S-10 Blazer Questions. HELP! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
S-10 Blazer Questions. HELP!
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 5:17 PM

OK my dad has a 1999 S10 Blazer 2wd 2 Door. We want to lower it using the belltech spindles up front. Tonight we went to take it apart and the rotor was to rusty to get off. Then we decided to just unbolt the hub completely and take it all off because it was apparent that the wheel bearing was sh-t.

Now the question is, since hubs for '99 and up are like $150 per side and the drop spindles are like $270; and the same parts for the older style hub I think '97 and earlier are way cheaper can these parts be interchanged?

Simply put, we want to put the old style '97 and earlier wheel bearing, hub, and drop spindles on a 1999 2wd Blazer will this work alright?

Also we will be replacing the rotors and possibly even calipers at the same time.

I already plan on posting this at s10forum but it sounded like there were many blazer owners here.

Thanks a lot for any guidance!!

Re: S-10 Blazer Questions. HELP!
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:55 AM
go to autozone.com or advanceauto.com and crossreference the part #'s.

on a side note, if you've got to replace the rotors anyway, why didnt you just PB blast the crap outta them, and kick em loose?

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:50 AM
^^^^^ We did, I almost tried the old trick of leaving the lugs loose and driving it around the block but didn't.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:01 AM
wow... that's a lot of rust. maybe you've discovered a new method of joining two peices of metal!
"yeah, well, what we did was we cut the parts to fit, and then rust welded them in place."

Andy

ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 1:25 PM
Yeah where I live they use a lot of salt and saline solutions, pretty effective at melting cars decent at melting snow ha ha.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 2:26 PM
i know, i live in indiana

Andy

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:24 PM
from what i knwo of the 98+ blazers i think what you are speaking of might be do-able but isn't the suggested route to take due to having to take and replace a whole shiatload of parts jsut to get the cheaper lowering spindle and bearing...the spindle/brake/bearing setup they started usisng ont he 98 up blazes had to do with better brakes and the added weight difference of the blazer vs the s10....think of it liek this why id they only amke this design for the blazer and not update the design of the s10 std cab and ext cabs? i duno i would suggest doing liek you sadi and chekcing out s10forum.com/forum and also there is s-seriesforum.com/forum(not as much info but still a nice little forum) good luck

joshey
Thursday, June 08, 2006 7:35 PM
i think suspension parts were the same on all s10's, i know all the lowering parts are anyway, so i'd assume most of the stockers are as well.

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search