safer purchase.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:55 AM
I test drove both the 2 door and 4 door civics...I liked the dash set up but hated the radio and center console area...its not something that I could get used to.

Also, while the 4 door civic had a decent amount of space, it would so much easier to put a dog cage in the back of the CRV. We like taking the dogs to the dog park and the space would definitely get utilized by that and our weekly Costco trips LOL.

If dogs, getting married, and having kids weren't an issue for the next few years, then I would get the 2 door civic BUT things have changed

As for the gas milage, its the same as my Sunfire GT...I last 2 weeks on a tank of gas, and if me shelling out 40 bucks every two weeks is going to break the bank then I shouldn't be looking for a new car at all. More or less, I am content with the gas milage.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:05 PM

personally. I'm against 2wd SUVs. it defeats the point of owing one.
2WD SUV = MiniVan with a bloated ego.
I would just get a minivan if utility/space was on the top of my list.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built jeep
Thursday, June 08, 2006 5:50 PM
snoeterp82 wrote:I test drove both the 2 door and 4 door civics...I liked the dash set up but hated the radio and center console area...its not something that I could get used to.

Also, while the 4 door civic had a decent amount of space, it would so much easier to put a dog cage in the back of the CRV. We like taking the dogs to the dog park and the space would definitely get utilized by that and our weekly Costco trips LOL.

If dogs, getting married, and having kids weren't an issue for the next few years, then I would get the 2 door civic BUT things have changed

As for the gas milage, its the same as my Sunfire GT...I last 2 weeks on a tank of gas, and if me shelling out 40 bucks every two weeks is going to break the bank then I shouldn't be looking for a new car at all. More or less, I am content with the gas milage.

If practically is an issue then I can see it being a better buy then. If you told me it would serve for no practical purpose, then I d say go for a car.
It is I just steer clear from high center of gravity vehicles just for safety purposes only. I just saw you are going for a 2wd edition which does close in rating as your GT, you may spend $5 more and may last a day or two less on a tank-full but it should off set the convenience you'd be getting.

The only thing I can tell you is drive & take corners slower and research on Honda's auto tranny's reliability and go from there.

Best of luck!

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, June 09, 2006 5:13 PM
just get an escalade....

Saturday, June 10, 2006 12:29 PM
Sure Jim, I'll just pull some more money out of my ass for that.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 2:19 PM
go for it, nice little cars, we dont get a lot of them in for major problems at work, just routine maintenance.

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Saturday, June 10, 2006 2:21 PM
I had a friend with a 2000 CRV that he would beat to hell every day. Still kicking strong as ever. Plenty of room to haul around friends too. I'd say they are solid, and you should go for it.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 10:20 AM
The tranny problems with Hondas went back to the automatics in the Accord I4/V6/Odyssey models. These issues have been resolved. The trannys that come with the K series motors have been very reliable. You could drop a M67 under the hood of those cars and they would still run. Most of the bulletins should be revised by the 2K6 MY. I'll ask my friends back at the shop to see what they have come up with.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 3:09 PM
Depends on how much you would need 4WD. If you wouldn't need it that much I would get the 2WD. They are nice little SUVs!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 3:34 PM
No worries, we have decided on another car FOR SURE. But thanks for all the feedback!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search