Dodge Viper... The Vette SS fighter - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dodge Viper... The Vette SS fighter
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:44 AM
To get an idea of the car. (pics too)
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=111606&t=111606#111606

The Diamondback Viper coupe, an American Specialty Cars concept featuring a 615-hp V10 tuned by McLaren Performance Technologies.

ASC broadly winked when asked if it planned to build the car, noting the company was already aware of potential problems with the concept’s 10 air intakes poking up through the lightweight carbon fiber hood (ASC also used carbon fiber for the roof, decklid and rocker panels, shaving 85 pounds off the concept’s curb weight).
It looks like they’ve tackled the intake issue. This killer Viper is rumored to be producing 650 hp, which ought to be good for 0 to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds—or less.
Best guess here is Dodge will use this ASC/McLaren project to bridge a 2007 model-year gap, during which Dodge reportedly plans no regular production Vipers.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Dodge Viper... The Vette SS fighter
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 12:28 PM
Good vipers need to be vette killers. I will be a loyal viper fan for the rest of my life.
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 12:44 PM
since i'll never be able to afford either, looks take top priority. I'll take the Vette over that dodge monstrosity any day of the week.

My other car is an interceptor.
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 1:33 PM
WOW !!! So it took Dodge All that to beat a Corvette ? AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!! Thats efing great !!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 2:28 PM
Jackalope wrote:WOW !!! So it took Dodge All that to beat a Corvette ? AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!! Thats efing great !!

Yeah wow, not impressed at all....Sorry but not only are they behind with the viper, but that POS prolly cost a pretty penny. Not that the normal one is cheap anyways.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 2:34 PM
On top of that, i have to laugh at the fact that Mclaren had to help....

Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:54 PM
why would you link to another post in the same forum? just post in thw topic that already exists.....

Lui
Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:39 PM
Because if you look at the date he originaly posted that he did it back a long time ago he did the link to show a pic thats all and then others started to post there once the link went up.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:39 PM
Wait wait wait..... when are we going to hear that the new Stingray/Blue Devil is ghey because it needs a supercharger to make less hp than the viper does all motor?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:42 PM
Well lets see....... NEVER cause the Vette will still cost less and still spank the Viper. Any other questions?

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:45 PM
i'm just referencing the forty bajillion other posts in this forum about why the ford gt must suck because it needed a supercharger to make 500 whp and the Z06 does it all motor... which is the stupidest damn argument I ever did hear.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:03 PM
Ahhhh maybe so but I never said that even if others did. The GT makes 500 ponies with a 5.4 litre engine and the Vette does it with a 7.0 litre engine. Who cares if it takes a blower to get there its still THERE ! BUT if the GT had the same size engine as the Vette's 7.0 litre AND a supercharger then it would be a monster !

Price was the thing I was getting at. $ for $ the Vette is a bargin compared to the GT. I still think the GT is cool its just I like the Vette better because it gives = to if not better performance for less cash. You can't argue that !

Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:11 PM
Zcrewylui wrote:why would you link to another post in the same forum? just post in thw topic that already exists.....

Answer.
Jackalope wrote:Because if you look at the date he originaly posted that he did it back a long time ago he did the link to show a pic thats all and then others started to post there once the link went up.

Thank-you^
And the other link was there just to give an (idea) of what it is. Remember that white Viper is a concept.

Lastly, it is no surprise McLaren had a hand in this Viper. Mercedes owns Chrysler and Mercedes has working ties with Mclaren. Does Mercedes SLR and Mercedes Formula-1 race car ring a bell?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:26 PM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:Wait wait wait..... when are we going to hear that the new Stingray/Blue Devil is ghey because it needs a supercharger to make less hp than the viper does all motor?

Umm.. because:

Corvette = V8

Viper = V10

Obviously more cylinders + more displacement = more power.

A blown V8 is a perfect match for a stock V10.

Same way a blown v6 is game for an all motor v8.

Or a blown I4 is game for an all motor v6.

Etc etc.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search