90 ford taurus.... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
90 ford taurus....
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:22 AM
Anyone know what tools you need to change a 90 ford taurus's front brakes? I hade a hanes manual but it vanished into thin air(haha) anyway my brakes need to be changed and we're not sure on what we need so i'm comming to you guys to see if anyone knows thanks if anyone does!

-Ashley

Re: 90 ford taurus....
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:17 PM
my 2003 taurus, its 2 19mm bolts that hold the caliper on. are u doing just pads or rotors too? just pry against the inner pad and rotor if ur replacing the rotors, so u can push the piston in. even if ur not doing rotors, be carewfull prying, u dont want to mar up the rotor. hope it helped

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:59 PM
95% of brakes are held on with 4 bolts, two for the caliper two on the caliper braket

the ones on the caliper will either be 6 point star, allen head key, or a reglar 6 point hex head if your lucky

caliper brakets are usually hex heads but i have seen 6 point star heads also.

-Borsty
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:15 AM
well i got ahold of the person who forgot to return my manual... haahaa.. anyway they said its a torx bit... and i did some well alot of researching online and i found that i said a T40 torx bit.. anyone heard of u needing that to replace your brakes.. the fun part is finding someone that has one.. so i dont have to go out and buy someone i might not use again. this car is deffinatly not worth buying tools to fix it LOL

and thank u guys for replying
Friday, June 09, 2006 5:12 PM
torx huh, just bought a new snap on t40, u can get one from autozone for a few bux i bet. worth having.

Friday, June 09, 2006 6:43 PM
trox bit is the 6 point star i was talking about

t40 should cost you like 5 bucks at autozone, get the socket not those crappy L wrecnhes

-Borsty
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search