ASC Diamondback Viper - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ASC Diamondback Viper
Sunday, January 08, 2006 6:18 PM

ASC had a hand in transforming the Viper roadster into the Viper coupe. So it used that vehicle to showcase its latest developments in the use of lightweight carbon fiber panels. The concept Viper is fitted with a roof, deck lid, rocker panels, fascia inserts and hood made of carbon fiber. ASC says it has developed forming processes that cut the amount of time needed to form carbon fiber panels by 80 percent versus conventional technology. The extensive use of carbon fiber cut 85 pounds from the weight of the vehicle. ASC also worked with McLaren Performance Technologies to develop a 615-horsepower version of the Viper’s V-10 engine for the concept – highlighted by 10 trumpeted air intakes peeking through a hole in the carbon fiber hood. ASC estimates the Diamondback Viper will run from 0 to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: ASC Diamondback Viper
Sunday, January 08, 2006 6:21 PM
If Chrysler goes on with this one, Z06 will will have a tough battle.
GM may want to bring out the LS9 a little sooner.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:33 PM
looks interesting....those velocity stacks look a bit off to me tho.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:34 PM
What do you know of the LS9?

Go reply to my thread...

LS1Tech | F-Body.com | Eastern F-Body Association | Toronto F-Body Club
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 4:42 PM
It's nice and all...but how much is this thing gonna cost??????

RE Audio
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 4:48 PM
Even 85 lighter than a stock Viper, it's still probably gonna be heavier than the Z06 Vette. By the way.......the Z06 is already running a 0 to 60 of about 3.5 seconds. The LS9 (Sting Ray) will definitely be HELL!!
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:53 PM
Mr. Goodwrench, from what I read on the autoweek.com website. It said that they are trying for 650hp.

Also, since McLaren is helping this production, I dont really see a problem with the way things are going to perform and the longevity of the car.

dan

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 6:00 PM
Nice concept and good platform to show the benefits of a new way to form carbon fiber. I do think it is time for the Viper to get an extreme makeover. The last restyle kinda of softened the look instead of giving it the king of the streets look. The copperhead(another deadly type of snake) V10 in the Viper has alot of capacity for performance increases (ask Hennessy) so Dodge shouldnt have any problem staying ahead of Corvette in the HP race. Don't get me wrong, I love Corvettes, especially the Z06, but the Viper is still very cool. If I were in charge of Dodge, I would come out with a limited run(say 500) of Vipers, give them 650-700 hp, the most menacing body kit available, suspension & brake upgrades, and nickname them "Taipan Vipers" after the deadly Australian snake. Just an idea.

"...nevermind maneuvers lieutenant, just go straight at them!"
-Admiral Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 6:05 PM
For anybody that wants to read the full story about the new viper.

new viper story

dan

Thursday, June 08, 2006 5:05 AM
As I said in the other post ...... AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Its takes Dodge all this to beat a Vette !!!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 7:38 AM
Jackalope wrote:As I said in the other post ...... AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Its takes Dodge all this to beat a Vette !!!

x2....not to mention it will probably cost twice as much $

RE Audio

Thursday, June 08, 2006 7:50 AM
Well of corse it will ! First its a Dodge and then it tuned by McClaren and we all know how much those things cost! So once again Ma Mopar coming in second to Chevy.

Lets see a $100,000, 600+ hp Sting Ray Corvette that will kick the crap out of everything short of a million + $ Bugatti, Or a Viper that will undoubtedly cost twice as much and offer less performance. Um yeah why would anybody buy one ?

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:44 PM
I've worked on a viper or two during my time at dodge... while they're cool cars, and i wouldn't turn one down if it was given to me, i definitely don't see much between it and the vette that would make it the better buy. The viper's price makes it more exclusive i suppose, you won't be just another dude with a vette... But yeah, they needed to do that body with a Hennesy turbo system instead. Can we say nought to sixty in TWO seconds?

And there's something that just doesn't look right about polished velocity stacks sticking through a carbon fiber hood... a generation clash at best, outright gaudy and impractical at worst...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:06 PM
So now you want a Viper tuned by McClaren and turboed by Hennesy ? DEAR GOD MAN that would be close to a 500k car at that point ! True it would also spank a Vette, but damn a 500k car BETTER be able to take a 100k car!

Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:11 PM
Jackalope wrote:So now you want a Viper tuned by McClaren and turboed by Hennesy ? DEAR GOD MAN that would be close to a 500k car at that point ! True it would also spank a Vette, but damn a 500k car BETTER be able to take a 100k car!

Yeah i dont know about that, imagine what Lingenfelter could do to a vette for that much money..or better yet, look what they had done to the vette with only 100k...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search