Should I upgrade? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Should I upgrade?
Saturday, June 03, 2006 8:28 PM
Hey,

I'm kind of in a situation with my cavalier (long story), its a good car so i'm thinking of finding another Cavalier with an ECOTEC this time . Anyways I have also spotted some cars that have caught my attention. I will be getting a deal because I have connections with a friend who fixes lightly damaged cars professionaly so I'm not worried about getting ripped off. Anyways the cars (ranked from the most interested in to the least ) i'm considering are: (all of them have to have PW and PDL)

2002-2005 Cav (sedan or coupe) a Z24 or a loaded 03-05 VLX (LS)
2002-2003 Malibu (LS possibly)
2003-2004 Alero (Sedan) (No more oldsmobile, less support for them)
2005-2006 Cobalt (not the SS, expensive insurance!) Sedan (LT) (still too new)

The only car i'm sort of scared of buying is Malibu because of the V6 because gas prices, but overall I like how they almost all have the ECOTEC, If we had the Classic here in Canada id be looking at that because its basically a Malibu with an ECOTEC.

What do you guys think?

Re: Should I upgrade?
Monday, June 05, 2006 6:57 PM
If you like the cavalier, get another one. You know the car, and you expressed concerns over the other cars you posted. The cobalt would be nice, but you are concerned about insurance, and I agree it is too new. It sounds liike you already had your mind made up considering you listed downsides to everything but the cavalier.

Do I really need a signature?
Monday, June 05, 2006 11:19 PM
Quote:

2002-2003 Malibu (LS possibly)
2003-2004 Alero (Sedan) (No more oldsmobile, less support for them)

same car for the most part...come with the same motors 2.4tc,eco,3400

as you see in my sig i have an alero...its a 2.4 , i accually like there not being a whole lot of support...cause once you, if you do mod your car your not likely to see another one with the same mods...on the downside, the main alero site, aleromod.com sucks, the people over there are worse then the ppl here (why im still here)

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:29 AM
my mom drives an intruge (one size larger than alero) same color as your alero...lol...and when i went to miami we had an alero as a rental car...we liked it alot. i love oldsmobile...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:29 AM
Upgrade ...

Get the hell out of the bottem feeder econo box grocery getter segment.

Impala's are nice ... and due to GMs ridiculous depreciation value, can be picked up quite cheaply.

Oh yeah ... and Yaris.

LS1's never blow up;
Spray that puppy... 02 sensors are overrated.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search