00 Focus Help - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
00 Focus Help
Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:22 AM
What would make this Focus idle like @!#$, it has new plugs wires, both new 02 sensors and it still idles like it's about to die. I'm thinking it has something to do with ignition, does anyone know how the plug wires go onto the ignition coil. that would help me cancel out a few things.

Re: 00 Focus Help
Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:29 AM
Predator wrote:What would make this Focus idle like @!#$, it has new plugs wires, both new 02 sensors and it still idles like it's about to die. I'm thinking it has something to do with ignition, does anyone know how the plug wires go onto the ignition coil. that would help me cancel out a few things.

do those have MAF s

PPPSSSS!!!! MMMMMmmmMMM boost=yummy

Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:34 AM
I believe so

Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:56 AM
check to see if its got some build up could cause a @!#$ty idle

just be really careful cleaning it cause there really delicate

PPPSSSS!!!! MMMMMmmmMMM boost=yummy

Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:06 AM
just checked it, no build up or anything.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:50 AM
haha, you have a ford @!#$us. my mom had the same model year. hers had the exact same problem. we ended up trading it in for a corolla s, but evidentally there is a recall or a tsb that deals with that. im trying to find the proper bulletin or recall. if i find it ill post it up. but try looking there.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:10 PM
Tristan wrote:haha, you have a ford @!#$us. my mom had the same model year. hers had the exact same problem. we ended up trading it in for a corolla s, but evidentally there is a recall or a tsb that deals with that. im trying to find the proper bulletin or recall. if i find it ill post it up. but try looking there.
No I don't, check my Registry my friend.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:55 PM
ok...sorry?

Sunday, June 11, 2006 1:51 PM
bob tommas wrote:

do those have MAF s

I was just about to say, it'll be the MAF sensor. Expensive to replace but I bet you that clears it up.

I was happy when I heard my car ran 10s. Then I found out that was 0-60.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search